SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtooley View Post
What type of flowers did you ask for for your hair?! I love them!!!
Anabel kept calling them small orchids. I think they might be G007 from the wedding flowers pdf they give out. She made it seem like they were in season and inexpensive. I, too, have heard that orchids are very expensive at DT, but that might be a different kind - probably the ones in my BDW avatar (which are my favorite and were not available).

Hey Starlitk! Welcome back to you and all of the recent brides! Wishing your experience was better but it really is like a wedding factory sometimes from what we observed too! We were fortunate in the sense that our wedding was the only one that day.

You looked beautiful and you haif looked great...did you end up using some of the sample pics I sent you??

Thanks so much for the honest reviews ladies. Your input is invaluable to us all.

Im super pleased that you all managed to truly enjoy your wedding days despite some unforgivable errors and poor customer service on the part of DT.

Im certain that the co-ordinators are doing their best with the time and resources they have at there disposal but if something isnt done this is only going to get worse.

As VioletVixen mentioned I really do think we need to get the management to take notice of this feedback, realise that what we have here is a powerful little community which can affect business and act accordingly.. .any suggestions on how we do this?

rant.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise L View Post
Hey Starlitk! Welcome back to you and all of the recent brides! Wishing your experience was better but it really is like a wedding factory sometimes from what we observed too! We were fortunate in the sense that our wedding was the only one that day.

You looked beautiful and you haif looked great...did you end up using some of the sample pics I sent you??
Thanks Denise! I definitely did use the sample pics that you shared with me and they were incredibly helpful! My hair is much shorter than yours, but she was able to do something similar that I really liked. Thanks so much again for sharing those!

I love your thank you card in your signature! So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernflasher View Post
Thanks so much for the honest reviews ladies. Your input is invaluable to us all.

Im super pleased that you all managed to truly enjoy your wedding days despite some unforgivable errors and poor customer service on the part of DT.

Im certain that the co-ordinators are doing their best with the time and resources they have at there disposal but if something isnt done this is only going to get worse.

As VioletVixen mentioned I really do think we need to get the management to take notice of this feedback, realise that what we have here is a powerful little community which can affect business and act accordingly.. .any suggestions on how we do this?
rant.gif
Hi Michelle, I agree with you totally. Sunbride since you were the one that started the forum, do you have any advice how to do this? I think it would be better for someone who already had their wedding to bring this to the attention so that we don't have to worry about retaliation with less attention to a wedding coming up. Does anyone else feel this way? Would anyone be willing to do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
Hi Michelle, I agree with you totally. Sunbride since you were the one that started the forum, do you have any advice how to do this? I think it would be better for someone who already had their wedding to bring this to the attention so that we don't have to worry about retaliation with less attention to a wedding coming up. Does anyone else feel this way? Would anyone be willing to do this?
I definitely expressed my displeasure to Landy and Anabel when we met with them prior to the wedding (about having no options, and being unhappy about 3 weddings/day). After the wedding, I really only told Anabel about the things that went wrong and she apologized. I have been internally debating whether to contact the resort or AMResorts to let them know about the things that went wrong, but had decided against it so far because I had felt like I'd spoken my peace. What did you guys have in mind?

Angruck and Starlitk... If things are really going this direction then its us future brides that need to ensure we are happy when our time comes... with a little help from our married forum friends obviously! LOL

Wondering about anyones thoughts on posting on the actual Dreams forum. Maybe some of you girls could join the official dreams forum and post your honest reviews on there. Maybe we could highlight the fact that the wedding guide still states a max of 2 weddings... I dont really know, im just venting cos im super nervous about this whole thing and feel like we need to be doing something and not sure were to start... All suggestions welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlitk View Post
I definitely expressed my displeasure to Landy and Anabel when we met with them prior to the wedding (about having no options, and being unhappy about 3 weddings/day). After the wedding, I really only told Anabel about the things that went wrong and she apologized. I have been internally debating whether to contact the resort or AMResorts to let them know about the things that went wrong, but had decided against it so far because I had felt like I'd spoken my peace. What did you guys have in mind?
I think AMResorts would need to be contacted since they probably handle the resort principles--adding more weddings. It would have to be more than one person though so they can't disregard it. We need to see how the other brides are going to feel as their wedding days come and go. There were a lot of brides end of june/beginning of July. Hopefully we will have more reviews.

Anyone who recently got married and have grievances want to share that with the company? It all depends on that. Obviously those of us who are planning can attest to the frustration of not hearing back quickly(or at all for some).

Posting something on the Dreams Forum might be effective, I know AMResorts people frequent that forum.

How about writing a letter/petition stating the problems and concerns and having affect past brides as well as future brides sign it? Then sending it by email to AMResorts.