The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

In terms of your post, how come you don't know whether you're reception will be on the beach or at Seaside Grill? I "reserved" the beach for my reception, but does that not mean that i am guaranteed to get it??

Hi there! We're finding out tomorrow where our reception will be held, and our wedding is June 29th (in 1 month). What I was told was there are several weddings per day, and because of that, and other uncontrollable factors (i.e. sections of resort that may need repair, etc..) they cannot confirm the location of the reception until 3-4 weeks beforehand. Most likely we get what we asked for, but there is no way of knowing with 100% certainty until 3-4 weeks before.

We were also asked to include our preference for the location when we first reserved our package, but Anabel was pretty clear in letting us know that it would only be confirmed closer to the actual date. What we did is chose 2 locations, indicated one as our first choice, and the other as our back-up. That way we're hoping to have either/or :-)

I'm getting really excited to leave! We head out June 21st, and will be bringing our laptop so that we can still connect to the internet and stay in touch with our friends, and you wonderful ladies on BDW!!!

Chantal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdtooley View Post
Hey ladies,
I have been searching the site today trying to find the forum that talks about the ceremoney readings and vows. I stumbled across the forum a few months ago and liked a lot of the things that I had read in there and now that I need it, I can't find it.
Some people had absolutely wonderful readings and vows and I just need some inspiration. If anyone has seen it lately or can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
if by chance you replied in the thread, then you should be subscribed to that thread (notified of any updates by emails). In that case you can go to "quick links" on the top right, and click on "subscribed threads" and check that list.

It's hard to search for a thread using a common word like "vows" or "readings" because pretty much every thread has those words.

Is it by any change this one?
http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t37543

Hi Ladies,

I just opened an e-mail from Aurora telling me that I cannot have a private event at the seaside grill if we are less than 50 people!? I don't understand why, if we are paying for the private event and if it is available (depending on occupancy of hotel) why can't I have ithuh.gif She said I can still have it there but not "private". Does that mean I can't hav decorations and a D.J? This sucks!

Has anyone had their reception by the adult pool? Can we have DJ and decorations there? I don't know if there is even enough space to dance!

I am now freaking out over this! I don't understand why 50 people or 30 people makes such a difference when I am paying thr private fee anyway.....

What can I do?

that is weird I think. Yes, you can have a DJ anywhere at the resort. Rachel had hers on the beach and it worked out perfectly. I was going to have my reception and use DJ Mannia by the quiet pool.

Are you sure she didnt mean that you couldnt have the buffet for less than 50?

hum... this is definitely new (and unfair of them not to give prior notice). Maybe they think it's not worth closing down the restaurant for less than 50 guests (don't forget, it's not just the private event fee, but also the cost of the menu at 55 or 65$ per person so they still make less money off a small group).

You can definitely dance next to the adults pool.

You could do decorations even if it's not a private event, but you can't do a DJ.

Why not have dinner at the seaside grill and then do the dancing on the beach with a DJ (close to the seaside grill)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinicalgal View Post

In terms of your post, how come you don't know whether you're reception will be on the beach or at Seaside Grill? I "reserved" the beach for my reception, but does that not mean that i am guaranteed to get it??
My understanding is that the reason that we do not know whether we are going to get the SSG for our reception is because they will only let you have the SSG if the resort it is booked at less than 70% capacity. If it is, they want to leave the restaurant open to other guests. I had originally been told that they would be able to confirm whether we can have SSG one month in advance (as it said in the wedding guide, also), but now they are saying 2 weeks. Of course, when I inquired about this changing, they ignored that part of my email.

In an unrelated matter, I thought you girls would want to know that we've also been told that we cannot hold a bonfire. They do not allow bonfires over the summer because it is nesting season for turtles.

Denise - thanks for the info on lanterns!

Hey girls!

I'm 7 weeks out now...I can't believe it's coming up so soon! I have most items checked off my list but I wish more details were finalized at the resort. I'm wanting to have a welcome happy hour for my guests the day before the wedding (Friday night welcome party and Saturday evening wedding). Does anyone have suggestions for a suitable place? Maybe the Lobby Bar? It doesn't really need to be a private event. I just want to include a location in the intinerary for my guests so we have a common meeting place. Any suggestions are appreciated! Do you think I need to make a reservation and provide hors' doeurves for this sort of thing or should I just include it in the itinerary so everyone shows up?

Thanks!

Amy

Username:danispence13

Namescheesy.gifanielle & Kevin

Date & Time:February 26th 3pm

Wedding package: Dreams of Love

Wedding extras (through the resort): None Yet

Outside vendors (cost charged by vendor and any fees charged by the resort): None

Type of ceremony: Legal

Coordinator: Natalie

Number of guests:20

Ceremony location and time: Beach 3pm

Cocktail hour location and time: Right after the ceremony, location not sure yet?

Reception location and time: Not Sure

Photographer: Resort

Videographer:

Review (link):

Photos (link):

Video (link):

Planning thread (link):

Wedding website (link):

Special arrangements / activities: None Yet

Not really sure how the "cheesy" face appeared on top of my name! Anyways I would like to say I am very pleased that I found you all, there is so much information here. I posted a while ago only a couple of times, however now that I received our rates and I reserved our date things are a little more firm now. I have one question though because I cannot really find the answer to. Just wondering what time everyone had their receptions at? Does anyone know the earliest one can have the reception at? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyc View Post
Hey girls!

I'm 7 weeks out now...I can't believe it's coming up so soon! I have most items checked off my list but I wish more details were finalized at the resort. I'm wanting to have a welcome happy hour for my guests the day before the wedding (Friday night welcome party and Saturday evening wedding). Does anyone have suggestions for a suitable place? Maybe the Lobby Bar? It doesn't really need to be a private event. I just want to include a location in the intinerary for my guests so we have a common meeting place. Any suggestions are appreciated! Do you think I need to make a reservation and provide hors' doeurves for this sort of thing or should I just include it in the itinerary so everyone shows up?

Thanks!

Amy
I think the 3 best options are the Lobby Bar, the Sugar Reef, or the Veranda Bar.

It depends what kind of atmosphere you want. Lobby Bar will give people the option of being outside or inside (since there is the patio at the top of teh grand staircase), Sugar reef bar you are outside, Veranda bar you are inside.

Check out the pictures on page 2 to help you decide (although we don't have any pics of the veranda bar). Also, on the Dreams Tulum website, they now have virtual tours. They have one for the veranda bar (although it says veranda restaurant, which is weird because it's not a restaurant).

If it was me, I wouldn't bother with hors d'oeuvres. I mean it's an all-inclusive resort, people can go to the restaurant afterwards (or before depending on teh time you set) and eat as much as they want for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danispence13 View Post
Not really sure how the "cheesy" face appeared on top of my name! Anyways I would like to say I am very pleased that I found you all, there is so much information here. I posted a while ago only a couple of times, however now that I received our rates and I reserved our date things are a little more firm now. I have one question though because I cannot really find the answer to. Just wondering what time everyone had their receptions at? Does anyone know the earliest one can have the reception at? Thanks
I don't know if there is a rule as per the time for the reception to start. How early would you want it to start? I'm sure 6pm for dinner is fine. Not sure if they would allow you to start much earlier and unless you have a reason you want to start early it's probably not a great idea, it would mean your reception would be done really early.