The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBlake View Post
Neen, you are so ahead of the game! Thanks a ton for all the info. I guess I need to get going with planning, I'm a bit behind! I'm getting nervous that I don't have it all together. I'm sure there are still beautiful places available for our cocktail hour, maybe around the pool? Any suggestions from other brides would be much appreciated!
Aww, Sarah I'm sorry! I'll give up the veranda bar as my rain location if you want it for your cocktail hour! Or by the pool, on the lobby terrace, by the fountain outside the lobby, and the ballroom terrace are all great locations for a cocktail hour...where is your reception?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amodew View Post
OK, so I'm confused...I never knew that there was a $20 option for dinner. Unfortunately I don't have enough points to open the attachment....is there a quick way to rack up some points so that I could open the attachment?
I've just donated some points to you to open it. The more you post, the more points you earn.

The 20$ dinner is if you don't get an upgraded menu, you just order whatever is normally available at the restaurant (or in the case of the ballroom, the menu in the attachment). Some people wonder why they should have to pay anything if their guests are just ordering the food off the regular menu (seeing as the guests have already paid for all inclusive) but the 20$ is basically a service charge to cover the extra work involved in serving a large group.

I explain this under the reception part in page 1.

Username Trisha0612

Names (optional, first names only) Trish and Travis

Date & Time 10/10/2008

Wedding package Ultimate

Wedding extras (and cost charged) still deciding...

Type of ceremony Symbolic

Coordinator Landy

Number of guests 27

Ceremony location Beach outside seaside grill

Reception location seaside grill

Photographer Jean Marcus Strole! WHOO WHOO

Videographer resort

Review (link)

Photos (link)

Video (link)

Special arrangements / activities (i.e. welcome dinner, special set-up, anything that's not the norm) mmm, Welcome Party at the sugar reef bar 10/08/08, bonfire rehearsal party the night before...boys fishing trip the day before, tulum visit for TTD shoot with the one and only JM strole and Brooke!

See my review for …. (i.e. special info people can find in your review)

Hey ladies!!! I have a couple of questions??

So I've tried emailing Landy and have gotten no reply as of yet...

So I thought I'd turn to you ladies :) you've been such a great help in the past...

Here goes... My question is in regards to the beach hut located on the far end of the beach! (the massage hut) we are confirmed for the Ultimate wedding package, we are having a sit down gold dinner, and so I was wondering if the hut could be an option for our reception or will there be an extra charge?? Has anyone gotten a response from Landy regarding this option?

Is it possible to get a sound system wired to the hut, so that we may play music during our dinner? and what about lighting? is there lighting in the hut? or will that need to wired to the hut as wellhuh.gif

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonna14 View Post
Ladies
I basically just answered my own questions from yesterday..Landy just sent this over to me...the set menus (3 options) for the ballroom, each at $20 per head plus the 25%. I hope this helps..it sure helps me now!!

Thanks
Lonna
For some reason it's saying I don't have enough points to open this file... although I have opened others in the past. Anybody kind enough to give a gal some points? Thank you in avance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrathebride View Post
For some reason it's saying I don't have enough points to open this file... although I have opened others in the past. Anybody kind enough to give a gal some points? Thank you in avance.
I'll donate some to you.

Ladies when opening attachments, make sure to save them on your computer, because each time you open them it costs points.

Dreamstbride,

Neen posted a pic of what appeared to be a private dinner at the massage hut. Just keep in mind that it is relatively small (no more than 20 people). I have also sent Landy an email to inquire if we can reserve this for our receptions site, so if I hear anything I'll keep you posted :o)

As for the wiring, this may be a little tricky due to the distance they would need to wire across the sand. Maybe you could bring a laptop with a lengthy battery life and play from there...just a suggestion.