The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Hi Ladies...so I know I've been MIA lately (super stressed), but I have been reading all the posts as they get forwarded to my email account.

I do have a question though, does anyone have a good sample of a welcome letter. I'm having a hard time writing mine and am lookin for some inspiration. Any help would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
OMG the picture of the luggage in the van is hysterical!!
I know!!! Notice all the matching luggage tags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teesha View Post
Hi Ladies...so I know I've been MIA lately (super stressed), but I have been reading all the posts as they get forwarded to my email account.

I do have a question though, does anyone have a good sample of a welcome letter. I'm having a hard time writing mine and am lookin for some inspiration. Any help would be great!

Teesha your wedding day is almost here! Try not to stress, you will definitely regret it afterwards. Everything will be fine, and the stuff that doesn't work out won't matter.

You may have better luck with the welcome letter thingy in another part of the forum, where you can get responses from all brides rather than just DT brides. My newsletter and another bride's is posted in the member contribution section in page 1, but my newsletter doesn't really have a "welcome letter" per say, it's more just a bunch of usefull info.

Good luck Rachel!!!! Can't wait to see pics when you get back!

I know I'm sooooo delinquent in posting my review, I'm busier now than I was BEFORE the wedding! As I type this I'm still at work and it's after 9pm! I'll post it soon, though, promise. I'm sorry!

Teesha - I created a welcome letter and a THINGS TO DO in RM that you could bastardize...send me your email address and I'll pass it along.

Happy planning to all the brides with weddings coming up soon! smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by neen View Post
I know I'm sooooo delinquent in posting my review, I'm busier now than I was BEFORE the wedding! As I type this I'm still at work and it's after 9pm! I'll post it soon, though, promise. I'm sorry!
I've been bitting my tongue not to say anything wink.gif I was going to call you a tease by promising us it last week. Last time somebody called you a tease is produced effects pretty fast!

Sorry to hear work is so crazy. You have a good excuse for not posting your review, we'll try our best to be patient :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelannmartin View Post
Well ladies, we're off to the airport! I promise to promtly post my review (I know how priceless they are) Thank you all so very much for your support and insight over the last year...we honestly could not have done this without your guidance and constant reassurance that all would work out!
Talk to you when I'm a Mrs! EEEEEEE!smile29.gif
AH Rachel I have been off a few days and just saw this -- CONGRATS! You have already been such a help to me already... thanks! Can't wait to see your pics and hear how it was! :)

I am not sure if you got this from me yet...but here it is!

Username:KylesBrideToBe

Names:Kyle and Angela

Date & Time:June 12, 2009

Wedding package:Ultimate

Wedding extras (and cost charged):Bonfire,...

Type of ceremony:Symbolic with sand ceremony

Coordinator:Landy as of right now

Number of guests:little less than 20

Ceremony location & time:Beach at 12:00 (HOT!HOT!HOT!)

Cocktail hour location and time:soon after ceremony

Reception location:Beach outside seaside grill?

Photographer:Playaweddings...Rachel and Paul!

Videographer:Playaweddings

Review (link):

Photos (link):

Video (link):

Planning thread (link):

Wedding website (link):Our Wedding Website

Special arrangements / activities:deep sea fishing, spa day with the girls

See my review for ….

Hope this is what you needed Sunbride...let me know if you need anything different. Thanks for all your help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylesBrideToBe View Post
I am not sure if you got this from me yet...but here it is!

Username:KylesBrideToBe
Names:Kyle and Angela
Date & Time:June 12, 2009
Wedding package:Ultimate
Wedding extras (and cost charged):Bonfire,...
Type of ceremony:Symbolic with sand ceremony
Coordinator:Landy as of right now
Number of guests:little less than 20
Ceremony location & time:Beach at 12:00 (HOT!HOT!HOT!)
Cocktail hour location and time:soon after ceremony
Reception location:Beach outside seaside grill?
Photographer:Playaweddings...Rachel and Paul!
Videographer:Playaweddings
Review (link):
Photos (link):
Video (link):
Planning thread (link):
Wedding website (link):Our Wedding Website
Special arrangements / activities:deep sea fishing, spa day with the girls
See my review for ….

Hope this is what you needed Sunbride...let me know if you need anything different. Thanks for all your help!!
Hey Angela! I was wondering, (my ceremony is at 12:00 too)... are you having a reception that night or right after? I'm struggling with what to do! Thanks!

Well, I am officially a DT bride now!

Username:lolosmama

Name: Maggie

Date & Time: November 17, 2009

Wedding package: Wedding in Paradise (maybe upgrading...not sure yet)

Wedding extras (and cost charged):?

Type of ceremony:Symbolic

Coordinator:Anabelle

Number of guests: 31 and counting

Ceremony location & time:Beach at 4pm

Cocktail hour location and time:?

Reception location:?

I have a question on the reception/private fee. If we use the Dream of Love or Ultimate package, do we have to pay the private reception fee of $750 to have a group in the ballroom, on the beach, etc? We will have about 40 guests.

Thanks for all of this information!!

Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolosmama View Post
I have a question on the reception/private fee. If we use the Dream of Love or Ultimate package, do we have to pay the private reception fee of $750 to have a group in the ballroom, on the beach, etc? We will have about 40 guests.
Not the ballroom, beach or pool, but to have them close down one of the restaurants yes.

Oh wait, sorry, just realized you said you are using the Wedding in Paradise package. I don't think we ever received word on that yet. Most brides use the other 2 packages. You should double check.

You will of course have to pay for the meals for the guests. If you are using the silver menu it will be 40x55$ or the gold menu 40x65$. If you want to just use the regular restaurant menu it would be 40x20$.

If they charge you the 750$ for the private reception, it would be in addition to the meal charge. But I would expect they won't charge you it, I think it's purely to close the restaurants.