Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylesBrideToBe View Post
I just have a couple questions...

1. Is it a requirement to rent a dance floor if the reception is on the beach, we have a small group but I still want to dance?

2. Is the ipod hook-up easy? Do we need to bring anything else other than batteries and the ipod?

3. If anyone has done the spa day with a group of girls...I know the bride gets a discount but I was hoping to pay for 6 including myself for pedi's...do you know if I can get a discount for all of them, if so, do you know the price?

I think that is all for right now...thank you so much for your help as usual...you guys are great!!

Angela
Hey Angela, I had my reception on the beach and it is not a requirement to rent a dance floor. Dancing in the sand is so much more fun! I had my songs on my ipod and burned them on CD's but it's easier using their CD player because you don't need batteries. Their CD player is the professional DJ type (not your average boombox) which hooks up to their speakers and the sound quality is fantastic. If you the bride are paying for spa treatments for others you can use your discount. Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollbird View Post
Hey Angela, I had my reception on the beach and it is not a requirement to rent a dance floor. Dancing in the sand is so much more fun! I had my songs on my ipod and burned them on CD's but it's easier using their CD player because you don't need batteries. Their CD player is the professional DJ type (not your average boombox) which hooks up to their speakers and the sound quality is fantastic. If you the bride are paying for spa treatments for others you can use your discount. Hope that helps!
Dollbird- What was your fee to use the CD player set up? Was it that astronomical 750?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't want the dance floor, you could dance in the sand, or maybe next to the pool, or you can head to the disco (which is usually empty or almost empty so your group can "take over" and you can give the DJ your music)

 

You have to pay 150$ for the speaker system, which includes hook up for an ipod or a cd player

 

There is an attachment on page 1 that has the price list for the spa (make sure to save it when you open it because it uses points every time you download it). If you are paying for everyone, your discount applies to them all (if everyone pays their own, I'm not sure if they all get the bride's discount).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylesBrideToBe View Post
I just have a couple questions...

1. Is it a requirement to rent a dance floor if the reception is on the beach, we have a small group but I still want to dance?

2. Is the ipod hook-up easy? Do we need to bring anything else other than batteries and the ipod?

3. If anyone has done the spa day with a group of girls...I know the bride gets a discount but I was hoping to pay for 6 including myself for pedi's...do you know if I can get a discount for all of them, if so, do you know the price?

I think that is all for right now...thank you so much for your help as usual...you guys are great!!

Angela
HI Angela, my wedding is not until April but no I don't think it is a requirement to rent the dance floor for the beach...or at least I hope it's not b/c we are having our reception on the beach and are not planning on having the dance floor.

As for the spa...I have been in contact with Jennifer Barnett the Spa Concierge and I am pretty sure she told me that myself and all my BM would get 15% off all services. Just ask her that in an email but don't say you heard it on here b/c I think sometimes they like to make it seem like they are doing special things...but she has been really great so I am sure they can help you out with that especially if you are paying for them.

Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBlake View Post
Thanks!!! We kept it simple since you don't have a ton of room to write. On the cover, we just had our names, date and location. The second insert, we had live, laugh LOVE (it was on our invites). Third page, bridal party info. Fourth page: ring bearers and groomsmen info. Fifth page: thank you note to guests. I ordered way too many. I had enough for each guest but a bunch of people either left them on the seat or didn't realize they were there. I would suggest ordering a few less unless you really have a small group. We ordered from //www.custom-programs.com/. They were fantastic. I was very anxious because I didn't give them that much time to complete them but they reassured me they'd make and they did! No issues. Very easy!
Thanks for the infor...I have a few more questions for you hope you don't mind:

1. Where did you order your lanterns from?

2. Did you have your guest get there own drinks and if so from what bar?

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI all. I just got back from Dreams last night. My wedding was absolutely fabulous!!! Dreams was everything I had hoped it to be. You and your guests are in for such a treat!! Natalia- the wedding coordinator is wonderful! I will be writing my review soon. Here are a few things to share: The resort was completely booked while I was there and a Manager that we got to know said the next few months they are at full capacity. Friday, Sat and Sunday are huge daus for weddings- 3 every day. They do a good job of scattering everyone. All of my family except for 1 room all booked in the Dreams side - which I recommend. The Hacienda side has very nice rooms and even good views but the mosquitoes are really bad! I had my hair done with Trinidad- she did an amazing job! The Seaside grill is awesome for the ceremony- super romantic! ill post my review in the am. Oh and if you want to book spa treatments for your guests do it when you arrive. each day there is a sheet put in your room for the days events and spa tratments are like 40 % off in those! They will let you book treatments in bulk. Carlos the Manager is super nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I joined this discussion a while back, but now that things are coming together here are the details:

 

Username: chanti

Names: Chantal and Nathan

Date & Time: June 29th 2009

Wedding package: Ultimate

Wedding extras (and cost charged): none yet

Type of ceremony: Civil/Legal

Coordinator: Luxe Destination Events + coordinator at resort (not sure who yet)

Number of guests: approximately 20

Ceremony location & time: Beach; 12:00

Cocktail hour location and time: 2 PM, lobby

Reception location: 5 PM, trying to get adult poolside locaation

Photographer: resort photographer + Moments that Matter Photography

Videographer: resort

Planning thread (link): none

Wedding website (link): http://www.luxedestinationweddings.c.../chantalnathan

Special arrangements / activities: Coba, Tulum ruins and Eco-park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeninVirginia View Post
HI all. I just got back from Dreams last night. My wedding was absolutely fabulous!!! Dreams was everything I had hoped it to be. You and your guests are in for such a treat!! Natalia- the wedding coordinator is wonderful! I will be writing my review soon. Here are a few things to share: The resort was completely booked while I was there and a Manager that we got to know said the next few months they are at full capacity. Friday, Sat and Sunday are huge daus for weddings- 3 every day. They do a good job of scattering everyone. All of my family except for 1 room all booked in the Dreams side - which I recommend. The Hacienda side has very nice rooms and even good views but the mosquitoes are really bad! I had my hair done with Trinidad- she did an amazing job! The Seaside grill is awesome for the ceremony- super romantic! ill post my review in the am. Oh and if you want to book spa treatments for your guests do it when you arrive. each day there is a sheet put in your room for the days events and spa tratments are like 40 % off in those! They will let you book treatments in bulk. Carlos the Manager is super nice.
Welcome back and congratulations! Can't wait for the full review

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeninVirginia View Post
HI all. I just got back from Dreams last night. My wedding was absolutely fabulous!!! Dreams was everything I had hoped it to be. You and your guests are in for such a treat!! Natalia- the wedding coordinator is wonderful! I will be writing my review soon. Here are a few things to share: The resort was completely booked while I was there and a Manager that we got to know said the next few months they are at full capacity. Friday, Sat and Sunday are huge daus for weddings- 3 every day. They do a good job of scattering everyone. All of my family except for 1 room all booked in the Dreams side - which I recommend. The Hacienda side has very nice rooms and even good views but the mosquitoes are really bad! I had my hair done with Trinidad- she did an amazing job! The Seaside grill is awesome for the ceremony- super romantic! ill post my review in the am. Oh and if you want to book spa treatments for your guests do it when you arrive. each day there is a sheet put in your room for the days events and spa tratments are like 40 % off in those! They will let you book treatments in bulk. Carlos the Manager is super nice.
Ah congrats Mrs.!!! Can't wait to see your review... and PICS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×