The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teesha View Post
Hi Ladies,

I'm just wondering about the cost of sound system rental and set-up. I sent Landy an email asking about the price as we are having everything on the beach (ceremony and reception). This is the email I sent and the one I received back:

Hi Landy,

Thank you for the quick response. I just need something clarified; are we required to pay $150+$240 ($390 total) for music equipment set up for the ceremony and the reception? Wouldnâ€t the music already be set up for the ceremony and can just be moved to the cocktail and reception location (our reception is on the beach)? Iâ€m just wondering what the extra cost is for?

Dear Teesha:

In relation with the equipment for ceremony this is just for play during the 30 minutes ceremony and is the service and the equipment rent it.

For rent the equipment for the 3 hours reception the price I give to you is not per hour it is for the reception event and the price is extra 240 usd, they would set it up and leave it ready for you play in the reception.

Doesn't this seem very expensive just for sound system set-uphuh.gif? We were planning on playing music off our iPod and don't want to pay almost $400. If anyone could help me clarify this, it would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Well as you ladies read in my review, I got the sound system free for the ceremony (5$ mandatory tip) and other brides mention spending 150$ for the sound system for the reception. So obviously they have increased the price a lot. It's too bad the price for the reception wasn't clear in the wedding guide (it just says 150$, without specifying if that is for the ceremony or reception, although the overall music heading says one 45 min set) because you could hold them to that price.

I would complain that other brides in 2008 were only charged 150$ for the reception and that it's not in the wedding guide. They need to improve their wedding guide and be more clear about prices for stuff. I understand for vendors the prices change, but this is not a vendor, it's equipment rental, and it's unfair to you guys to have these surprises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Thanks! Unfortunately, I do not remember the photographer's name- he just showed up at my room about 5 minutes before I was about to walk to the ceremony (I'm not sure if you can request a specific person before hand). I was so nervous at that point I don't even remember if he introduced himself. I think the 50 pics we ended up choosing are pretty decent...but just beware that the other 250 pics he took were horrible. As long as you don't mind only having 50 pics, it is a great way to save thousands of dollars! Good luck!
Great pictures! You make a very good point about only having 50 good ones. This might help explain why some people are very happy with what they got (because 50 good ones is enough to please them) whereas others are upset because most of the pictures are no good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzygirl85 View Post
Hi ladies,

I am hoping to use Claudia Rodriguez as my photographer. I know some of you have used her. Any reviews on her and her work would be appreciated. I just want to make sure that I am getting quality work from her. Also, how long did you book her for? I am thinking 5 hours (getting ready, ceremony, post-ceremony and part of the reception??).

Also, I am waiting to here back from Anabel or one of the other coordinators about finalizing my wedding date!! Hopefully I won't have to wait a month for a reply...lol
I was gonna book her before I found somebody to bring for approx the same cost, I personally love her work. Based on my experience with my photographer I would say 5 hours is enough to get lots of great photos. However if you want her to stay for lots of the reception than maybe you would need more time. But for getting ready, ceremony, and other couple/family/group shots 5 hours is enough.

Try calling the wedding coordinators rather than waiting for a response by email. It's such an important thing to wait so long for a response, and it would suck to find out your date was taken while you waited.

Hi Ladies

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe and prosperus New Year! You have all been a tremendous help this past year with planning a DW at Dreams Tulum, especially during the "tough" times! Here's to a fabulous 2009 with no more bumpy roads on the way to being a Mrs!

Hi everyone! My name is Muriel and I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you. I am planning my wedding (so far) at Dreams Tulum in November 2009. Thanks to everyone here I had so much information that my choice was made pretty easily and I look forward to talking with you all in the future. I know I'll have plenty of questions :)

Muriel

Hi Muriel! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your engagement! This forum and its ladies will become your bestest friends. The first few pages have the bulk of resort information but if you can't find anything, don't hesitate to ask.

From one Canuck to another, congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mur09 View Post
Hi everyone! My name is Muriel and I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you. I am planning my wedding (so far) at Dreams Tulum in November 2009. Thanks to everyone here I had so much information that my choice was made pretty easily and I look forward to talking with you all in the future. I know I'll have plenty of questions :)

Muriel

For those of you who haven't seen this yet (I must have been living under a rock when it was posted a few weeks ago) check out this thread for Niels' AMAZING wedding video. Seriously, this is 100x more amazing than any other wedding video I have seen (including my own, which I LOVE).

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t33812

If you have any comments, please post there rather than here just to keep things organized :)