Jump to content
SunBride

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Recommended Posts

OMG No way?!?! I was trying to keep my eye out for you!!! welcome home! cant wait to see your pics and review!!!

 

Were you on the bus from the airport with my aunt and uncle?!?! So random and funny! :) Congrats on becoming a Mrs!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Amy I have a quick question-how did you get all of your stuff down there? I just got my travel candles and they are heavy...I know someone mentioned something about customs-do they go through your bags? I was just thinking about packing an extra suitcase with all the crap I am bringing down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
Hey Amy I have a quick question-how did you get all of your stuff down there? I just got my travel candles and they are heavy...I know someone mentioned something about customs-do they go through your bags? I was just thinking about packing an extra suitcase with all the crap I am bringing down
Amy, I was wondering the same thing as Beth. Did you have any problems with your stuff? Did anything break? Did you carry on your dress? How many suitcases did you end up taking? Was there an additional charge?

Ashley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally checked 4 bags, gave one to my mother, one to my sister and two to my DH. I went to Marshall's and bought 3 HUGE duffel bags for 10 bucks each. Yes, they weren't the best quality but they helped get my stuff down there! And then I just stuffed them into another suitcase on the return. I received lots of gift before we left and saved all the bubble wrap so I used it to wrap my more delicate stuff. Everything went great, nothing broke and we got a green light at customs so it wasn't an issue at all. As for my dres, my mom and I sat in first class on the plane and i was able to lay my dress on an overhead compartment the flight attendant reserved just for me. I've heard others do the same so you shouldn't have a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
I personally checked 4 bags, gave one to my mother, one to my sister and two to my DH. I went to Marshall's and bought 3 HUGE duffel bags for 10 bucks each. Yes, they weren't the best quality but they helped get my stuff down there! And then I just stuffed them into another suitcase on the return. I received lots of gift before we left and saved all the bubble wrap so I used it to wrap my more delicate stuff. Everything went great, nothing broke and we got a green light at customs so it wasn't an issue at all. As for my dres, my mom and I sat in first class on the plane and i was able to lay my dress on an overhead compartment the flight attendant reserved just for me. I've heard others do the same so you shouldn't have a problem.
thanks Karla! I was wondering how I was going to do it and this sounds like a good plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
Hey Amy I have a quick question-how did you get all of your stuff down there? I just got my travel candles and they are heavy...I know someone mentioned something about customs-do they go through your bags? I was just thinking about packing an extra suitcase with all the crap I am bringing down
OMG you are already packinghuh.gif? I better get a move on it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashjanbro View Post
Amy, I was wondering the same thing as Beth. Did you have any problems with your stuff? Did anything break? Did you carry on your dress? How many suitcases did you end up taking? Was there an additional charge?

Ashley
Hi Ladies- I packed 4 huge suitcases. i weighed them at home beforehand to not exceed 50 lbs. and my FI and I each took one extra big bag (our airline internationally allowed 2 checked bags less than 50 lbs at no charge) and then I had two BMs each check 1 add'l bag for me. I checked their airlines as well and had the same policy. We made it through customs fine. My MOH got stopped and they questioned her. They asked for invoices on all of the stuff and she was able to talk her way out of it. So heads up that it's a possibility! Check your airline about international flight baggage policy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×