The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyBoerema View Post
it almost makes more sense to just pick the package, then, if they are going to make us choose from the silver or gold dinners anyway, then.

also - does anyone know what the $800 dance floor fee is for?? If i am getting one of the dreams of love package, but i also want dancing at my reception, do i have to pay for that?
OMG, I hope not! My understanding is that is you want an official dance floor you can rent it from them (much cheaper through DJ, by the way), but I plan on just using the sand as my dance floor to skip that expense altogether!

And I agree, I think it may be best just to go with the package at this point. I have a feeling that's the resort's goal, but I could be wrong.

Hi Ladies, I too received a similar response from Aurora regarding this issue of silver/gold menu vs. $20 menu. This is what I said to her: Is it possible to do the $20 option for food (restaurant menu), on top of the $750 private event fee if I am doing the free wedding package and want to have a private beach or poolside reception?

Her response to me:

Dear Krista:

We offer set menu only for the rehearsal dinner for $20 usd+tax+service but for the wedding reception dinner is required to get the Silver or Golden Menu in order to get outside location. (you can see the menus in the Wedding Guide)

This is the policy in the Wedding Guide 2010.

SOooooooo....it looks like this is the case now (for 2010 that is). But I'm confused because she said for outdoor location, so does that mean if we have the reception in the ballroom, we can have $20 menu? I think she must just be meaning if you want a private reception (not a restaurant reception). So, I don't think the $20 menu option is even an option anymore for wedding reception (only available for a rehearsal dinner).

So, at that price, you may as well just get the love or ultimate package because you are already paying over $1000 for food, plus you have to pay the $750 fee on top of that (if you are doing the free wedding that is), so you are already up to $1850....bogus....

This is very frustrating to say the least! Especially cause I asked her about this back in October and she didn't respond. I've been planning my budget on using the free package and adding on what I wanted and paying the $20 per person plus $750 for private reception, and now I am pretty much forced to do a higher package because it's pretty much the same price with doing $55 per person plus $750 fee....brutal...

OK now I'm even more confused. What is going on??

I asked Aurora about this yesterday (I asked her about the free package and paying for the $750 private reception fee and then $20 per person for ordering off Seaside Grill menu) and she got back to me today and she said:

"If you get the Wedding In Paradise is necessary to pay $750 usd+tax for private event and $35 usd+tax+service for set menu Seaside Grill subject availability and is possible to get it if you have 40 or more people.

Remember that this package includes only the basic and you have to pay additional fee for the canopy, cocktail hour, pictures etc."

So does this mean Seaside Grll is only available if I have more than 40 people? This is the first time I'm hearing anything about $35......

But yes, it definitely sounds like they just want me to get the package.

ON the other hand, it is awesome that it sounds like i don't have to pay for the $800 dance floor fee.

I had asked Aurora the same question about getting the $20pp set menu with my ultimate package because honestly the set menu is similar to the gold dinner we will be having but has the tres leche cake which the gold menu doesn't offer and I really wanted that. I was very annoyed at the response I had gotten which others of you have recently gotten as well. If they want us to pay a ridiculous amount for food we should be able to make our own menu. I will keep fighting for the $20pp set menu though and see what happens. Much closer to my date I will ask about switching to the free package and paying the event fee and trying to get the cheaper meal costs with the better dessert!

OMG, this is all confusing me with the extras!!! We are getting the Ultimate package and possibly another 20-30 more people at $65pp- OUCH!!

Are you saying that with the Ultimate package we CAN'T get the tres leches cake as our wedding cake that we cut??! Oh, and now they have lounge furniture...does this mean they don't work with EW Cancun as an outside vendor anymorehuh.gif? I am sooo confused!!!

I was getting all stressed and talking to my fiance and he was all like," just relax, don't worry about it. There is no need to stress when we don't have a confirmed amount of people yet. The OOT bag contents and reception, ceremony stuff- vases, ribbon, real touch flowers, etc, can all be bought from stores locally then we can ship it to Tulum. Just relax". Am I overreacting?!!! Maybe I should listen to him?!? HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk5576 View Post
OMG, this is all confusing me with the extras!!! We are getting the Ultimate package and possibly another 20-30 more people at $65pp- OUCH!!
Are you saying that with the Ultimate package we CAN'T get the tres leches cake as our wedding cake that we cut??! Oh, and now they have lounge furniture...does this mean they don't work with EW Cancun as an outside vendor anymorehuh.gif? I am sooo confused!!!
I was getting all stressed and talking to my fiance and he was all like," just relax, don't worry about it. There is no need to stress when we don't have a confirmed amount of people yet. The OOT bag contents and reception, ceremony stuff- vases, ribbon, real touch flowers, etc, can all be bought from stores locally then we can ship it to Tulum. Just relax". Am I overreacting?!!! Maybe I should listen to him?!? HELP!!!
I think we're all freaking out a bit, but it will probably all work out fine. The scary thing is with the Ultimate package (which I'm getting too) you have to account for the cocktail hour as well. This package is for 20 people only for everything, including cocktail hour, dinner, cake and sparkling wine. Each extra person will cost you $112.50 with taxes and service fees. That is brutal!! I'm thinking about cutting out extra cake and cocktail hour completely if I have too many people RSVP. I hate to do that being how 20 people are included already, but $112 per person is so much money. I agree though, that there is no need to panic until you get your final guest count.
Lounge furniture?? I don't know anything about that. What's going on there?

Wow, I got the same response when I asked about the outside reception. She didn't even mention the $750 set up cost. She's already sent me an email to inquire what menu choice I'm going with but I'm just going to decided when I get down there. Both sets of parents are coming with us to decide on the details. At first I was oh my gosh, but now I'm happy. Perhaps they will have better luck in trying to get a deal that I would have with my FI. Wish me luck, I'll report back when I return.

Wow butterflyf369 I am super nervous about this dinner option because we don't have that kind of money for 65 extra a person and i am getting married 5 days after you. We are not bringing the extra money down with us because I am counting on the 20 dollar a person menu. It is just over 2 weeks away and I am still having people get tickets and all I keep thinking is $$$$

I hope we are all just looking into this a bit much. HOPE.

I have a travel agent who is following up with the $20 menu for me I am also emailing the resort to see if I will get the same response as the TA will receive on the menu.

If this isnt happen ($20 menu) I also do not want to spend the extra money on additional pp 112 is alot to spend pp. Has anyone thought of having a dinner in one of the restaurants than having a private event for 3 hours? I know it takes away from the reception but it has crossed my mind? Anyone else having the same feelings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri View Post
Is Mexican Fiesta on the beach or around a pool area? Thanks for your input!
When we were there, it was next to El Patio... which is pretty out of the way, and it seemed like sound was contained pretty well. You'll have to look at a map, it's hard to explain it's location... sorry :)