The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevesta View Post
Hi Leslie,

I got married in November at 2 pm. I wanted the 4 o'clock spot, but it was taken; then when I asked about the time slot again, it turned out the 4 pm couple canceled, but we still couldn't have that slot because it was "too late" [rolls eyes]. This is, by the way, why I still haven't written my review: there were so many things I was not happy with that I'm afraid the whole review will be just that, listing the problems. One thing I've learned: be more assertive and demanding if you want to get what you want. I was too laid back a bride, and ended up being frustrated at the wedding because things did not go smoothly the whole time.

Anyway, on to the useful information: 4 pm would definitely be better. First of all, at 2 pm the sun was too harsh for the pictures, plus it had everyone squinting. Second, it was TOO HOT!! My groom and his two groomsmen were sweating like crazy, and all I could think of while standing there during the ceremony, staring at their white cotton shirts covered in sweat stains, was that I should have made the hotel find a way to give us that 4 pm slot (that was available anyway!). The chairs were arranged, as usual, on both sides of the isle, and most of my guests moved from one side to the other, sharing chairs or standing, to try to hide in whatever little shade the gazebo offered. Our nanny brought a huge hotel umbrella to protect herself and the baby from the sun, and now that umbrella makes a prominent appearance in many of our ceremony photos. I should have bought parasols; those would have looked much nicer and actually neat. In fact, I was erring on the side of simplicity - I did not want to bring too much stuff or insist on too many details, but it was a mistake.

Nevesta,

I think you were better off with the 2pm in my opinion. I orginally wanted the 4pm slot too but in the winter time it gets dark to quickly! I was married at 3 and that was perfect. I might have even preferred 2pm because the light goes down so early in November/December.

I am so excited thank all of you for all your help. I am getting married on the 26th of January and I have sooo much to do! All the weddings I have seen they are beatiful and I really really hope that mine is that nice. But my goodness i must say you brides are very crafty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
Hi Everyone!!! Just got back from the wedding and it was great!!! I plan to do a review but need a night of doing nothing!!! It was wonderful----Dreams Tulum was spectacular!!!!!
Hey angruck!! I'm so glad to hear your wedding was great! I have read a lot of your posts, they have helped a lot so far =) I'm happy to hear you say to trust the coordinators, that gives me a little peace of mind.

Also- Sunbride... thanks for everything, this site has helped me so much- actual wedding ideas, inspiration, and a little equanimity when it comes to my nervousness ;-).

hi all-! I'm 5 months away from our May wedding at Dreams! My fiance is a musician in a band, and all his bandmates are coming to the wedding. They want to play for the rest of our guests the night before the wedding, and will travel with their guitars, but we need to rent some other equipment (guitar amps, drum kit, microphones, etc). I've asked Anabel for a quote, but haven't heard back yet- did anyone investigate sound/music equipment rentals not thru the hotel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM2Mexico View Post
hi all-! I'm 5 months away from our May wedding at Dreams! My fiance is a musician in a band, and all his bandmates are coming to the wedding. They want to play for the rest of our guests the night before the wedding, and will travel with their guitars, but we need to rent some other equipment (guitar amps, drum kit, microphones, etc). I've asked Anabel for a quote, but haven't heard back yet- did anyone investigate sound/music equipment rentals not thru the hotel?
Hi MnM2Mexico! I am getting married the Friday after your wedding! How exciting, maybe we will see each other there (I am flying in on 5/16). Anyway, we are flying someone down to take care of the music for us, so let me ask my fiance what he is doing exactly. (the music/first dance, his attire and honeymoon are all a surprise to me, these things are in his hands!) So I'll get back to you as soon as I hear anything... ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccrary View Post
Does any one have any suggestions for a wedding in October at 2pm? We wanted a later time but most of them seem to be taken. We can pick a different date to accommodate a 4pm wedding but I don't know if it would be better to just do it at 2pm. Suggestions?
I wanted our 10/09 wedding to be at 4pm, but only the 2pm was available. After reading these posts I think the 2pm is best because it give you plenty of time if anything is running late and you have time to take your pictures at sunset. We are going to have a cocktail hour and reception following, but I'm sure it will be perfect timing because people will mingle. Also, that way guests can go freshen up before dinner (after the cocktail party) if they want.