The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisgirl View Post
Thanks, vlynnw for the pointers to these pictures on pg260! Very helpful! =)

I'm still deciding where to have the reception...dolphin pool, relax/adult pool or beach? What is the lighting like in the different locations? Do I have to rent light columns or put up lanterns (I'm trying to save some money)? I worry that they might be too dark to dance or for photos...

Thanks for the help, girls!!!
Hi Oasis girl, I think the lighting is better at the dolphin pool because they have big floodlight things, and the pool is lit up, the relax pool doesn't have lights inside (not that I know of anyways, I might be wrong), but they can setup lights (however, they are a little harsh because they are so bright - not great for photos). I haven't decided between poolside or beach side, but either way, I'm planning to have lots of candles so hopefully that will help. On the beach, I'm pretty sure they have lights that they put up, as well as string lights around the palm trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWonderland View Post
Hi girls! Thanks for your input for the music and such...not worried anymore :)
I finally got a reply from Landy and she says that I can choose between 2 or 4 pm in November. The sun sets at 5, and I was hoping for a 3pm slot, but apparently those don't exist. But 2 seems a little early (hot?). What time do you think is best? We definitely want photos after the ceremony before the sun goes down but also don't want a 4 hour gap between the ceremony and reception. Dinner starts at 6 right? A 4 hour cocktail hour is just insane...
Leslie
Hi Leslie,

I got married in November at 2 pm. I wanted the 4 o'clock spot, but it was taken; then when I asked about the time slot again, it turned out the 4 pm couple canceled, but we still couldn't have that slot because it was "too late" [rolls eyes]. This is, by the way, why I still haven't written my review: there were so many things I was not happy with that I'm afraid the whole review will be just that, listing the problems. One thing I've learned: be more assertive and demanding if you want to get what you want. I was too laid back a bride, and ended up being frustrated at the wedding because things did not go smoothly the whole time.

Anyway, on to the useful information: 4 pm would definitely be better. First of all, at 2 pm the sun was too harsh for the pictures, plus it had everyone squinting. Second, it was TOO HOT!! My groom and his two groomsmen were sweating like crazy, and all I could think of while standing there during the ceremony, staring at their white cotton shirts covered in sweat stains, was that I should have made the hotel find a way to give us that 4 pm slot (that was available anyway!). The chairs were arranged, as usual, on both sides of the isle, and most of my guests moved from one side to the other, sharing chairs or standing, to try to hide in whatever little shade the gazebo offered. Our nanny brought a huge hotel umbrella to protect herself and the baby from the sun, and now that umbrella makes a prominent appearance in many of our ceremony photos. I should have bought parasols; those would have looked much nicer and actually neat. In fact, I was erring on the side of simplicity - I did not want to bring too much stuff or insist on too many details, but it was a mistake.

OceanWonderland - I just got married on December 4 at 3pm and it was fantastic! The couple that got married after us at 4pm still had great pictures that I saw in the photoshop. Our pictures turned out great as well. The resort photographer that we had took fantastic pictures. It was so hard to narrow them down! Anytime of day except the evening is hot in Mexico. I had fans for my guests for the ceremony and they did fine, plus the fans were easy to pack and inexpensive. No one once complained about the heat - that's why we all went down there, to get away from the snow! :) Anabel pretty much took care of everything for my wedding. I just showed her some pictures of previous dreams tulum weddings that I liked and then let her run with it. I couldn't have planned it better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisgirl View Post
Thanks, vlynnw for the pointers to these pictures on pg260! Very helpful! =)

I'm still deciding where to have the reception...dolphin pool, relax/adult pool or beach? What is the lighting like in the different locations? Do I have to rent light columns or put up lanterns (I'm trying to save some money)? I worry that they might be too dark to dance or for photos...

Thanks for the help, girls!!!
I had my reception in the ballroom and it was nice. The receptions that I saw while I was there (2 weeks worth) most seemed to be at the dolphin pool. If you don't bring your own lighting it seemed to be quite dark though the dolphin pool has more lighting. The relaxation pool reception had a large flood light so people could see. The relaxation pool is also close to the patio which has nightly entertainment there. It's not as isolated as the dolphin pool. I didn't get a chance to observe much of the beach receptions. But it can get quite windy some nights. Hope this helps!

We finally finished our review! If we didn't do the review soon after coming home, we both knew that it would never have been completed. The forum helped us so much that we wanted to let others know how it went for us. Any questions, feel free to ask! We had a fabulous time at Dreams Tulum!

Review:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...9/#post1101492

Pictures:

Dreams Tulum Wedding pictures by gimliori - Photobucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimliori View Post
We finally finished our review! If we didn't do the review soon after coming home, we both knew that it would never have been completed. The forum helped us so much that we wanted to let others know how it went for us. Any questions, feel free to ask! We had a fabulous time at Dreams Tulum!

Review:

Pictures:
gimliori, thanks so much for posting your review. your wedding photos are so lovely! Could you answer a question about about the itinerary of your wedding day? Our ceremony will also be at 3pm and I'm wondering what time the cocktail hour and reception started for you, so I know what to expect.

Quote:

Review:

Pictures:
Great review! Thanks for posting! And your pictures are beautiful! I'm glad to see that the resort photographer does such a wonderful job! :) Have a wonderful holiday season as newly weds!

Quote:

Review:

Pictures:
Great review. Thanks for sharing! :)