The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
Hi ladies,

I leave tomorrow morning for my wedding on Saturday!!! Wish me luck! I will come back armed with good tips and information.
yay so exciting, I hope you have a wonderful time and can't wait to hear all about it and see some pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisgirl View Post
Hi, can you please show me some photo gallery links to Reception at the Relax Pool from past weddings? I tried the search function on the forum but came up 10+ pages of unrelated results! Thanks!

Still learning to master the search function...
if you go to the beginning of this thread there are some pictures there as well as I believe it's around page 250-255 sunbride put in some new pictures there as well of different locations that past brides have used and it has the set-ups.

Hi ya'll! I had posted an introduction on the Newbies forum but not here!

I am Dannah and our Dreams Tulum wedding date is 04/19/2010. We are getting married in the chapel & Aurora is our planner (so I have found out today). Anyone with experience having had their wedding at noon or in the chapel? I can't wait to get to know all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannah View Post
I am Dannah and our Dreams Tulum wedding date is 04/19/2010. We are getting married in the chapel & Aurora is our planner (so I have found out today). Anyone with experience having had their wedding at noon or in the chapel? I can't wait to get to know all of you!
Hi Dannah!

I'm in the same boat as you - getting married in the chapel, with Aurora as my planner. Though I'm getting married Dec. 4, 2010.

I've heard the chapel can get quite hot in the summer months, as there is no AC - not sure what the weather's like in April. And it can't fit that many people. There's seating for 20; (10 on each side) and anyone over that will have to stand in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannah View Post
Welcome!!! I'm getting married on the 24th!

The chapel is beautiful but as someone posted earlier it is small and has no AC. I went to DT a few years back during the first week of May and it is quite hot during the day but it cooled off a bit at night. Happy planning!

Hi girls! Thanks for your input for the music and such...not worried anymore :)

I finally got a reply from Landy and she says that I can choose between 2 or 4 pm in November. The sun sets at 5, and I was hoping for a 3pm slot, but apparently those don't exist. But 2 seems a little early (hot?). What time do you think is best? We definitely want photos after the ceremony before the sun goes down but also don't want a 4 hour gap between the ceremony and reception. Dinner starts at 6 right? A 4 hour cocktail hour is just insane...

Leslie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWonderland View Post
Hi girls! Thanks for your input for the music and such...not worried anymore :)
I finally got a reply from Landy and she says that I can choose between 2 or 4 pm in November. The sun sets at 5, and I was hoping for a 3pm slot, but apparently those don't exist. But 2 seems a little early (hot?). What time do you think is best? We definitely want photos after the ceremony before the sun goes down but also don't want a 4 hour gap between the ceremony and reception. Dinner starts at 6 right? A 4 hour cocktail hour is just insane...
Leslie
well if you don't want to do photos before the ceremony, then you pretty much have no choice but the 2pm time slot. Once the ceremony is done and you do a toast on the beach and a few group pics and everyone congratulates you it will be 3pm. Give your guests free time for an hour or so, and start the cocktail hour at 4 or 4:30pm. By then you will be done photos and you can actually spend cocktail hour with your guests (many couples are too busy with photos to get to be part of their cocktail hour at all, at least you won't have that problem).

I had heard that the chapel could be quite hot. Our ceremony is at noon so it won’t have had a chance to really bake just yet.I just spoke with Aurora and got some very useful information I hadn't seen anywhere else. We originally had wanted the 3pm slot in the chapel, but by the time we booked it had been taken, leaving only noon on April 19th. Initially we decided that this wouldn't be a big deal & we would simply meet in after in one of the bars or perhaps do a cocktail hour afterwards. After thinking about it further I decided I did want to have a reception with music, a first dance. Those are things I didn't want to lose out on!

Aurora just told me that the only time available is noon unless they have a cancellation. Which means we will have to print our invitations with that time and should there be a cancellation when we arrive, notify the guests of the change once they arrive. Now...on to the interesting part. When asking her about reception options Aurora told me that in order to reserve Seaside Grill or El Patio, even if you pay the $750 private event fee, you MUST have 45 or more guests for it to be closed to the other resort guests. Has anyone heard this before? I hadn't seen that. In fact I am pretty certain that I have seen Brides on here with parties of 20 able to reserve them.

She did confirm that having a reception on the beach, poolside, or lobby terrace would not include the $750 private event fee but that you do have to have the silver or gold menu served ($55-$65 pp depending).

She also told me that we could have a cocktail hour immediately following the ceremony...or it would have to be 5-6.

For Brides that are getting married at noon at Dreams Tulum she said there is a lunch option but I didn't inquire further as that really isn't what I want.

The reception cannot begin before 6.

Noon is probably the best option as far as tempature....the hottest part of the day is 2-4 (or at least the most sweltering!).

So what I am thinking we will do is have ceremony at noon, then have everyone meet at one of the bars immediately following (any suggestions?)

After some mingling Ron & I will go to take our pictures while our guests have a late lunch, relax by the pool, or enjoy a few hours of rest. At about 5 pm we will begin a casual cocktail hour, followed by a private reception on the beach with Dinner & Dancing. I had decided on two dresses anyway…my bridal gown and a short white party dress…so this gives me an excellent excuse for it :)

Thanks, vlynnw for the pointers to these pictures on pg260! Very helpful! =)

I'm still deciding where to have the reception...dolphin pool, relax/adult pool or beach? What is the lighting like in the different locations? Do I have to rent light columns or put up lanterns (I'm trying to save some money)? I worry that they might be too dark to dance or for photos...

Thanks for the help, girls!!!