The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

congrats on being a tulum bride!!!

Tisha i would take money out of the flowers also. Also, are you paying for a DJ through dreams tulum? If so, it is much cheaper to get someone like DJ Mannia or an outside vendor. I found that out when I was looking at overall costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisha316 View Post
Girls...i need some help!! We are planning our reception and we are going to have 42 guests estimated at this time. We can't afford to pay the extra $55-65 per extra person above 20 and were wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what we can do to eliminate costs!!?? smile03.gif We might want to include that in some of our reception entertainment...any suggestions, thoughts or rebuttles?
Thanks ladies...this has been so helpful!!
If I were you, I would cut back by going with the regular restaurant menu, rather than the silver or gold menu, that way you only pay 20$ per guest.

If you need to cut down more than that, you could have your reception in the buffet restaurant. A few brides have done that and have been happy with the results.

Another suggestion would be to not have a cocktail hour (if you are having one). Just tell all your guests to meet you at one of the bars and take advantage of the all-inclusive benefits of the resort. It's pretty much the same thing except that you won't have servers just for your group.

Hi everyone. DT is letting me have 2 entrees at my reception as long as I give them a head count of each before hand. Now I know that some past brides have also been allowed to do this as well. I am just wondering, how do the waiters know which guest gets what entreehuh.gif Can any past brides let me know how this was handled? Thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacelb View Post
WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA!!! I didn't realize you could do that.
Yep, check out page 1 of the thread, it's all explained under the reception section.

Not a lot of people go with this option, because they want the fancy 5 course meal (especially if 20 people are free and they only have to pay for a few extra people). So that's why people don't talk about it much on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzygirl85 View Post
Hi everyone. DT is letting me have 2 entrees at my reception as long as I give them a head count of each before hand. Now I know that some past brides have also been allowed to do this as well. I am just wondering, how do the waiters know which guest gets what entreehuh.gif Can any past brides let me know how this was handled? Thanks :)
Hi Joanna I actually have three entrees-- two from the list and a vegetable lasagna for the vegetarians. I am just going to play it by year and given them a list when i arrive and we have place cards that they can see the table list with the food. I think they can handle it.

I've been digging through this thread for weeks now (thank you everyone for such a wealth of information!!!) but I think I still have some questions. Time is running out, and I still have so many things undecided, so I have to rely on your mercy ladies.

My question is: what time does the evening entertainment start? Our reception begins at 6:30 pm (it's a small party, around 10 people), I expect we'll take an hour and a half or so to eat, and what do we do then? Can we all go watch watever is offered? What time does the disco start? Our crowd is mostly people in their 30s and 40s, so I don't expect much wild partying, but on the other hand, vacation, wedding, unlimited drinks, who knows?

Anyway, I'm trying to get an idea what normally happens after the reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevesta View Post
I've been digging through this thread for weeks now (thank you everyone for such a wealth of information!!!) but I think I still have some questions. Time is running out, and I still have so many things undecided, so I have to rely on your mercy ladies.

My question is: what time does the evening entertainment start? Our reception begins at 6:30 pm (it's a small party, around 10 people), I expect we'll take an hour and a half or so to eat, and what do we do then? Can we all go watch watever is offered? What time does the disco start? Our crowd is mostly people in their 30s and 40s, so I don't expect much wild partying, but on the other hand, vacation, wedding, unlimited drinks, who knows?

Anyway, I'm trying to get an idea what normally happens after the reception.
We had 6 people at the wedding and after we were done eating we went to the bar and continued to enjoy ourselves. The night of my wedding they also had fire dancers performing. We didnt make it to the disco but definitely had a ton of drinks by the bar!