The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Hi Ladies :) I am excited to share that our date (June 28, 2010) and time (6pm) are booked! Now the real planning begins, though from reading this forum it seems like there isn't too too much i can do before i get there? The advice i keep reading over and over is to not stress out b/c when you get there everything falls into place. As much as i'd like to follow that advice, i'm not so good with the wait it out and it will fall into place stuff hahaha.

I have a question to those brides that did (or are planning on doing) their reception on the beach: is it usually in the same stop as your ceremony (so are they breaking down the ceremony set up and putting up reception stuff during your cocktail hour?) And if you had a DJ, did you put down a dance floor on the beach? If so, how expensive is that? I can't imagine dancing in the sand so it may make sense to put down the dance floor but i don't want to break the bank either! Did many of you hire the DJ from the resorthuh.gif?

Thanks in advance!! Mil Besos :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinicalgal View Post
I have a question to those brides that did (or are planning on doing) their reception on the beach: is it usually in the same stop as your ceremony (so are they breaking down the ceremony set up and putting up reception stuff during your cocktail hour?) And if you had a DJ, did you put down a dance floor on the beach? If so, how expensive is that? I can't imagine dancing in the sand so it may make sense to put down the dance floor but i don't want to break the bank either! Did many of you hire the DJ from the resorthuh.gif?
The beach receptions are closer to the middle of the beach then the 2 beach gazebos, so the reception will not be set up at the exact same spot, it will be either next to it or even a bit farther than that down the beach.

If you read all the reviews, you will find that many brides have hired DJ Mannia and were super happy, but I think that most of the people who used the resort DJ were happy too. You can rent the floor through the resort or through the DJ. I think you are looking at something like 500-1000$ depending on who you use or the size of the floor. Many brides don't bother and say it worked out well to dance in the sand. It's up to you!

Quote:
The beach receptions are closer to the middle of the beach then the 2 beach gazebos, so the reception will not be set up at the exact same spot, it will be either next to it or even a bit farther than that down the beach.

If you read all the reviews, you will find that many brides have hired DJ Mannia and were super happy, but I think that most of the people who used the resort DJ were happy too. You can rent the floor through the resort or through the DJ. I think you are looking at something like 500-1000$ depending on who you use or the size of the floor. Many brides don't bother and say it worked out well to dance in the sand. It's up to you!

Quote:
Hi Ladies :) I am excited to share that our date (June 28, 2010) and time (6pm) are booked! Now the real planning begins, though from reading this forum it seems like there isn't too too much i can do before i get there? The advice i keep reading over and over is to not stress out b/c when you get there everything falls into place. As much as i'd like to follow that advice, i'm not so good with the wait it out and it will fall into place stuff hahaha.

Thanks in advance!! Mil Besos :)

They setup our beach reception pretty close to the ceremony site....it was located behind it and a little to the right. They didn't really break down the ceremony site...they already had the reception tables setup so all they had to do was move the chairs from the ceremony site to the reception tables. They had separate chairs setup for the cocktail hour so the guests always had a place to sit but most of them stood and mingled.

As far as the music and dance floor...we just used our IPod and thought it worked out great. We just shuffled the songs and turned it off for speeches and toasts. We skipped the dance floor too. It's not that easy to dance in the sand but it was fun! Everyone already had their shoes off so it wasn't a big deal. We didn't have a ton of people dancing though...if that's important to you then it might not be a bad idea to rent the dance floor. I can't remember the exact amount but I think it's in the $600-800 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyc View Post
Hi ladies! I've posted my review...

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t46526

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'll be posting pics soon! :)
Thanks so much for posting your review! Congratulations!

Do they have the same nightly entertainment schedule all year long? What night did the Carribean Night Party fall? Do they post this schedule somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolosmama View Post
Thanks so much for posting your review! Congratulations!

Do they have the same nightly entertainment schedule all year long? What night did the Carribean Night Party fall? Do they post this schedule somewhere?
They have Mexican Fiesta nights on Tuesdays and the Caribbean Night party is always on Friday night. The other activities and entertainment vary from day to day. Every night they would do a turn down service and leave the schedule of events for the next day on the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyc View Post
They have Mexican Fiesta nights on Tuesdays and the Caribbean Night party is always on Friday night. The other activities and entertainment vary from day to day. Every night they would do a turn down service and leave the schedule of events for the next day on the bed.
Cool, thank you! Hopefully something fun will be happening on the night before my wedding!