The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmsuzanne View Post
Thanks! That means so much to me ... the weather has been "better" so I'm doing much better too.

Yesterday I was in the spa booking some things and I saw (and briefly met) Chantel and she looked absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited and happy for her ... Ken and I walked out of the spa and within a minute it started pouring again. My emotions are on such a rollercoaster ride I can't stand it. I believe it stopped in time for her ceremony so I hope it was wonderful for her.

I am usually pretty calm and Ken is the high strung one and I have just been so up and down I can't stand it! I've been drinking like crazy to deal with it and that definitely helps LOL

I am up and getting everything ready for my big day and I'll just be praying about the weather. Girls' hair at 11:00 and mine at 12:00 then get ready and keep praying.

Landy is awesome! She's been very nice (as have all of the WCs I've managed to introduce myself to) and seems very organized. She wants me to decide if I'd like my outdoor choice (dolphin pool) or my inside backup plan - by 3:00 ... that is so difficult because the weather can change hourly here. If I go with outdoor and we get rained out she said we will just have dinner in a restaurant without any decor. If I take the indoor choice (SSG - covered) ... no music. *sigh* We'll see what happens *huGs* Suzanne

P.S. Also met Rebecca and George and we will be using their chineese lanterns tonight - soooooo nice of them - I can't believe it! Their reception was on the beach and it looked so pretty. They had 4 towers with colored lights in them that they used to string the lanterns ... some ladies I met said it was so pretty they thought it was a "beach bar" and they went over looking for a drink LOL. It is a comfort to me to see/meet other gals from the forum wink.gif
I was just wondering if there is never music allowed in the Seaside grill or if this was because it was a second choice. Could you let me know as we are looking to use the seaside grill and we want to definitely have a reception with music.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradise wedding 09 View Post
I was just wondering if there is never music allowed in the Seaside grill or if this was because it was a second choice. Could you let me know as we are looking to use the seaside grill and we want to definitely have a reception with music.

Thanks
You can have music at the SSG if you have the entire restaurant to yourselves. If you're a small group with a table set up there then no music. *SmiLes* Suzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
Suzanne we are all curiously awaiting news of how it went! Hope the rain held out and that if not your alternate location was beautiful
Hi SunBride (and all you wonderful women) ... We are home (flight delayed - which was a great thing but I'm so tired LOL).

I have awesome news to report! We had absolutely amazing weather for our ceremony and our dinner. All that "crying for nothing" LOL

We were married on the beach near Seaside Grill and had our dinner at the Dolphin Pool and I just couldn't be happier.

Landy was just amazing to me (as was everyone there!) and she just made all of my dreams come true.

I want to thank everyone on this forum ... I honestly couldn't (or wouldn't) have done this without all of you.

I will start writing my review this weekend and get some photos put up too.

If anyone has any questions please let me know and I'll be happy to answer for you. *huGs* Suzanne

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonna14 View Post
Yes, it was by the dolphin pool....worked out perfectly!!!! I would definetely recommend it especially because the beach is rite behind you and the way the pool lites up at nite, it's amazing!!!
Lonna-- Did you bring all your table linens (i.e. the chair sashes and black table covers) with you or did you rent them from the resort? How much were they/where did you get them if you don't mind me asking? THey look amazing! I love you pics btw :)

Hey Suzanne, I'm so happy to hear the weather held out for you, I was keeping my fingers crossed for ya!! You were such a beautiful and happy bride...

I love how the chinese lanterns look strung up like that, how did u do that and how many lanterns did you use? And whats that big glowing blue column?

PS can't wait for more pics and of course the review!

Hi Ladies, we just got back last night after a GLORIOUS 5 days at Zoetry Paraisio de La Bonita for our honeymoon... such a good idea to change resorts for a change of pace!! Everything at Dreams Tulum was AMAZING. Landy, as all previous brides have said, was truly a "dream", even during the rough moments the day of the wedding. I plan on writing a full review, however I leave tomorrow for a 12 day expedition with Earthwatch to study coastal ecology in the Bahamas... I know, rough life, eh? I will say one thing though, and I am sure that Starlitk will echo this - there were THREE weddings on June 27, and despite the fact that I was told over a year ago that that was a possibility, I was also told there would be one at 12, one at 3, and one at 6. This was NOT the case and the beach looked more like a wedding factory than anything else as they tried to cram in all those evening ceremonies with three different color schemes and three different canopy decorations. Not to mention the fact all three brides were then on the beach doing photos at the same time. Is it a huge deal? No, but its not exactly the feeling that was "advertised" to me - they specifically said that you wouldn't feel like there were brides taking over the resort, but clearly this was not the case. Again, I can't say enough how wonderful everything was, just one small issue and something to think about for those brides still in the planning phase!

I will say one thing though' date=' and I am sure that Starlitk will echo this - there were THREE weddings on June 27, and despite the fact that I was told over a year ago that that was a possibility, I was also told there would be one at 12, one at 3, and one at 6. This was NOT the case and the beach looked more like a wedding factory than anything else as they tried to cram in all those evening ceremonies with three different color schemes and three different canopy decorations. Not to mention the fact all three brides were then on the beach doing photos at the same time. Is it a huge deal? No, but its not exactly the feeling that was "advertised" to me - they specifically said that you wouldn't feel like there were brides taking over the resort, but clearly this was not the case. QUOTE']

Hi everyone! I'm back, too. I plan on writing my full-length review, but I did have to just echo Mixie here... this place is a wedding factory, and it feels like it when you're there. There were three weddings on our day as well as MANY other days while we were there. And, the resort is NOT big enough for it, so you will constantly see other brides while you are there (even on your wedding day). I also believed that the volume truly affected every aspect of our wedding. For instance:

- In the spa - I wasn't that pleased with my makeup, but seconds after I got up to look at it in natural light, she was already working on someone else's bridesmaid's hair and seemed kind of annoyed that she had to stop and fix mine. Finally, I left without loving my makeup b/c I felt like I was out of time.

- When we were picking out locations for our cocktail hour and reception, we were basically given NO options b/c other brides already had things reserved and they had refused to give us the SSG. I didn't think this would happen b/c I thought there was only one other wedding on Saturday. Then, when I asked about rain locations for all three weddings, they told me not to worry about it. Well, needless to say, when it started raining on my reception Saturday night, I was slightly annoyed that I had been given one option (other than the convention center, which I refused to get married in), and that they REFUSED to close the SSG for us, even though we had the largest wedding that day (44 people) - and might I add - the largest wedding I saw the entire 10 days that I spent there.

- I think Anabel got our wedding confused with other weddings. For instance, we were supposed to have the mariachi band, but instead ended up with the Caribbean trio for our cocktail hour. When I told her that it was wrong, she just seemed totally confused.

- Weeks before our wedding, when we asked about the script for the symbolic ceremony, we had been told (by Aurora, I think) to contact Kiko Flores, our scheduled minister. We emailed him, he advised us to write our own ceremony if we did not want it to be very religious. We wrote something we were totally excited about, we emailed it to him, and he said he thought it was "beautiful" and "would honor it exactly as it was". So, you can imagine our surprise (and the priceless looks on our faces captured forever in our video and pictures) when the minister we did have (who knows who he was) started praying and reading from the bible, delivering his own VERY religious ceremony. Maybe this would have still happened if there were fewer weddings per day, maybe not. Either way, we were not given the minister we were told about, and it is clearly another instance of the poor communication between wedding coordinators and them struggling with this volume overall.

Granted, these are just the negative things about the day, but overall, I did LOVE my wedding. I was so deliriously happy to be marrying my wonderful husband amongst our amazing friends and family that we ended up laughing about this stuff all day and I truly did have an amazing time (even in the rain). However, a LOT of things did go wrong, and to be honest, if I could do it over, I would probably not pick Dreams Tulum again. That day, nothing bothered me, but the more I think about everything we went through with the resort, the way we were treated as if our wedding wasn't important (despite bringing a LOT of money to the resort) from Day 1, I realize the details did matter to me, and I would have liked at least a few less things to go wrong on our actual day. :)

Wow, this is the first time I'm hearing both girls say that Dreams felt like a wedding factory, and by your descriptions it does seem so!

Starlitk, I feel really bad that you guys didn't get the minister that you talked to, that would be a HUGE deal to me, I feel like the ceremony is the most important part of the wedding and I have been looking forward to customizing mine to be special to us, and also not religious at all!

It seems like lately they have been making more and more mistakes and beginning to charge more and more money for things that they never did. Seems like now that they are popular they don't really pay attention to the small stuff and don't cater to your needs as much as they used to, and I'm sure that the volume of weddings they have has something to do with this but I still think its wrong! I'm sorry about venting but with every review this place seems to get worse, and with every question I ask Natalia she tells me that more and more money is needed for the small stuff that they never charged for before!

I'm at a point where I might look into doing the wedding someplace else, unfortunately I know its highly unlikely because our wedding is only 3 months away!

I'm actually a bit worried myself now after reading these reviews. My wedding is not till January and I've not made any attempts to contact the hotel as of yet (waiting till closer to the date). Hopefully it's a seasonal thing. Thanks ladies for your reviews, definitely given me something to look out for when I'm at the hotel.