The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ida View Post
Can i just vent and say that I am very frustrated with planning this destination wedding?? I'm so mad that they keep changing the prices on me! First of all I thought it was only $6usd each to rent Tiffany chairs and then Anabel quoted me $12usd each. And now after I just emailed to confirm everything she's quoting $18usd each for the Tiffany chairs!!! WTF? censored.gifHow does it go from $6 to $12 to $18! I'm soooo mad! I emailed her back and told her that she already quoted $12 for me and that I don't appreciate her giving me this new price out of nowhere! Geez I feel like they just wanna rip you off! And i thought it was only $50usd per person for a day pass but she quoted me $90usd per personhuh.gif Does anyone else have this problemhuh.gif It's so unfair to feel like this when you're already stressed about the wedding! Sorry just had to vent!!!crybaby2.gif
Hi Ida,

Did they send you the 2009 wedding guide? are the prices different from the ones listed in the 2009 wedding guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
Hi Ida,

Did they send you the 2009 wedding guide? are the prices different from the ones listed in the 2009 wedding guide?
You know what I just checked over the 2009 wedding guide and this is what I found:

HOTEL PASSES**
Day Pass (Lunch and Dinner)(per person) $55.00
Full Day Pass(Breakfast , lunch and dinner)(per person) $80.00

so I'll have to make sure I print this wedding guide out! lol.

However, the Tiffany chair prices are not listed in the wedding guide. I think it's just something extra that they keep changing on you. But I just think it's unfair they quoted me one price and then tell me another price a couple of months later...

OH NO Rachel, I am sooo sorry! That is horrible! You will have to keep us posted on what comes out of that! I have seen so many beautiful videos, but we just don't have it in our budget to go outside of what's included (we are already hiring Vincent from Del Sol, plus lots having another amazing photog at our AHR, not to mention all the other extras or "oh-but-we-have-to's" that keep popping up)! I got our "planning" email from Aurora yesterday and was told she needed it by April 20!! Yikes, that's only 5 days! Not to mention the fact that the planning sheet says it is due 15 days before the wedding, but April 20 is like 60 days before the wedding! I was a total stress case last night when I saw that because between my shower and my bff's wedding (my moh, i'm her moh) in two weeks, I am like a chicken with my head cut off as it is! The thing is, I don't want to wait and then have them tell me I can't have my location, etc when I booked the wedding over a year ago! Sheesh.... I guess I was just hoping I could get through my bff's wedding before having to deal with this! Oh well, maybe this Aurora will be better about responding to emails, answering questions, etc... we'll see! I'll keep everyone posted!

Ida that is definitely creazy and unfair of them to have changed the price from 6$ to 12$ to 18$! They need to get their fact straight about these prices. Perhaps the outside vendor is the one who changed the price (as they have to rent these) but it still seems ridiculous that it changed twice and is now triple the original price.

Quote:
Can i just vent and say that I am very frustrated with planning this destination wedding?? I'm so mad that they keep changing the prices on me! First of all I thought it was only $6usd each to rent Tiffany chairs and then Anabel quoted me $12usd each. And now after I just emailed to confirm everything she's quoting $18usd each for the Tiffany chairs!!! WTF? censored.gifHow does it go from $6 to $12 to $18! I'm soooo mad! I emailed her back and told her that she already quoted $12 for me and that I don't appreciate her giving me this new price out of nowhere! Geez I feel like they just wanna rip you off! And i thought it was only $50usd per person for a day pass but she quoted me $90usd per personhuh.gif Does anyone else have this problemhuh.gif It's so unfair to feel like this when you're already stressed about the wedding! Sorry just had to vent!!!crybaby2.gif
My recommendation would be to search for the vendor yourself and go directly through them. DT doesn't seem to have any problems with outside vendors coming in. If you rent directly through the vendor you alleviate the DT mark up as well as locking in a price with a contract. Just search for a party rental place in Cancun or Playa Del Carmen. I plan weddings myself and when I rent equipment and linens etc. I mark up the vendors prices 20% typically (just to give you a heads up on what DT is probably doing).

Quote:
You know what I just checked over the 2009 wedding guide and this is what I found:

HOTEL PASSES**
Day Pass (Lunch and Dinner)(per person) $55.00
Full Day Pass(Breakfast , lunch and dinner)(per person) $80.00

so I'll have to make sure I print this wedding guide out! lol.

However, the Tiffany chair prices are not listed in the wedding guide. I think it's just something extra that they keep changing on you. But I just think it's unfair they quoted me one price and then tell me another price a couple of months later...
Did you save the emails where she quoted you $12? I would bring that to them and then that should be enough for them! Sorry you are getting frusterated...the point in a destination wedding is to hopefully avoid some of that frustration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angruck View Post
im still on the fence about where i want the reception----has anyone had the reception in the ballrooms? I just want to make sure everyone will be comfortable. It feels more romantic on the beach but I want to let everyone have a chance to dance. Anyone else have these thoughts?
HI!

I just got home last night and I'm going to write a full review, but i just wanted to answer your question really quickly. We had the reception in the convention center (42 guests total). It was FRIGGIN awesome. I mean, REALLY awesome. We had the DJ set up on stage, the BIG room was cut in 1/2 and it was perfect for the amount of people we had. The convention center is beautiful, but very plain inside. My only advice is if you're doing it in there, bring decorations, because there aren't really any. Not even paintings on the wall. Once I get all my info together, I'll post a youtube video of it.

We are VERY happy we had it there for a number of reasons. #1, the wind on the beach is unpredictable. #2, we had a big fat greek wedding, so if we had it near the pool, one of our guests would have definitely wound up in it #3, we wanted to be able to be loud and party like animals (which we did).
#4 we wanted our party to run late if people we movin and grovin, which EVERYONE was =)

It was friggin awesome.

Hope that helped.
smile78.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelannmartin View Post
Well ladies we finally received our wedding video from the resort and I cried...it was AWEFUL! Not only can you NOT hear what anyone is saying because the music is SO LOUD....but they didn't even record MY vows?!? Only my husbands, what is up with thathuh.gif?
So ladies, words of advice ensure you talk to the videographer (Fabio) prior to him leaving. I have emailed him twice and also sent Natalia an email. I have no problem paying for another DVD but seriously, wanna hear my vows on my wedding video...is that soooo much to ask for? Grrrrr....

I completely understand - ours' isn't horrible, but it's definitely not good either. It's recorded in wide-screen and EVERYONE looks like they're 1000000 lbs. The only thing I can say is that it is pretty funny - it's definitely something to laugh about. My MOH is in the background of a close up of 1/2 my face and all you see is her mouthing "What the F*ckhuh.gif" It's hysterical and so blatent.

ADVICE TO FUTURE BRIDES: DO NOT USE RESORT VIDEOGRAPHER or PHOTOGRAPHER - we used an outside vendor for our photog and he was amazing. We used to resort photog for our Welcome dinner pics, because we did buy Ultimate Wedding Package and figured what the hell. They are ok, but not great.

Hi ladies, against my TA's advice, I chose DT for my wedding location. She kept pushing the Grand Palladium White Sands and other huge resorts on me. My brother got married at Dreams Puerto Vallarta and it was amazing. I really wanted to keep the "personal feel" of a small resort. The travel agent said people may not be happy with such a small resort and there may not be much to do at night. I was so excited about my choice but she kind of has me bummed out.