The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelannmartin View Post
Hey Denise, we were married last week and they wanted to charge us $150 for the ceremony AND $365 for reception speakers!!
If you want to hook your iPod up to any of the speakers they charge you through the nose sad.gif If you utilize your iPod docking station there is no fee.....it is my understanding that the cocktail hour is part of the reception and thus the reception fee applies. Crazy I know!
Oh wow! These fees are really adding up!

How loud is the iPod docking station? I've been told not loud enough for the ceremony ... but for music and such what do you think? Or could you bring your own "system" and hook up your iPod? For $36 I could buy a bad ass boom and still own it afterward LOL

What fees for hooking up your iPod? If you don't what good are the speakers ... like for your reception? I don't get it ... why would that cost more?

Thanks for the help. *SmiLes* Suzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
RoryS- Where are these updated pictures? I tried to go and look at them and couldn't find them. Do you know where they are? Thanks!!!
She is a member of the Dreams Forum (on the Dreams website) she posted the photos there, I just went to find the link to the album for you guys, here you go:

bb and Leopardo Dreams Tulum LIVE pictures, photos, and videos, from vacations on webshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
RoryS- Where are these updated pictures? I tried to go and look at them and couldn't find them. Do you know where they are? Thanks!!!
oops... sorry about that. Go into Dreams Experience - Forum - you'll probably have to log in. Then go to Dreams Experiences - Dreams Tulum and her posts are all there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmsuzanne View Post
Oh wow! These fees are really adding up!

How loud is the iPod docking station? I've been told not loud enough for the ceremony ... but for music and such what do you think? Or could you bring your own "system" and hook up your iPod? For $36 I could buy a bad ass boom and still own it afterward LOL

What fees for hooking up your iPod? If you don't what good are the speakers ... like for your reception? I don't get it ... why would that cost more?

Thanks for the help. *SmiLes* Suzanne
The iPod docking station is in every room and attached to the wall (can't take it out of its place next to the bed)...I don't know why they were trying to charge her $365 on top of the $150 rental for the speaker system. I was only charged $150 and it covered the entire speaker system for the entire night (until 11pm)...but I had my reception and dinner both on the beach. The iPod was used for music after the mariachi band (cocktail hour)...

We found that using the iPod was great b/c you could change the songs and volume with ease and didn't have to "manage" it...

The only thing I can think of for the additional charging is b/c she had her reception inside the Seaside Grill and they wanted to charge for having to play thier music instead of what they normally play (like an incovienence fee or something)...but I don't know. (She got married the day after me, so I saw her there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajikDreams View Post
I just want to say Eeek!!! I'm leaving Wednesday!! Woohoo!!
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your review when you get back! There are a bunch of us coming up this month yay! Everyone readyhuh.gif Have so much fun!!