The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Hi Ladies, Quick message from Tulum.... EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING AND PERFECT!

Landy did an absolutely incredible job on our wedding. I met with Karla (Cant Wait) a couple days before my wedding and after hers and she gave me some great tips. THANK YOU KARLA as always!

I think I lucked out b/c the other dec 5th wedding cancelled so I got the day to myself. And I brought all kinds of stuff down and landy set everything up perfectly. it looked incredible and everything ran better than i could have dreamed. only hiccup was that they recently had to change fire dancer vendors so instead of 200 bucks for 20 minutes it was 400 buckssad.gif But they were great. we surprised the guests and they LOVED it. Still worth it even though it was a lot more money. Jennifer, the spa concierge, is AMAZING. she helped us with getting tequila, cigars for our tasting we did and she did a tequila history for us that we werent planning on doing. the guests LOVED it. and we went through 4 bottles of really good tequila in about 30 minutes. frightening! I surprised my new hubby with singing him a song. everyone died b/c nobody new i could sing. i cant really but it was just a song i knew i could hit each note- something to talk about, bonnie rait. i gave it a nice set up b/c mike and i met at work. it was pretty funny. anyway more later with pics and super long review but i cannot speak more highly of landy, carlos (DJ mannia), jennifer the spa concierge, carlos the spa manager, Luis one of the concierges, the pool entertainment staff (oscar, jamie).

the food all week was incredible. even my dad and step mom who are kind of snobs thought it was awesome. we did the buffet for the wedding (we had 70 people) and it was INCREDIBLE. everyone loved it. the set up was gorgeous. beautiful carvings. oh and i was nervous about the flowers b/c i wanted tropical flowers and they did an AWESOME job. I loved loved loved my flowers. Oh my I cant wait to see pictures let alone post them and send you all a review.

Mike and I are now at the mezzanine - a small boutique hotel in tulum. I must recommend to all brides who are yet to get married at DT. book a room at one of these cute eco-hotels in Tulum. and i highly recommend the mezzanine!!! The beaches here are GORGEOUS (much prettier than at DT). Its tiny boutique eco-chic hotels and bungalows. beaches are not crowded at all. you can walk and see the ruins from the beach. its a TOTALLY different experience from DT and a perfect way to relax for a couple of days after spending nearly a week with friends and family at the big all inclusive.

oh and post opening, DT is even better! they have beeen busy planting tons of new flowers and plants everywhere. the property looks great! as you can tell i cant say enough and i will write tons more when i'm settled in at home!

I'm so excited for all of you to follow!!! I have no doubts it will all be perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy706 View Post

Landy did an absolutely incredible job on our wedding. I met with Karla (Cant Wait) a couple days before my wedding and after hers and she gave me some great tips. THANK YOU KARLA as always!

I think I lucked out b/c the other dec 5th wedding cancelled so I got the day to myself. And I brought all kinds of stuff down and landy set everything up perfectly. it looked incredible and everything ran better than i could have dreamed. only hiccup was that they recently had to change fire dancer vendors so instead of 200 bucks for 20 minutes it was 400 buckssad.gif But they were great. we surprised the guests and they LOVED it. Still worth it even though it was a lot more money. Jennifer, the spa concierge, is AMAZING. she helped us with getting tequila, cigars for our tasting we did and she did a tequila history for us that we werent planning on doing. the guests LOVED it. and we went through 4 bottles of really good tequila in about 30 minutes. frightening! I surprised my new hubby with singing him a song. everyone died b/c nobody new i could sing. i cant really but it was just a song i knew i could hit each note- something to talk about, bonnie rait. i gave it a nice set up b/c mike and i met at work. it was pretty funny. anyway more later with pics and super long review but i cannot speak more highly of landy, carlos (DJ mannia), jennifer the spa concierge, carlos the spa manager, Luis one of the concierges, the pool entertainment staff (oscar, jamie).

the food all week was incredible. even my dad and step mom who are kind of snobs thought it was awesome. we did the buffet for the wedding (we had 70 people) and it was INCREDIBLE. everyone loved it. the set up was gorgeous. beautiful carvings. oh and i was nervous about the flowers b/c i wanted tropical flowers and they did an AWESOME job. I loved loved loved my flowers. Oh my I cant wait to see pictures let alone post them and send you all a review.

Mike and I are now at the mezzanine - a small boutique hotel in tulum. I must recommend to all brides who are yet to get married at DT. book a room at one of these cute eco-hotels in Tulum. and i highly recommend the mezzanine!!! The beaches here are GORGEOUS (much prettier than at DT). Its tiny boutique eco-chic hotels and bungalows. beaches are not crowded at all. you can walk and see the ruins from the beach. its a TOTALLY different experience from DT and a perfect way to relax for a couple of days after spending nearly a week with friends and family at the big all inclusive.

oh and post opening, DT is even better! they have beeen busy planting tons of new flowers and plants everywhere. the property looks great! as you can tell i cant say enough and i will write tons more when i'm settled in at home!

I'm so excited for all of you to follow!!! I have no doubts it will all be perfect!

Now I am excited!! bunny_4.gif Thanks for the update Amy , I was so looking forward to hearing how your day went! And I am so glad it went beyond your expectations!!! Can't wait see your pics

That's wonderful news Amy! Can't wait to see your pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
FYI-I was watching the travel channel a few weeks ago and they actually rated Tulum as one of the best beaches
Yes, the Tulum area is one of the few areas in the Mayan Riviera that has an amazing beach. But the amazing beach is not at Dreams Tulum (which is actually a few kilometers outside of Tulum). The amazing beach is at the ruins, and at a bunch of smaller hotels (not all-inclusive resorts).

If you check out this site, and scroll down to the beach south of Dreams Tulum (i.e. to the left) you can clearly see the amazing beach. You can see that near the coast the water is clear without any rocks or coral (the darker spots)

Dreems Tulum Resort & Spa, Mexico: beach photo tour, aerial images

That's wonderful news Amy! Can't wait to see your pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
FYI-I was watching the travel channel a few weeks ago and they actually rated Tulum as one of the best beaches
Yes, the Tulum area is one of the few areas in the Mayan Riviera that has an amazing beach. But the amazing beach is not at Dreams Tulum (which is actually a few kilometers outside of Tulum). The amazing beach is at the ruins, and at a bunch of smaller hotels (not all-inclusive resorts).

If you check out this site, and scroll down to the beach south of Dreams Tulum (i.e. to the left) you can clearly see the amazing beach. You can see that near the coast the water is clear (the lighter color) without any rocks or coral (the darker spots)

Dreems Tulum Resort & Spa, Mexico: beach photo tour, aerial images

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy706 View Post

Amy I'm so excited everything was wonderful. I can just "hear the excitement" exuding from you just reading your post. Please remember to write down all of the tips Karla told you about so that we can include those as well. Thanks for the heads up regarding the fire dancers too. I can't wait to see your pics and read your review. LOL

Hi ladies,

***NOTE: only valid for the Canadian ladies***

I could really use your help. Maybe this is a way for you to pay me back for my hard work on this thread wink.gif (yes, I know that sounds like gentle blackmail!)

I just entered this contest

YourQuest.ca Photo Contest - Share your love in a photo it could win you a destination wedding with RIU & Sunquest

and the person who gets the most votes in each category (I entered the wedding category) will win an all-inclusive trip for 2 to Jamaica!!!

I really think I have a good chance of winning if I can get some of you going to vote as well as my family and friends.

To vote for us, go to this website YourQuest.ca Photo Contest - Share your love in a photo it could win you a destination wedding with RIU & Sunquest

(if you don't see pictures in the middle of the screen, you don't have adobe flash player installed)

in the box "Search by nickname": enter Sunbride. Then click "vote now" In small text there is a link "Do not have an account yet? Click here to register now!"

You are allowed to vote every day between now and January 31st! Once you have registered, on following visits all you have to do is enter your email address and password so it's much faster on subsequent visits.

WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU ? ? ?

Every time you vote, you are also entered for a chance to win a free all inclusive trip for two!

Since we know we need lots of help from family and friends to win, my husband and I have committed to making a 500$ donation to a charity of our choice if we win. So hopefully that helps give people some motivation to vote!

Thanks is advance ladies!!!!