The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbrown View Post
I spent some time on the Dreams Puerto Aventuras (DPA) thread a few days ago and it seems as though it's opening could actually be mid-November. The resort originally said November, and then pushed it to December, but my understanding was that they've moved it back to November. I emailed their wedding coordinator and heard back from Jacy the same day (wow!). My fingers are crossed that DT will be open very soon, but I would contact Jacy (I got her email address from the DPA website) if you're interested in learning more. I really hope it's not necessary though!!! I feel sick to my stomach when I think of everyone who has weddings in the next couple of weeks. Life can sure throw you a curveball...

For what it's worth, when I emailed Jacy about my wedding in May, she assured me that I wouldn't need to switch anything and that DT would be up and running really soon.

Sarah are you changing your resort? I am nervous also but we are still 6 months away and so much can change in that time...what are you thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
Sarah are you changing your resort? I am nervous also but we are still 6 months away and so much can change in that time...what are you thinking?
When I first heard about the DT closure, my first instinct was to investigate an alternative resort. However, I've calmed down a lot (thanks to copious amounts of red wine) and my FH and I decided to wait a little while longer. If DT continues to push back their expected re-opening date (i.e. October 6th to the 13th to the 20th... etc, etc) then I think Mike and I might contact our TA to investigate our other options. I really would hate to do this though! Argh, it's so confusing.

The thing is though, we are a group of 50 people and May is SUCH a busy time for weddings! Jacy at DPA wrote me back and said that May 7, 2009 isn't even available (and I think DPA only does one wedding per day). Plus, it seems like they have a funky outside photographer policy (read the DPA thread if you're curious... either Jacy's English is terrible, or their policy is that you can't use an outside Mexican photographer other than the resort one unless they're staying at the resort).

That was a long rant to say that we're holding tight for now. Seriously though, do you think there would even be that many resorts available with only 6-7 months to go? I think the first week of May is CRAZY busy. Let's just hope the DT closure is extremely temporary... or else I don't know what to do.

I totally agree-even if I wanted to look at other resorts who is going to have a date in May available? I am with you-I am going to wait and see what happens. It is kind of stressful-my guests are starting to book and I am going to remain calm and cool :)

Hi girls! My thoughts to those with weddings in the next couple of weeks, hang in there.

I too am trying to hang tight as I still have 7 months before my wedding. I am definitely waiting until their new Oct. 13th re-opening date but if it keeps getting pushed back we are considering switching while we still have time to prevent chaos. Although it worth waiting this out as we all picked DT for a reason right? What a crazy thing that none of us would have ever expected to be dealing with. I think if we do switch we would go to Secrets Maroma the beach is supposed to be amazing. In the meantime I'm hoping for the best for all of you coming up soon!

Remember the important thing is the final outcome. Enjoy your day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrathebride View Post
Eeeek--pushed back a whole other week? I was really hoping things would be wrapped up by the 6th. Yes, I am with you girls--there is a reason that I didn't book at Cancun to begin with; I don't want to be where it is so crowded and like party central. Puerto Aventuras sounds like a better option. Does anyone know if that would be considered since they are only opening next moth? I wonder if they would even be experienced enough to do weddings?
Chandrathebride,
My sister is scheduled to get married on the 22nd. I never noticed that before. Personally I am too crazy not to feel like I am doing something even if it's work that ends up being not needed. I have contacted my travel agent and they are checking availablility another resort and I have contact the WC at another resort to try and have the makings of a plan B. My cut off is Oct. 22nd, if the resort is not re-opened by then I am going to start really planning somewhere else. That gives me 30 days to plan. We are a group of 85 so it's a little more difficult to do at short notice that is why I want the 30 days.

To all the brides that are dealing with this closure and are getting married this weekend or next my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know the end result is that you will be married, but I see all the amazing time and effort all of you put into your weddings and I know this is tough.

Thank you for being a sounding board and a wealth of information for me!

Ladies getting married in the next couple of weeks, my thoughts are with you!!

To the other ladies getting married in May, is there reason to think it would not be cleared up by then?! This is making me nervous, though I can't imagine that this won't be cleared up within 7 months...EEK!!