The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Hi gals, what kind of shoes did you/are you planning to wear on the big day? Is it possible to go barefoot, or is the sand/concrete from the room to the wedding site too hot or rough at DT?

You can definitely go barefoot on the beach. I was there in August, the hottest time for Mexico, and the sand was fine. I wore sandles to get around in between, but I probably didn't need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
I was working on my dinner menus today and realized there was a change in the new policy. Wondering if anyone has noticed this?!
When I booked our date, Sandra sent me the "old" wedding guide. The cost for the golden menu was $55 and included a FIVE course dinner. The new menu only includes FOUR. So I called and emailed Landy and of course have gotten no response.

Does anyone know anything about this? The missing course in the new menu is the soup.
If you booked using the old guide, they will honor that. They did it for me and I had a buffet and the buffet menu is now completely different. You can discuss with her when you get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrathebride View Post
Regarding my previous post.... According to Lizet you cannot use the $20 ballroom menu anywhere outside the ballroom. sad.gif Trying to find out what menu is used if you are on the beach or near the pool.
The menu at the beach or near the pool is the same menu in the wedding guide. However, if you do a buffet, it is completely different. Here is the Golden Buffet Menu that was sent to me in July.

Soup
Asparagus cream with parmesan cheese grissini

Main Course

Beef medallions and mushrooms in red wine sauce
Fish rolls with shrimp and lentil ragout
Chicken Escalope marinated with fine herbs
Truffle potato Soufflé
Eggplant napoleon with baked zucchini
Rice with vegetables

Desserts

Sacher cake
Blueberry mousse
Amaretto Cake
Fruits napoleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa08 View Post
The menu at the beach or near the pool is the same menu in the wedding guide. However, if you do a buffet, it is completely different. Here is the Golden Buffet Menu that was sent to me in July.

Soup

Main Course

Truffle potato Soufflé
Rice with vegetables

Desserts

Sacher cake
Blueberry mousse
Amaretto Cake
Fruits napoleon
Did you use this exact menu and if so, was it good? What was this price? And could I do a buffet if we're exactly 50 people? Thanks! (Sorry for all the questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbrown View Post
In response to another post I read, I'm so bummed you can't get the $20 menu at venues other than the ballroom (or $18 in my case since I've been told I can have the 2007-2008 prices). I'm still hoping that I'll be able to have my reception at the Seaside Grill but I wasn't planning on spending $45 a person! I wonder if I should try emailing Landy/Lizet and asking again. I know it sounds sneaky, but sometimes I get the feeling that they say one thing to one person, and then something completely different to someone else...
NOOO! There is a 20$ option at all the restaurants, it's the regular restaurant menu! It's only for the beach reception and the pool reception that we are unsure if there is a 20$ option (seeing as there is no "regular" menu because those locations aren't restaurants).

So if you want to go to the seaside grill, you can do that and only pay 20$ per person but you will have to choose a meal from the regular restaurant menu (they have chicken, several steaks, fish I think, etc). This will not be as fancy (and probably not as many courses) as the silver or gold menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa08 View Post

Soup

Main Course

Truffle potato Soufflé
Rice with vegetables

Desserts

Sacher cake
Blueberry mousse
Amaretto Cake
Fruits napoleon

This is the GOLD menu option, which is not what we were talking about. This costs 65$ per person (55$ old guide). We are talking about the 20$ basic menu option. We are unsure if the 20$ basic menu is available at the pool or on the beach or if you are forced to go with the silver or gold menus (which are much more expensive).

Forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere else... I was thinking about decorations as it relates to the reception, and wondering: What happens to the flowers (the arch around the gazebo, specifically) after the ceremony? Has anybody used them to decorate their reception? They look like lovely flowers, I would hate for them only be used for 30 min. Wouldn't they be ours to continue to use for the day??

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrathebride View Post
Carina-
Speaking of bonfire questions... do you know the answer to how much it is--whether as a group or per person and how long it can last and/or what time it could start? (Do they have restrictions on how early it can begin?)
THANKS SO MUCH!
Hi! From what I understand the bonfire is $30 to set up and $15/person for snack and drinks. I will probably do this either Friday night or night before the wedding. (wedding is on Monday).

YES! I am so excited.

Hello ladies,

Apologies that I have also been MIA. Lots of things have come up over the last couple of weeks.

SUNBRIDE: You are the best! No need to apologize about taking time off from the forum you have more than helped all of us! I would seriously have been so lost without your review!

FYI-FOR THOSE OF YOU SHIPPING TO THE RESORT!

This is what I shipped Monday night (09/22). One box, 17 lbs. With my brother's Southwest Discount I was able to ship this for only $50. Original price would have been $160.

Item--Value

25 Straw Baskets--$40.00

25 Beach Balls---$24.00

8 Beach Chair Picture Frames--$24.00

10 Bag Shred---$11.00

Thursday (09/25), I get an email from Landy that my package is stuck in customs because of an international tax. My Pop called in for me and found out that because the beach balls were made in China, and Mexico has a "No Dumping law on Chinese Products" (no idea what that is or how they are related), there was an extra international tax of $117!!!!!

To ship back would be $100 so I told them to abandon the box. I am so over this whole planning crap and don't care about the dumb baskets.

I will just put the remaing beach chair pic. frames on the tables around the centerpieces and I guess no one is getting a beach ball.

My FH said we should be smaller baskets and just put what we have left in there. I guess that is fine but I think I am just going to look for some bags or something at Costco or Wal-mart when we get there.

Dang...