The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

I was going back over the crucial first page info, I came across the "Ballroom normal menu (i.e. 20$ option, not silver or gold menu)" attachment.... I knew there was a $20 option, nicely enough, but never knew exactly what it was...is this it, whether you or on the beach, by the pool, anywhere? Not just the ballroom I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrathebride View Post
Carina-
Speaking of bonfire questions... do you know the answer to how much it is--whether as a group or per person and how long it can last and/or what time it could start? (Do they have restrictions on how early it can begin?)
THANKS SO MUCH!
I emailed with Lizet last week and she said that it is $15 per person and you can do drinks or snacks. I was thinking about doing smores and drinks on Friday night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkatz View Post
I emailed with Lizet last week and she said that it is $15 per person and you can do drinks or snacks. I was thinking about doing smores and drinks on Friday night
I don't get why the prices keep changing?!!?!? I was quoted something else earlier in the year! Then I read on this forum that there is only one fixed price...something like $30 or $40 bucks. What the heck?!?!?!
btw...my wedding is two months away, I have over 60 people booked, and I have yet to hear from Landy or Lizet. I know everyone on here says it all works out in the end, but I just don't get why the disorganization and lack of communication up until we arrive!!

Quote:
I was going back over the crucial first page info, I came across the "Ballroom normal menu (i.e. 20$ option, not silver or gold menu)" attachment.... I knew there was a $20 option, nicely enough, but never knew exactly what it was...is this it, whether you or on the beach, by the pool, anywhere? Not just the ballroom I mean?
From what I understand it's just the ballroom but I could be wrong.

The price for the bondfire is different if you wish to do food and snaks (which is what we will be doing) or if you are just doing snack. In the last few weeks I have had more contact with Lizette and she asures me that they are able to accomodate most of any requests we may have. We are even getting a DJ last minute and they are able to help us with that smile36.gif

I am really looking forward to getting there in a week and getting everthing finalized - this has been a very long drawn out deal so it will be quite the relif to get it all done :-)

I will be back on the 12th so if anyone has any last minute dyre questions that they must have answered before their trip down - please let me know and I will try to get any clarifications I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
I don't get why the prices keep changing?!!?!? I was quoted something else earlier in the year! Then I read on this forum that there is only one fixed price...something like $30 or $40 bucks. What the heck?!?!?!
btw...my wedding is two months away, I have over 60 people booked, and I have yet to hear from Landy or Lizet. I know everyone on here says it all works out in the end, but I just don't get why the disorganization and lack of communication up until we arrive!!
Girl, I am so sorry for your frustration...that is strange you haven't heard from them at all. For a bride in November, I haven't emailed them much, but I have eventually received answers to my questions. What about putting in subject title "October or November Wedding--PLEASE RESPOND." Maybe figure out what you absolutely HAVE To know before you leave, and the rest don't worry until you get there... I know, easier said than done. I had heard it was $30 cash for the bonfire, albeit with no snacks... that's what I am hoping for.

Quote:
Girl, I am so sorry for your frustration...that is strange you haven't heard from them at all. For a bride in November, I haven't emailed them much, but I have eventually received answers to my questions. What about putting in subject title "October or November Wedding--PLEASE RESPOND." Maybe figure out what you absolutely HAVE To know before you leave, and the rest don't worry until you get there... I know, easier said than done. I had heard it was $30 cash for the bonfire, albeit with no snacks... that's what I am hoping for.
When was the last time you spoke to them? How about calling them adn not leaving a message but trying to call back?

question - i just noticed in the wedding guide that they charge $18 per table for linens (and then $18/$15 for overlays)...so does that mean I'm going to pay $18 per table just for the standard white tablecloth and napkins? if that's the case, that's fine, I just want to make sure I'm accounting for it in my budget.

also, anyone know if we can have a cigar roller and how much that costs? i know there is a roming cigar roller at Dreams Cancun, but I never noticed one at DT and I want to have him come roll cigars at our welcome cocktail hour.