The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teesha View Post
Hi Ladies,

Has anyone done their reception on the beachhuh.gif If so, how does the music and dancing work? Can we play music on the beach during the dinner and after? Ideally, we would also like to have the first dance there too.

Please help!!!
We are having our reception on the beach and yes you can have music. You will have to rent a dance floor from the resort or if you use an outside DJ they might have one you can rent. The music has to be over by 10:30 unless you are doing it in the ballroom.
I am pretty sure that the wedding guide has all of this information also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachformeplease View Post
What beautiful pictures you take! Really nice! In your opinion where would be the best outdoor area for a reception after seeing the grounds? I was stuck on the El Patio, but want a bit more privacy and want to have a DJ. I am now thinking one of the pool areas. Any feedback would be great!

We had our wedding outdoors and we loved it. It was at the Seaside Grill, which is on the beach and has a nice breeze. The El Patio is not close to the water and my father complained that there was no breeze there so he never ate there for lunch. I didn't think it was too bad. But El Patio is by all of the night time entertainement, so it is not as private. You may want to find out what is going on over there the night of your wedding before you decide.

The pools close around 7, so if you can do it by a pool, it should be ok. I don't know all of the outdoor places that they have weddings now since the wedding guide I used has changed and it looks like they have more places now.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cendcar View Post
Hi Anna,

I would love to get the link for your car rental. Now that I think about it, if we are going to be there for 10 days and need to make a trip to the market or Costco, it would be good to have car. Also, this makes it easy to go to Playa del Carmen. We plan on partying over there after the reception. I heard it has the best bars and clubs.

My co-worker just moved back to SF after spending 1 year over in Playa so he has told me all the hot spots. If anyone is interested in a list of popular places, let me know and I can post or send you a PM.

Dang, I cannot believe how excited I am too! My heart has been thumping for the last couple of days and will not stop!smile123.gif
Just a note about the car rentals. While they get you with prices, they kill you in insurance. Friends of mine got a great deal of $99 for the week, then were hit with another $100 for insurance, so factor that in.

Also, Costco is in Cancun, which is over 1.5 hours from Tulum. There is a SAMs Club that is closer, but it is still about 30-45 minutes away.

I did find the same issue with the insurance - however I did make sure that with the company that I booked that it was all included in the price - It seems that having a car - and we have found this to be true of all the trips we have taken, works out to be cheaper, more convenient and more fun then flipping for a cab everytime you wish to go anywhere. But you are right - you have to make sure the insurance is included b/c that can work out to be more expensive then renting the car

muscle.gifbunny_4.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa08 View Post
Just a note about the car rentals. While they get you with prices, they kill you in insurance. Friends of mine got a great deal of $99 for the week, then were hit with another $100 for insurance, so factor that in.

Also, Costco is in Cancun, which is over 1.5 hours from Tulum. There is a SAMs Club that is closer, but it is still about 30-45 minutes away.

Does anyone know the price of using your IPOD? Does the resort provide the docking station or do I need to bring mine from home? Do they provide speakers etc.

I remember seeing it some where on the forum but now that I am looking for it I can't find it.

Any help as usual is much appreciated!

Please help!!! ok so, the wedding guide i think says the dance floor for the beach reception is $600 is this correct? even if you have the ultimate wedding package? OMG this is really an outragous price!!! if this is the case is the seaside grill a better choice? i really wanted the beach reception but i dont want to pay $600 for a floor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa24 View Post
Does anyone know the price of using your IPOD? Does the resort provide the docking station or do I need to bring mine from home? Do they provide speakers etc.

I remember seeing it some where on the forum but now that I am looking for it I can't find it.

Any help as usual is much appreciated!
You should really look over the wedding guide. It talks about the fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinalocany View Post
Please help!!! ok so, the wedding guide i think says the dance floor for the beach reception is $600 is this correct? even if you have the ultimate wedding package? OMG this is really an outragous price!!! if this is the case is the seaside grill a better choice? i really wanted the beach reception but i dont want to pay $600 for a floor!!
Yup, it's $600 regardless of the package you choose. I know it sounds outrageous, especially for something they already have in house but what can you do?

I'm a moment away from booking my June 2009 wedding with Dreams Tulum. My only concern is, does it make anyone uncomfortable that there are so many weddings booked at this resort that it will feel like a wedding factory?? Maybe it's not that noticeable that these weddings whip through there and take over? My wedding will be on a Monday, and I'm worried about seeing all these weddings (especially that the weekend prior is all booked) and feeling like my special day is one of many you will see in a one week stay. But I guess maybe it comes with the territory, I'm finding a lot of hotels in the area have multiple weddings per day and I really like the affordability of this resort. Can anybody calm my only concernhuh.gif? (... and sorry, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, I've already checked my wedd. date avail. with Landy/Lizette, so I'm super interested in this resort)... thanks!!