The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by can't wait! View Post
Ladies, I need your help! I've put a post with pics of my dress. I can't decide which one to wear. Here's a link to the thread. Please let me know your thoughts!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t27991
Can't Wait--one more thing to think about regarding the dresses... one of my dear friends chose a dress made by pronovias and looks a lot like the one in your picture--but at the very least, it is likely made of the same material... but my point is that for her, even after it was professionally pressed, it still wrinkled quite a bit throughout the day, and in the end this bothered her a lot. Just something to consider if you think it would wrinkle.

the standard round tables for the reception are 60" (8-10pp per table).

we booked the 5 hour package with Claudia...figure to have her start an hour before the ceremony for getting ready pics and stay through cutting the cake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrathebride View Post
Can't Wait--one more thing to think about regarding the dresses... one of my dear friends chose a dress made by pronovias and looks a lot like the one in your picture--but at the very least, it is likely made of the same material... but my point is that for her, even after it was professionally pressed, it still wrinkled quite a bit throughout the day, and in the end this bothered her a lot. Just something to consider if you think it would wrinkle.
Chandra, thanks! You make a very good point. The fabric is silk duponi and as you can see can get very wrinkled. I'm gunna make a list of all the pros and cons and hopefully make a decision. I never thought it would be so difficult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Bride View Post
Username: 411Bride
Names (optional, first names only) Christina
Date & Time April 11, 2009
Wedding package Ultimate
Wedding extras (and cost charged) I don't know yet =(
Type of ceremony Religious - performed by my best friend's dad =) (who is a minister)
Coordinator: Landy
Number of guests: 30 right now
Ceremony location: Beach!
Reception location: New Ballroom (convention hall)
Photographer: Resort
Videographer: Grandpa John
Special arrangements / activities (i.e. welcome dinner, special set-up, anything that's not the norm) I really want a welcome dinner, a girly-girl spa day, a day for golf for the guys and a mystery dinner but I dont know how to go about setting it up =?
welcome 411BRIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cendcar View Post
Question/Advice:

Makeup! I wear very Bare Escentuals everyday and have not planned to have anything special for the wedding. A friend of mine said I should think about buying heavier makeup for pictures such as Mac.

It seems like a waste of money to buy makeup for the one day. Also, if I decided to let the resort do my makeup how does that work?

Did anyone get their makeup done by the salon ? Do they use their makeup or yours? What brand is theirs?

Thanks gals!
I had my hair and make up done at the spa and loved both. It was part of the Ultimate Package. They use their own make-up, although I brought my own lipstick. I am not sure what brand they use, but I liked the way it came out. I usually only wear very little make-up, so they didn't go crazy, but it definitely made me look better in the pictures.

Hey ladies! I had a quick question regarding your Trash the dress session...

where abouts on the beach did you go to take the pictures??

Did you walk down the beach a ways before deciding on a spot?? or did you just plop down in front of the resort and start shooting??

FH and I were planning on getting up nice and early 6am the following morning to take the pics. So the beach should be pretty deserted but I dont know were to take the pics??

suggestions would be great! THANKS so much!!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstbride View Post
Hey ladies! I had a quick question regarding your Trash the dress session...

where abouts on the beach did you go to take the pictures??
Did you walk down the beach a ways before deciding on a spot?? or did you just plop down in front of the resort and start shooting??

FH and I were planning on getting up nice and early 6am the following morning to take the pics. So the beach should be pretty deserted but I dont know were to take the pics??

suggestions would be great! THANKS so much!!! :)

We did a bunch in the middle of the beach right in teh middle of the resort. It was around 10am so there was already a small crowd. But there are never a lot of people swimming in the water seeing it's rocky. For the 2nd half of the session we went just past the seaside grill and then over to the rocks. That area of the beach is desserted since there are no lawnchairs there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa08 View Post
In regards to the photographer, he took great pictures, he just wasn't around long enough. Be specific about what you want and make sure he takes them all. The wedding packages do not mention how long the photogrpahers will be around for so maybe ask Landy as well. Also, not sure what we were thinking, but we didn't tip him up front. We did everyone else, but completely forgot about the photographer. So if you throw some money at him that may help as well.

Here is the answer I finally got to the per hr. charge for the photographer.
I am going to print this email and bring it with me!!
50USD PER HOUR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:34:10 -0400
Subject: Re: Dreams Tulum Photo Info Needed
To: filepictour@hotmail.com

What about the extra charge for time. We know about adding extra pictures but we need to know the cost of adding time for you to stay at the reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterofthebrideerica View Post
Here is the answer I finally got to the per hr. charge for the photographer.
I am going to print this email and bring it with me!!

50 USD PER HOUR
Wow, that is a different answer than I received! As I posted a few pages ago (see here: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...-37#post518294) I was quoted an extra 430$ (this is for somebody with the ultimate wedding package) for an extra 4 hours (6 hours total). So that's over 100$ per hour. That also included 30 additional photos (which I didn't ask for, I only asked for extra hours but they threw in the extra photos).

so your quote would be 200$ for 4 extra hours and mine was 430$ for 4 extra hours with 30 pictures. Those 30 extra pictures definitely aren't work an extra 230$!!!!

Hopefully they honour the 50$ an hour as that is a great price. There is no reason to get extra photos from them, just buy the CD and print them back home for way cheaper. It sounds like the price for the CD is a flat rate regardless of the amount of photos they took.