The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cendcar View Post
What confuses me is everyone seems to be having their reception at the Seaside Grill except I do not remember that being an option for the reception. I was told beach, patio terrace or Ballroom. Is the Seaside Grill Reception an extra charge or is this part of the package? I currently have my reception scheduled for the Patio Terrace but am now thinking of changing it to SG but am worried about extra charges.
The reception policies have changed recently. Many of the brides on this forum are operating under the old policies as they reserved before the policy changes (when the new wedding guide was released earlier this summer). Check out the reception locations section on page 1, you'll find all the info about seaside grill.

hello ladies

I'm feeling a bit frusterated at this point about my reception location..well more importantly prices! I've heard some of you talk about a $20 menu...I know there is a $20 menu in the seaside grill, which is our 1st choice, however if we cannot get this because of occupancy, does anyone know if a $20 menu exists in the ballroom? And does anyone know the cost of the buffet per person (i know it's over 50 people)? It's annoying that all of these things just "pop up" that are not included in the wedding guide..and I'm getting more info from all of you which is awesome..however, I still cannot send out my save the dates because it takes 4-EVER to get my questions answered..and we can also not finalize a guest list due to all of the price differences. Any advice or anything would be greatly apprecaited ladies!!!

thanks

Lonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonna14 View Post
I know there is a $20 menu in the seaside grill, which is our 1st choice, however if we cannot get this because of occupancy, does anyone know if a $20 menu exists in the ballroom? And does anyone know the cost of the buffet per person (i know it's over 50 people)?
Hum, that is a good point. The 20$ meal is any meal on the regular restaurant menu, but seeing as the ballrooms aren't a restaurant and don't have a regular menu I wonder if there is a 20$ option, or only the silver and gold menu. This question has never come up before, so I don't think you'll be able to get your answer on here (although hopefully there will be somebody out there who can help you). Hopefully they will offer you the option of choosing a menu item from one of the restaurants' menus.

From my understanding, the buffet can be done for any meal, i.e. a regular restaurant menu meal, silver dinner, gold dinner. Which means the price would be the same as for the plated meals (i.e. 20$, 55$, 65$)

I know some ladies have had their cocktail hr in front of the lobby area, I just wanted to know where exactly they do the set up? Is it between the actual bulding and the fountain, or is it on that little terrace outside?

What is the verranda bar? Is it that terrace area in frony of the lobby where the staircases run on each side?

Has anyone done a reception at that lobby area? or is only available for cocktail hr?

Yay, so I finally confirmed the wedding date! It's official now....smile159.gif

Username: ERnurse

Names: Julie and Eric

Date & Time: Oct 10, 2009. ceremony 5pm, cocktail hr 6pm, reception 7pm

Wedding package: ultimate

Type of ceremony:symbolic

Coordinator: I guess landy

Number of guests: approx 25

Ceremony location: beach near SG

Reception location: Haven't decided yet

Photographer: resort

Videographer: resort

Special arrangements / activities (i.e. welcome dinner, special set-up, anything that's not the norm)... not that far along in my planning yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERnurse View Post
I know some ladies have had their cocktail hr in front of the lobby area, I just wanted to know where exactly they do the set up? Is it between the actual bulding and the fountain, or is it on that little terrace outside?
I think they could both be options. I have seen somebody's pictures where they had it on the terrace, I can't remember who. But if you had an enormous group there probably wouldn't be enough space. The advantage of that over the bottom of the stairs is that there would be some shade since the terrace is half covered by the roof.

Quote:
What is the verranda bar? Is it that terrace area in frony of the lobby where the staircases run on each side?
The verranda bar is an indoor building next door to the buffet and across from the chapel in the area known as the plaza. If you go to the member contributions area you will see I created an aerial view map on which I indicate where it is. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the inside though. This is part of the older part of the hotel, so it more old looking and rustic decor. Also it is completely indoors (although I think they have some windows open to make it more airy feeling). It is a huge building so would enough space for even 100+ people (although not that many chairs).

Quote:
Has anyone done a reception at that lobby area? or is only available for cocktail hr?
You mean having your reception on the lobby terrace? I don't think anyone has ever done that. I don't know if they would be willing to set-up dinner tables up there (they only have small tables) and it would be a far walk for the wait staff depending on where the meals are being prepared. But you could ask and see what they say.

Wow this is an amazing form. Hats off to you Sunbride. Listed below is my info, please add me when you have time. Look forward to posting and listing my thoughts and ideas.

Username: Melissa24

Names (optional, first names only) -Melissa and Adam

Date & Time- January 29,2009 4pm

Number of guests-not sure-thinking approx.20

Coordinator: Lizett

Ceremony location: Beach

Reception location: El Patio or area around Activity pool

Photographer: using the resort one

Videographer: just going to use the resort one

Review (link): N/A

Photos (link): N/A

Video (link): N/A

Special arrangements / activities:

Ceremony: symbolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by neen View Post
I think it was alin & mako who first mentioned it on the old thread
Neen, how did you remember that? I am impressed. It was me :)

Also, neen, thank you so much for all the work you put into everyone's questions. You must have sat there for hours with her. I would love to do the lounge chairs and candy station... I think we can buy the candy in Mex and if the hotel has containers that would be perfect!

Okay, I re-read the 1st page and saw that the Seaside Grill is an option in the package. I also have been using the old Wedding Guide and have already confirmed with Landy that we are using the same rates as the old guide.

I think I am changing my reception from Patio Terrace to Seaside Grill. All of your stories have sold me on how wonderful it is.

Did anyone ship their welcome baskets to the resort before the wedding? What did you use, Fed-Ex, UPS....Any problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
Welcome to our thread! I'll add you to our bride list.

In terms of question 3, as Bianca said, wedding photography is not allowed at the ruins. I learned that the hard way sad.gif You can read about my experience in my review (I think it's one of the last things in my review). As said in my review you could sneak your way in by only putting on your wedding clothes when you get inside the ruins, but that is your risk (Laura, one of our other brides, did it and got fabulous photos!)

In terms of question 4, it's all a matter of personal preference. The seaside grill seems to be the most popular option I think. In terms of whether you go private or not I think it depends on if you want to do dancing and speeches. For those you'd want to go private but if it's just a dinner, than it's up to you whether you mind having strangers there (I personally would not mind, I would just consider it more as a dinner than as a formal reception). You have to decide what you want to get out of your reception. But read the new policy about the restaurants carefully because it has recently gotten much harder to book the restaurants privately.
I actually got the sneaking in from your review so thanks Sunbride! Your review and dedication to the upkeep of this thread is truly award-winning!

As for question 4: I want dancing and speeches. I'm confused as to what options I have left if the hotel is too full for a private event. Can you give me the lowdown? Thanks so much!