The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

AHHHHH! I GOT MY 2 MONTH PACKET. I'm not ready for this! Where did the time go?! I was thinking about having one my splurges be on fire dancers, but I'm finding YouTube videos of fire dancers from Dreams Tulum. So I emailed Nayeli today asking if they are already part of the entertainment during the week, because I don't want to PAY for them when they will see them for free earlier in the week. She said she didn't know. Sigh. Do any of the past brides or past DT visitors know if there is a regularly scheduled fire dancer show?

AHHHHH! I GOT MY 2 MONTH PACKET. I'm not ready for this! Where did the time go?! I was thinking about having one my splurges be on fire dancers, but I'm finding YouTube videos of fire dancers from Dreams Tulum. So I emailed Nayeli today asking if they are already part of the entertainment during the week, because I don't want to PAY for them when they will see them for free earlier in the week. She said she didn't know. Sigh. Do any of the past brides or past DT visitors know if there is a regularly scheduled fire dancer show?
Ooh exciting :) 2 months!

Thanks hemzshaw, exciting and terrifying at the same time.  I had my last dress fitting yesterday and it fit so that's a good start!

Paperwork has been turned in.  We decided against the fire dancers.  Nayeli said that most people have them perform during their reception, but since its going to be so hot, we're having our reception indoors and they're obviously not allowed in there.  Besides, my fiance had a good point, that our guests are going to remember our wedding for the fun week in the sun, not for the fire dancers.  =D

I just returned from our wedding/honeymoon and was very pleased!  I will provide a more detailed review later this week, but I can honeslty say I am happy with my selection.  My husband (that sounds weird) and I only had one complaint regarding the ceremony/reception.  The minister... we did the symbolic ceremony and I provided a specific 'script' at our meeting with the wedding planner on Thursday.  I don't think the minister read it before hand as he stumbled through many parts.  He was also VERY hard to understand.  Overall, it was fine, and if that is the only thing that went wrong I feel pretty lucky! 

I have a question about the resort wedding photographer! We have the package that includes 50 photos, do they only take the 50 photos and call it a day or do they take like 200 and you can pick your 50? I would love a outside photographer however my fiancé had a friend get married at Dreams in Punta Cana and he suggested we batter with the resort photog for a trash the dress and for extra photos. Not sure if that seems fair, has anyone else got any input on this?

Hi All! 

I am in search of an evening cruise/party boat for after the dinner reception at our wedding. It is proving to be difficult as there are many in Cancun, there does not seem to be as many within a reasonable travelling distance closer to Tulum. Ideally we wouldn't want to travel any further than 15-30min max from the resort to continue with the reception. Has anyone done, or know of any options like this in the Mayan area?

I hired an outside photographer and asked if I could swap the resort photographer out for something else.  I wasn't able to do that, but they told me I could use the resort photographer for the rehersal, or welcome dinner or cocktail hour.  So while my husband and I were off with the hired photographer, the resort photographer took pictures during the cocktail hour.  He took more than 50, but then gave us a disc with just 50 on it.  I think it is fine to use them for the trash the dress.

We didn't chose the 50 because we were leaving the next morning to move to the honeymoon resort. They were willing to set up an appointment so that we could pick the pictures we wanted. We just chose not to. You should have the option to purchase more. In my opinion, the outside photographer was worth it. The resort photographers sample photos just didn't sweep me off my feet. We used Button Up photography. Www.buttonupmx.com Hideki was great. He spent nine hours with us and took countless photos. I can't wait to see the final product. He was also reasonably priced!