The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Hello Ladies!

We finally got an email from our wedding coordinator. We have a very long form to fill!

We have our guest count up to 60 and as we were looking at the costs of the Silver and Golden menus the total cost is outrageous! crybaby2.gif(Considering this is an all inclusive!) Let's not even talk about the extra charge per person-per hour for a reception lasting more than 3hrs. Has anyone heard of someone hiring the services of an outside caterer? Is it even allowed? Or has anyone recently done a set menu option in a ballroom? I've been trying to ask about the set menu but I don't seem to get a straight answer or the actual menu for that matter.

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by hezmshaw View Post

So in gonna put my deposit on our date tomorrow.. Thinking the ultimate package, anyone get that and wish they'd just taken the middle one??? And can anyone tell me if the have resort photog photos??

Hi hezmshaw,  If you click the 'search this forum' at the top of the page, you'll find all sorts of discussions on which package to choose.  I just stumbled upon on in a Dreams Tulum review in her "if I had known then" section:  "Wedding Package: I would have go with the Love in Paradise (cheapest) package - since we really didnâ€t use everything that was included in the Ultimate package (i.e. the flowers, the massages, etc.) and paid for the add-ons that were not available with any package (harpist, lobster, better wine, etc.)"

Ultimately, my fiance and I decided to build our own package too.  Don't fret if you've already picked a package and change your mind between now and then because it's my understanding that nothing really matters until you fill out the paperwork 2 months in advance of your wedding.  

Welcome to the forum!

Originally Posted by fiddlefuller View Post

Hi Ladies-

Has anyone done a Chinese Lantern release at DT?

I thought I'd read somewhere on this forum that DT doesn't allow it because of the risk of lighting the nearby forest on fire. :( I can't seem to find the post right now though.....

Hello ladies!

Just returned from our week at Dreams. Will write a longer review in the near future but wanted to write you all a quick summary.

Resort is beautiful and the food is great. I had 20 people down with me and we all raved about the food options. I will let you know the food is gourmet at most of the restaurants and can be very rich. We all faced a few minor stomach issues but I believe it came from over-eating and drinking. 

Natalia and Nayeli were my contacts and I thought they were great!! Natalia made me feel very comfortable and had everything in order for the first meeting. I sadly had rain the day of the wedding (the only day the rain stuck around!!) she waited until the last minute as per my request until I had to change my beach location to the chapel. In the end I believe the chapel was the better choice for me as it made it feel more intimate. So do not worry as they know what they are doing!!

Flowers were incredible! We used the resort photographer and he was really good. We were able to get our photos right away and picked more then the 36 in our package. I would say the photos were not as sharp as you are going to get with other photographers but I was more then happy with the photos he produced. He was really good at posing us just right for that special shot.

One con we had was the customer service from the hotel. My husband went back to the room one night to change and found our front door wide open as well as the patio door unlocked. It seems a maid came in for turn down service and did not close the door. Of course we were freaking out as we had a lot of stuff in there and anyone could have walked in. The way they first handled this situation was horrible. No apology and a run around for us to get some answers. My husband had to talk to numerous people to finally get some respect from the head concierge. We can understand that mistakes like this happen and were not looking for freebies or anything but we at least wanted an apology and a proper way to handle us being so upset. I will say in the end they offered us a 2 night refund and 3 extra nights on a return visit and plenty of apologies in the end. I guess we just expected more from the hotel staff when dealing with this situation.

In the end the trip was really great. We all had a wonderful time and enjoyed the beaches and pools. The wedding day went well despite the bad weather and I have walked away happy and with great memories.

Let me know if you have any questions I can help with and I will post some photos and a full review soon!

Originally Posted by jennybober View Post

Hello ladies!

Just returned from our week at Dreams. Will write a longer review in the near future but wanted to write you all a quick summary.

Resort is beautiful and the food is great. I had 20 people down with me and we all raved about the food options. I will let you know the food is gourmet at most of the restaurants and can be very rich. We all faced a few minor stomach issues but I believe it came from over-eating and drinking. 

Natalia and Nayeli were my contacts and I thought they were great!! Natalia made me feel very comfortable and had everything in order for the first meeting. I sadly had rain the day of the wedding (the only day the rain stuck around!!) she waited until the last minute as per my request until I had to change my beach location to the chapel. In the end I believe the chapel was the better choice for me as it made it feel more intimate. So do not worry as they know what they are doing!!

Flowers were incredible! We used the resort photographer and he was really good. We were able to get our photos right away and picked more then the 36 in our package. I would say the photos were not as sharp as you are going to get with other photographers but I was more then happy with the photos he produced. He was really good at posing us just right for that special shot.

One con we had was the customer service from the hotel. My husband went back to the room one night to change and found our front door wide open as well as the patio door unlocked. It seems a maid came in for turn down service and did not close the door. Of course we were freaking out as we had a lot of stuff in there and anyone could have walked in. The way they first handled this situation was horrible. No apology and a run around for us to get some answers. My husband had to talk to numerous people to finally get some respect from the head concierge. We can understand that mistakes like this happen and were not looking for freebies or anything but we at least wanted an apology and a proper way to handle us being so upset. I will say in the end they offered us a 2 night refund and 3 extra nights on a return visit and plenty of apologies in the end. I guess we just expected more from the hotel staff when dealing with this situation.

In the end the trip was really great. We all had a wonderful time and enjoyed the beaches and pools. The wedding day went well despite the bad weather and I have walked away happy and with great memories.

Let me know if you have any questions I can help with and I will post some photos and a full review soon!

Whoop whoop! Can't wait to read the full review! Congrats!

Hello ladies!

It's so good to hear that the food was ok! I've read so many mixed reviews on TripAdvisor! I find it very difficult not to have stomach issues on any vacation with the large amounts of alcohol that is being consumed so good to hear that it was nothing serious and that everything turned up okay!

Also, yay on Nayeli and the flowers! This makes me feel so much better!! Congrats and welcome home!! :) 

Welcome back!!  That sucks about your room being left wide open, but I'm glad the rest of the trip went well.  Can't wait to hear more!  =D

Hello ladies!

Hi ladies,

We are going to do a little bachelorette party for me while we are there in one of my bridesmaids hotel rooms.  I was wondering what would be something fun for the guys to do while we were doing that?  Let me know if you have any suggestions!  Thank you!

Thanks!  I did end up picking the Ultimate package, but I'm glad to hear you can still change it later down the road.

I got my date finally, I was hoping for Nov 12 but it was already booked, so November 14 it is!

I'm still trying to get everyone booked through my TA, ugh.. everyone wants to shop around for their own deals, which of course is great, but since we put our deposits down already if we don't have at least 10 people through my agent, everyone has to pay $420 more :( Right now we're at 8! eep! (we're only going to be 15-20 people max)

Too bad about Chinese Lanterns, I was wondering about that too!