The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Originally Posted by rootkl View Post

KristinT

If you don't mind me asking, how did you book already? Our travel agent said we couldn't book until 330 days out? Did you do a group rate?

Oh, sorry yes, and we did get a group rate :) Where are you coming from rootkl?

Congrats to all the new additions to this forum!  Rootkl, my travel agent said that scheduled air isn't released until 330 days prior to the date, whereas Chartered flights are out 1 year ahead of time.  I think that's why you aren't able to book yet.   Just wondering if anyone has been in touch with the wedding coordinator at DT?  Is it still Aurora Garcias?  I need to email and ask about hiring an outside minister, but it's been 6 months since I last emailed!  I'm hoping she's still there.....
Hi there! I have been in touch with the coordinators, they have been pretty responsive. I initially delt with Landy but lately Nayeli has been responding to my inquires. Not sure about aurora but I have heard that they are all wonderful. Good luck!

Originally Posted by Tulumbride2013 View Post

Hi there! I have been in touch with the coordinators, they have been pretty responsive. I initially delt with Landy but lately Nayeli has been responding to my inquires. Not sure about aurora but I have heard that they are all wonderful. Good luck!

I have been in contact with Landy lots, and I know they say "2-3 days for a reply", but generally speaking, for quick questions etc, she gets back to me within the day or so. 

Has anyone worked with Nayeli before? Every time I contact her, she just continues to tell me that planning doesn't start until 2 months out at the resort. Was this standard for everyone else? 

Also, for those of you that used the in house person to perform the ceremony, did you contact him through your wedding coordinator? How long out did you do so? Did you give him your own ceremony to be performed? Thanks!

Well as far as making choices, yea its two months out from the wedding, but if you have questions those should def be answered accordingly. As far as the ceremony I think it depends on symbolic vs legal. We are having a legal ceremony, and we can't make any changes to the actual wording of the ceremony, and we have to use their guy. We considered bringing our own but I guess the guys gotta be a judge or something...

I heard back from Nayeli.  Aurora must be gone.  Nayeli answered pretty quickly.  As far as planning, it's my understanding that about 2 months out you will receive a giant packet to fill out and return.  That's when all the big decision making happens.  The only things I know for sure at this point are that we have the chapel reserved and the 5pm time slot for the ceremony.  

Through another forum here on BDW, I found Alejandro Monroy to perform the ceremony from cancunminister.com.  What we loved about him is that you get BOTH a legal and symbolic ceremony in one.  The judge is there with the paperwork, etc, but Sr. Monroy runs the show and does a religious ceremony.  Obviously it's not cheap because you end up paying for the bloodwork + judge through the hotel and then his fee + the resort fee for an off-resort individual, but we're really happy to have everything done in one swoop.  

Regarding the cake, I figure we won't have much control over what it looks like so we've decided to go with an awesome customized topper from Etsy.com (the store is called clayphory).  I did, however, tell my MOH that the only request I'm making for my bridal shower is a nice cake!

Hi Ladies!

I put my deposit down for our trip and now I'm just waiting to hear from the resort regarding our wedding date - I emailed about 9 days ago and NOTHING!  Would one of you let me know what email address you're using, the one I got was from the reservations line and I wonder if it's out of date??

Thanks!!

I have been working with Nayeli. My wedding is two weeks away! I had started to contact the resort around two months and was sent the final forms probably a month and a half before the wedding date. It was making me really nervous waiting but when I had any questions Nayeli answered really quickly. Once I filled out everything I felt a lot better. Can't wait to get there and see everything co e together.