The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

If it is movie or football game night, the screen is set up smack in between the two pools. But 50 people might be pushing it for the Dolphin pool... Best chance is to ask the coordinator if there's enough room, but the Dolphin pool would be the one to pick if it's big enough.

Hi Sheena! I had a couple questions about your experience at Dreams:) Did your reception have an open bar? If so, how did it work? Did they set up a little bar by your dinner tables, or did guests walk to the nearest resort bar? I'm also curious as to how your timeline kinda worked. Did you have the 5 pm ceremony(pics are gorgeous by the way, sooo wish we could afford del sol) ? What time was the cocktail hour/reception and when did you do photos? Your sunset pics are amazing! How was dancing in the sand? We got a dj but I'm not doing the dance floor and want a beautiful beach reception like yours!( Tiffany chairs a must for me!) Thanks in advance!

It didn't have a bar set up per say. We were on the beach next to the Seaside Grill, and we had two wonderful dedicated waiters that fetched any drinks we wanted from the Grill for us. That being said, most of us stuck with wine through supper - and glasses never got empty, so before you realized, you had four glasses gone. But no one had to run off and get anything. Did I mention the end of night cheeseburgers they got us? They earned every bit of the tip we gave them. Our timeline ( for November) was a 4 pm ceremony, followed immediately by a big group shot and family pics. Everyone minus us and the moh and bm headed off to cocktail hour for 5 pm, while we did pictures. Supper started at 6:30 and everything ended around 10:30. We paid for one extra hour, as normally it's a 3 hr reception. 4 pm was the latest reception time offered at that of year, and I believe they time them based on the sunset times. It was dark for us by 6:30. All the photographers would probably recommend the latest ceremony time you can get to get that magical 30 minute window of sunset. It's also great to keep costs down, since there's no down time after the ceremony before supper. I loved the sand myself. Some people might not like it, but I really felt like it added to the experience. The setup staff groom everything, so we didn't have any issues with large rocks or anything like that. Also heads up on the Tiffany chairs. If you want them for the ceremony and the reception, they charge you twice. Hence why I had them for the ceremony only. Not sure if you have your photographer booked, but La Luna is a bit less expensive than Del Sol, and they have beautiful work. That's where we blew a bunch, but it was worth every penny! Our bm asked if we were planning a 1 year reunion trip.....I wish!

Thanks for getting back to me! I was super curious to the bar question. I'm thinking my crowd will be taking shots lol, that's why I asked. So, how long did dinner take? I'm thinking for a three hour reception, id like dinner to be somewhat quick( not rude quick) but I want to get down to partying!we're doing the whole first dance, father daughter / speeches thing...but I think I'm sticking to the sand. $600 for a dance floor is pushing it. I did realize there was an extra charge for the chairs being used for both, I think I'm splurging. Landy said it wouldn't be straight double but like 9$ for ceremony and 6 for the reception. We're doing the sashes though so i wanted them used throughout the wedding. I requested they just move the chairs from the ceremony area to the reception. We're actually using our own photog from the states. She is doing it in excahnge for paid travel. Really a steal since she is doing a ttd, full day coverage, welcome dinner, and other small planned activities shoots. Thanks again!

We instructed supper to move along at a good pace. Maybe just over an hour? We did our first dance at the beginning of the reception, ate, then had 5 super snooper quick speeches during desert. Then we did father daughter dance, mother son dance, cake cutting. I would say all that plus supper was just over 90-100 minutes. We were less stressed because we added an extra hour to the reception.

We didn't bother with a rehearsal. I wrote the entire ceremony myself, and we only had a maid of honor and a best man, and they knew what they had to do (walk a straight line, hold bouquet, don't lose rings). If you have a bigger wedding party or are planning a long ceremony with lots of readings, the rehearsal might be a good idea though. We opted for welcome dinner instead. We held it a the World cafe buffet. It is the only place that doesn't charge extra for a group dinner.