The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Hi Bride81,

We got married at 3:30pm and I think it was a good time.Our photographer had asked us if we could change our wedding to 3:30 from 4:00pm so we could get more daylight for photos. That was the best decision we made. Given that you are getting married in May, you will likely have more daylight then we did. The only thing I would change would be to make our reception 30 mins later. Ours started at 5pm. We got most of our photos done but I felt like we were rushing a bit also because the sun was setting. I would check exactly when the sun sets and maybe even think about getting married at 3pm and having your cocktail hour at 5:00pm. Although our photographer was from outside the resort, he didn't charge us by the hour. They ended up staying til halfway through our reception. I hope this helps you decide what you want to do. Good luck!

Originally Posted by bride81 View Post

i am also interrested in knowing how 3:30 pm weddings went, if there are any brides out there that were married at that time.

I think the best idea is to just confirm with both your photographer and the coordinators. They know the sunset time for each month and should be able to let you know what's best. Our timeline for late November was the following and it worked great for us - we didn't feel rushed at all:

Ceremony 4pm

Group pictures on the beach 4:30

Cocktail hour on the Lobby Terrace 5-6 (we did bridal party pictures instead)

Reception 6:30-10:30 (we paid the extra to extend it to 10:30)

Hi ladies.

I just recieved my email from Aurora today. Looks like I actually get to start planning some of the details.

One question is SHOES!!!! What is everyone else wearing both for them and the bridesmaids/groomsmen. I am struggling with flip flops as it seems informal. Perhaps it is because I am addicted to pumps. I cant imagine it would be easy to walk in heels in the sand.

Any suggestions?

I was convinced that I wanted to wear my pretty teal pumps down the aisle so we got the aisle runner that was included in our wedding package. The truth is, once the wedding was over, they were off and I walked around in bare feet then put on more comfy and shorter pump sandals for the reception. I am glad I got my pretty shoes for photos though!

Originally Posted by My BIBI View Post

Hi ladies.

I just recieved my email from Aurora today. Looks like I actually get to start planning some of the details.

One question is SHOES!!!! What is everyone else wearing both for them and the bridesmaids/groomsmen. I am struggling with flip flops as it seems informal. Perhaps it is because I am addicted to pumps. I cant imagine it would be easy to walk in heels in the sand.

Any suggestions?

Hi Ladies,

I just thought I would let you know about the Dreams Tulum Webinar March 31, 2012 @ 9:00am PST with the wedding coordinator at Dreams Tulum.

This is a great opportunity for current Dreams Tulum brides and grooms or those considering the venue for the wedding location to get your questions answered. 

All that attend the webinar and get married at Dreams Tulum Resort & Spa will receive:
  • 1 upgrade for the bride and groom
  • Free gift upon arrival (Champagne & Fruit Platter upon arrival)
  • 50 %  discount for Romantic dinner
  • Special gift from hotel 

So we got our ceremony time and we ended up having to go with noon, I really hope it works out...Ive been told that noon is actually a good time, leaves plenty of time for all the pictures you want plus you can attend the cocktail reception after if you wanted to and you might get a chance to spend sometime with your brand new hubby! Would anyone know of threads with reception idea regarding tables? I searched it but nothing really came up.

Hi Ladies

I'm getting married in November 2012, and I've been reading through soooo many DT posts, but I still have a couple of questions.  I will have about 60 guests (hopefully not more...long story) and would like to get married in the chapel.  Natalia has said that the chapel can fit 60 people but I have read in a previous post that it can only fit 20.  Has anyone that has been there/been married there give me any insight on the space inside the chapel?  It is my dream to get married in a chapel, so I'm kind of stressing about my numbers.  

I have heard and seen a lot of information about the Seaside Grill and have heard that it can't be booked for a private event until about a month before the wedding and also the resort is at less than 70% capacity during the day of the wedding.  I'm really curious about El Patio.  I love the more rustic/earthy look of it...if you want to call it that.  Would it be a suitable private reception area for my number of people?  If so, is there enough room to dance there?  What are the major differences between the El Patio and the Seaside Grill?  I would really like a reception area that is covered by a roof, that is large enough for about 60 people and where there is room for dancing.  What would be the ideal spot for this?  If I am not able to have a covered area, are there areas open to the elements that fit my criteria for guest numbers and dancing?  Are the open areas really windy/cold in November?  I'm a bit stressed about having no clue about where my reception is going to be.  Please help.  Thanks.

Hello BeaBride,

I am also getting married at DT in November! November 8th at 2 pm. :) I've been searching for weather information and found a helpful site. It's for Cozumel but I can't imagine Tulum would be that different. It seems like the weather averages 85 high/65 low.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/station/76649/2011/11/1/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

I'm also interested in finding out more on each reception location. We have about 30 guests and I would love to have the Seaside Grill but I'm not sure I have enough people. El Patio looks hidden from the elements a little better yet you can still see the sea - I'm sure either would be a great choice!

I've heard the chapel seats 20 people and I thought I read somewhere that they would set up chairs right outside the chapel for overflow - I'm not sure if this is the case or how this would work out.

Happy Planning!!!!!