The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

So I'm officially booked  for our June 11th, 2011 wedding.  It's getting so close and I feel as if I have so much to do still.   I am still undecided on where to have the reception.  I would love the seaside grill, but not sure if it is worth an extra 750 dollars. We have booked DJ Bijan as our DJ.   I am torn between the beach and one of the pools.  I am also worried about wind and all of that.   Maybe inside one of the ballrooms would be good.  I just can't decide.  Any input would be wonderful!  My fiance would really like to do it on the beach and have the cocktail hour on the lobby terrace.  I do like the cocktail hour idea, but just can't decide about the reception. 

So I just did the schedule up with my photographer and since our ceremony is at 5 and the cocktail hour is at 6, I just realized that we're going to miss the entire cocktail hour because we'll be getting our photos done.  Is this what others are doing too?  Or did you find a way around it?

18 days!!!

Hi Sara,

We're getting married on the 18th at 3:30 p.m., and I'm pretty sure we'll miss our cocktail hour too.  I tried to move the cocktail hour to a different day but they wouldn't go for it.  We were able to book the caribbean party for everyone on the Friday beforehand which I think will work out better, and I'm glad our guests will be occupied and stick as a group while we're off getting our pics done during the cocktail hour, so I think it worked out for the best.

Good luck!

Jill

We were just married on March 28th and we had our Cocktail hour on the Lobby Terrace, and I absolutely loved it!  There was a nice breeze and shade for a break from the sun, everyone thought it was a great location!  We had the Mariachi band and the whole hour was incredible, I wished it would have lasted longer.

Our reception was by the Dolphin pool, I would not have changed it at all, it was perfect!  Just enough lights that I didn't have to pay for extra lighting, which you may have to do if you have it on the beach.  Our room faced the beach ceremony location and we saw several beach receptions, and it looked as though they had to rent extra lights. For our reception by the pool, there was just enough wind to keep us cool (but we did luck out with the wind), we also rented the sound system and had our iPod hooked up throughout dinner and after, and there was plenty of room for us to dance and have a blast for a few hours, as well I loved the fact that at the beginning of dinner, we could see the ocean and had the incredible view.  On the other hand, I did see a few receptions at the sea side grille that looked absolutely amazing!  If the wind is strong that night, you could have the wind breaks, and if not, then you could have the entire restaurant open with the nice little breeze.  I would have like the sea side grille (after seeing it for someone elses wedding) but it wasn't in our budget. I included a few pictures of the Lobby Terrace, our cocktail hour on the lobby terrace and a view of our reception by the pool, sorry the last one isn't great quality, but it is the only picture I have of it right now.  Hope this helps a little.

Originally Posted by geminiwanderlust View Post

So I'm officially booked  for our June 11th, 2011 wedding.  It's getting so close and I feel as if I have so much to do still.   I am still undecided on where to have the reception.  I would love the seaside grill, but not sure if it is worth an extra 750 dollars. We have booked DJ Bijan as our DJ.   I am torn between the beach and one of the pools.  I am also worried about wind and all of that.   Maybe inside one of the ballrooms would be good.  I just can't decide.  Any input would be wonderful!  My fiance would really like to do it on the beach and have the cocktail hour on the lobby terrace.  I do like the cocktail hour idea, but just can't decide about the reception. 

post-30060-138622232156_thumb.jpg

post-30060-138622232171_thumb.jpg

post-30060-138622232179_thumb.jpg

post-30060-138622232187_thumb.jpg

we totally missed ours too, have no idea how it went, it was located right on the beach. There is such little light for pictures after the ceremony that there is really no way around it. We had our ceremony at 3:30 until about 3:50/4:00 and we needed all the time we could get before the sun set at 6:00

I was the same way, we just got back two weeks ago, we went back and forth about locations and settled on the seaside grill. No regrets!!! We had 40 guests so we needed the room, wanted the privacy and this way it totally felt like a private wedding, AND it is VERY windy there and the wind blinds helped alot, without them everything we had would have blown away, they lifted one blind for a few minutes just for the photographer to take a pic and things started blowing like crazy, so i was so happy with it! Also gives you lots of good dancing room, they put the tables in a circle around the center dance floor and I hung pom poms from the ceiling. I will attach pics soon we brought a photographer and she is still editing.Hope that helps. Have fun, you will LOVE it!!!

Thanks, I was pretty happy with the way things turned out. Ours was the 31st, looking at your pics, i do remember seeing that wedding set up at the lobby terrace, didn't even know we could have it there. Great resort hey! We loved it and are so sad to be home. I still don't have my pics yet, brought a photographer from Toronto and she is still editing but I will post the link on here when we get them!

Thanks, I was pretty happy with the way things turned out. Ours was the 31st, looking at your pics, i do remember seeing that wedding set up at the lobby terrace, didn't even know we could have it there. Great resort hey! We loved it and are so sad to be home. I still don't have my pics yet, brought a photographer from Toronto and she is still editing but I will post the link on here when we get them!

Thank you so much.  The lobby terrace looks perfect.  Now on to deciding the reception.  My fiance just confirmed the sea side grill is out of our budget too, so we'll have to see about the reception. He really wants the beach.  I'm worried about wind and sand. 

Originally Posted by cgratton View Post

We were just married on March 28th and we had our Cocktail hour on the Lobby Terrace, and I absolutely loved it!  There was a nice breeze and shade for a break from the sun, everyone thought it was a great location!  We had the Mariachi band and the whole hour was incredible, I wished it would have lasted longer.

Our reception was by the Dolphin pool, I would not have changed it at all, it was perfect!  Just enough lights that I didn't have to pay for extra lighting, which you may have to do if you have it on the beach.  Our room faced the beach ceremony location and we saw several beach receptions, and it looked as though they had to rent extra lights. For our reception by the pool, there was just enough wind to keep us cool (but we did luck out with the wind), we also rented the sound system and had our iPod hooked up throughout dinner and after, and there was plenty of room for us to dance and have a blast for a few hours, as well I loved the fact that at the beginning of dinner, we could see the ocean and had the incredible view.  On the other hand, I did see a few receptions at the sea side grille that looked absolutely amazing!  If the wind is strong that night, you could have the wind breaks, and if not, then you could have the entire restaurant open with the nice little breeze.  I would have like the sea side grille (after seeing it for someone elses wedding) but it wasn't in our budget. I included a few pictures of the Lobby Terrace, our cocktail hour on the lobby terrace and a view of our reception by the pool, sorry the last one isn't great quality, but it is the only picture I have of it right now.  Hope this helps a little.

post-16798-138622232291_thumb.jpg

post-16798-138622232367_thumb.jpg

post-16798-138622232372_thumb.jpg

post-16798-138622232375_thumb.jpg