The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

We secretly got married the week prior to leaving for Mexico- it was so worth it.  We will celebrate our anniversary on the date we got "married" in mexico, and it saved us about $500 bucks.  It didn't make me any less or more nervous the day I wore that white dress though!

Unfortunately I let my mother-in-law read my review, I forgot I had it in there what we did- so now she knows... errrurgh 

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on the forum since my wedding back in June (i needed a bit of a break after some rocky moments). Anyway, i wanted to let ya'll know that i posted my review of Dreams Tulum here: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/products/dreams-tulum-resort-spa-all-inclusive

and my wedding photos are here if anyone is interested: http://theportwalls.shutterfly.com/wedding

below are two of my favorites:

Full_0088.jpgFull_0132.JPG

Clinicalgal- Thank you SO MUCH for your very detailed review. I've probably read every single Dreams Tulum wedding review there is in the last year and I'd say this one actually cleared up a lot of minor questions I had (such as champagne is free by the glass at the bar = not paying for additional people during cocktail hour...or the champagne. i'll just have a friend go to the bar and say have 70 glasses of champagne ready for us right after the ceremony hahaha) Yeah right. They will still charge me $6 per person for each additional glass of champage for the toast huh. Bastards I tell you.  And painting your flowers? Wow...that's just very embarassing on their part. I asked for a specific color of purple rose, and now I need to ask if I'm getting this rose in the natural or painted form! At least I know that's a question I actually have to inquire about..

I also hired DJ Doremixx. What time was your ceremony at? Ours is at 3 and I feel bad having him come for the ceremony just to use his speakers if he has to wait until 6:30 for the reception, so I'm thinking of just paying for the speaker and microphone from the resort for ceremony only.

What time did dinner start? When I emailed Aurora she stated very matter of factly that the reception is only 3 hours and I have to pay for every person XX for the hour afterwards even though DJ is 4 hours? They can really piss a bride off. If dinner starts at 6:30, I don't care if the servers and food and alcohol stops at 9:30, I want to keep dancing until 10:30 and NOT pay anything extra. We're already renting out Seaside Grill. Honestly...

Hopefully you'll check the forum sometime soon to answer some of these questions. But I understand if not, you're married, no reason to come on here as much anymore.

By the way, Beautiful photos!!

Hi Leslie, thanks for the kind words :) Our ceremony began at 5pm, cocktail hour from 6-7, and reception at 7. Dinner was unfortunately not served until 8pm but i was prepared for things to not go the way i wanted on their side (b/c of how everything else had been going) so i asked Ivan to play dance music throughout dinner. It actually worked out great because people danced and ate as they liked, otherwise we would have had to wait until the end of dinner, after 9, and would have only had a little time to dance. From what i heard, the wedding coordinators will give you the extra hour so the reception can last until 10:30 if you keep asking for it. That's what we did, we just kept pressing them and saying that we don't need wait staff there, we don't need anything, we'll have the dj and rented out the space so we want to stay until 10:30. Eventually Anabel (our coordinator) gave in and said it was fine. We ended up having the reception from 7 - 10:30, which was a good amount of time. It's nice that you're starting a half hour earlier so you'll have more time to celebrate :) I really think she'll say it's fine if you keep asking. Good luck and i know you and your hubby to be will have a blast!  It's definitely about all you make of it and easy to have a wonderful time when surrounded by loved ones! :) :)

okay so i heard from the whoever is answering the emails at dreams tulum and was told that if i brought my own cupcake tower and cupcake liners, i could have cupcakes as my cake! just an idea, if someone starts a cupcake tower and leaves it down there for future brides ( thats if your not going to use it or if you don't want to lug it back to the states) or if they even let you do that! ( just an idea...:)

Clincalgal~

Your dress is beautiful!! Your review really opened my eyes to things.  We are trying to decide between flowers at the resort or ordering real touch flowers.  Also we are still up in the air if we should hire a DJ or use the equipment at the resort.  Thank you so much for the review.

~ Danni

Wow Clinicalgal thank-you for such a detailed review! You looked gorgeous in your dress, and the pics turned out great! Sorry to hear about your fall, that must have been really stressful so close to the wedding.

We're gonna put our LEDs for our lanterns together ahead of time so we get the number we want in each one. Sounds like they're jacking up the price for the sound system... :( Not sure what we're gonna do there...

Thanks Clinicalgal

Originally Posted by curtney17 View Post

is there an extra fee to hire and have dj doremixx to come to the resort?!?

I actually sent them an email asking the exact same question, so I'll let you know whatever I hear back.

Clinicalgal - thanks for such a detailed review!  So sorry that you got injured -- but if it helps any, you cant tell at all in your pictures.  You looked beautiful!