The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

I heard back from Turtle Bay Cafe this morning....it's $4 per person for the cupcakes (so one each) plus the cost of flowers and delivery....she didn't give an approx price for that part. We have decided to just go with the cake that comes in the package since there's dessert included on top of the cake. If you want to contact them the email addy is: turtlebaycafe@gmail.com

Oh I have seen Del Sol's work, and it's amazing! I'm sure you'll be super happy with their work!

Originally Posted by curtney17 View Post

sounds great! i look foward to hearing if they will do cupcakes or not. maybe if they get enough requests they will give in! for the photography we hired del sol photography, when i first saw their photos i couldn't stop stalking them!! lol. have you ever checked them out?? their work is AMAZING!!

Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 View Post

I know this has surely been covered but I'm not ambitious enough to start searching through the thread.....before I get to ahead of myself I want to make sure that you are allowed to bring an outside photographer to Dreams.....and what is the outside vendor fee??? Please and thank you :)

Hi Barbiegirl,

We hired an outside photographer for our wedding, Samuel Luna.  He did a great, fabulous, fantastic, beautiful job- and yes we paid $90 for a full day pass for him.

Originally Posted by DanniS View Post

What is everyone doing for flowers?  Using the flowers from the resort or ordering elsewhere?  Trying to decide if we should use the flowers from the resort since they are offered in the packages or order somewhere else or do real touch flowers???? Decisions decisions!!

The flowers from the resort were AMAZING.  I didn't care too much about the flowers, so I didn't really specify what I wanted them to look like- but when I saw them I was amazed at how beautiful, fresh and colorful they were.  They were perfect and included in the package ;-)

Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post

Hi Barbiegirl,

We hired an outside photographer for our wedding, Samuel Luna.  He did a great, fabulous, fantastic, beautiful job- and yes we paid $90 for a full day pass for him.

Thanks for the info...will be adding it to the budget!! :)

From what I've heard, you can do that, but only if you're downgrading (wanting silver but paying for gold)

does anyone know if you can trade any "menu" options ( like say) Im going to do the ultimate wedding package. but i like the menu options on the silver menu as opposed to the gold menu, are those exchangeable?!?

I've got a question about civil ceremonies... I've searched the thread and cant seem to find the answer to this one.

The wedding packages all say that they include the services of a judge or minister.  Does this mean that we need to pay extra for the blood test, judge transportation, birth certificate translation and wedding certificate translation?

I'm assuming the answer is yes, but hoping someone who's already been married at DT can confirm!  Thanks :)

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin View Post

I've got a question about civil ceremonies... I've searched the thread and cant seem to find the answer to this one.

The wedding packages all say that they include the services of a judge or minister.  Does this mean that we need to pay extra for the blood test, judge transportation, birth certificate translation and wedding certificate translation?

I'm assuming the answer is yes, but hoping someone who's already been married at DT can confirm!  Thanks :)

Yep, you have to pay for all that. The prices are somewhere near the front of the thread. I am not sure on the prices, but I think it's like $260 for the blood test, $100 for judge transportation and could be upwards to $500 for translations (but that's done once you get back to the States so it depends on who you find). Overall, it ends up costing anywhere from $300-800 extra. That's why a lot of girls choose to forgo the civil ceremony and just secretly get married either right before or after their destination wedding. I'm sure another girl has the exact amount but it's pretty costly. And you have to get the blood test done a few days beforehand (maybe 4) so that might make you stay at the hotel even longer (more money!).

Thanks!  All those prices are listed in the guide, so its around $500 extra in total.  A lot of things listed separately in the guide are already included in the package though so it was hard to tell if this was. 

Secretly getting married first is looking more and more appealing everyday lol.  The translations back and forth between English and Spanish sound like a pain too. 

Originally Posted by OceanWonderland View Post

Yep, you have to pay for all that. The prices are somewhere near the front of the thread. I am not sure on the prices, but I think it's like $260 for the blood test, $100 for judge transportation and could be upwards to $500 for translations (but that's done once you get back to the States so it depends on who you find). Overall, it ends up costing anywhere from $300-800 extra. That's why a lot of girls choose to forgo the civil ceremony and just secretly get married either right before or after their destination wedding. I'm sure another girl has the exact amount but it's pretty costly. And you have to get the blood test done a few days beforehand (maybe 4) so that might make you stay at the hotel even longer (more money!).

does anyone know if you can trade any "menu" options ( like say) Im going to do the ultimate wedding package. but i like the menu options on the silver menu as opposed to the gold menu, are those exchangeable?!?

Yes they are exchangeable- you either have to pay the difference if you are upgrading for every person.  Or if you are "downgrading" (I only use that term for pricing purposes, the silver menu is just as delicious as the gold menu and not "downgrading" by any means) you would have to pay the "gold menu price" for the first 20 guests (that is included in the ultimate package- there are no exchanges for those things)- but then the guests in addition to the 20- that you would only have to pay the additional $55 instead of $65 (or whatever the price per person is this year).  Does that make sense?