The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWonderland View Post
This is a question for any girls married recently: If dinner reception started at 6:30, did they let it continue until 10:30? Did you have to pay extra for this? Or did they really cut you off at 9:30?

Also, how long does it take overall to serve dinner? I want to have adequate time for dancing.
Our reception was scheduled to start at 6:00, though we started closer to 6:30 since we took our time moseying from cocktail hour. They definitely cut us off at 9:30. We all felt that we would have liked more time for dancing (dinner took close to 2 hours), so if you have a dancing crowd you may consider extending your reception. We never asked what the cost was to do that.

They didn't exactly kick us out of the reception area, but they cleared the tables and broke down the sound system. Afterwards, most of us went for a swim and then hung out at the bar near Seaside Grill.

maybe I just won't have a cocktail hour. I'm having my reseption in the ballroom, even if I paid, I don't know if they'd let me stay an extra hour, the wedding guide states the ballroom closes at 10:30. Hopeful, I can. I don't know what else to do- I want to have speeches, first dance, father/daughter, mother/son dances. We're never gonna have enough time for all that. I'm so made that I let the WC talk me into a 6:00 ceromony, I wanted the 4:00 time slot. Damn her!

Hi all, considering Dreams Tulum for my wedding and wondering if anyone has had any problems with guests unhappy with the 1.5 hour ride transportation from the airport? Or if anyone has had any problems getting guests to the resort? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia625 View Post
Hi all, considering Dreams Tulum for my wedding and wondering if anyone has had any problems with guests unhappy with the 1.5 hour ride transportation from the airport? Or if anyone has had any problems getting guests to the resort? Thanks!
Ourselves, nor any of our guests had issues with the airport transfers. We used USA Transfers which is a private shuttle service with very reasonable rates, they gave us a group discount. Some of our guests though, used the shared shuttle provided by Expedia and they said it was a breeze and didn't take them that much longer to reach our resort.

Honestly and personally, we liked the secludedness of Dreams Tulum and were very happy with our choice for the resort for our vacation AND our wedding. We went into Playa Del Carmen twice, and I have stayed at a resort in PDC before. There are pros and cons, you are much closer to the action in PDC, but for our wedding we thought that being secluded was a nice touch. You have a long stretch of private beach going in either direction at the beach in front of the resort. In PDC, all the resorts are next to each other and you have masses of people from different resorts on the beach. Plus the Tulum Ruins are right there and that was a group outing we treated our guests to. It just depends on what you envision. Good luck! Choosing the resort is the hardest part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynreneewed View Post
maybe I just won't have a cocktail hour. I'm having my reseption in the ballroom, even if I paid, I don't know if they'd let me stay an extra hour, the wedding guide states the ballroom closes at 10:30. Hopeful, I can. I don't know what else to do- I want to have speeches, first dance, father/daughter, mother/son dances. We're never gonna have enough time for all that. I'm so made that I let the WC talk me into a 6:00 ceromony, I wanted the 4:00 time slot. Damn her!
We had a first dance, mother/son dance, speeches by multiple guests, throwing of the garter, throwing of the bouquet, cake cutting, dinner and dancing and it all worked out. We did continue the party at the disco afterwards until closing. Dinner seemed to take a long time, so we did the speeches during dinner. Then we did kind of go down the line and get the above mentioned special moments done first and right away so that we could all just relax and dance the rest of the night away. Let me tell you after the disco, many of our guests and bridal party kept hanging out at the lobby bar and on the terrace, but I was so pooped from all the day's preparations that I was the first to go to bed! It will seem long enough by the end of your day. Either way you go, be rest assured it will all work out beautifully. You can't go wrong!

Renee I'm sorry to hear about your timing troubles. If you don't mind seeing your groom beforehand, I would recommend pictures before. My photographer says that doing pics before (having a "first look" moment) is a great way to get one of a kind photos that most brides don't get. If you are curious, look up first look photos on google and you'll see what kinds of images you can get. You could do photos with your bridal party beforehand too, and leave photos with your guests till after so they will still be surprised to see you in your dress when you are coming down the isle. Just a suggestion! :)

Also, if you want to continue partying past 10:30, the disco seems to be a pretty fun time for other brides who've been married at DT. That's where I"m planning to have most of my dancing, since we are just having a reception dinner at one of the restaurants (not private since there's only 12 of us including photographer).

I hope it all works out for you, and I look forward to seeing you there!!! We should definitely meet up for a drink. :)

Hey ladies, I have not done my review yet, but will! In the meantime, I wanted to share the photos from the photo session with the resort photographer Rueben. We almost didn't even use the resort photog because we hired Ivan Luckie for our photography, but boy were we super impressed!!!! He did a fantastic job! Since it was included with our wedding package we went ahead and used it for a group photo session the day before the wedding. Just click on my link here and ALL of the photos from the slideshow are from the resort photographer. Once on the webpage, click on the full screen button on the lower right hand side of the flickr set.

Congratulations to all our recent Brides and Good Luck to all our upcoming Brides. cheer2.gif

Just a quick update on our post wedding service from Dreams, we received our wedding certificate translation on Thursday 1st July, thats just over 3 months from our wedding day.

Also upcoming Brides might find it useful to check out my excursions in the Riviera Maya Review to help with planning your sightseeing and budgeting.

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ra-maya-61106/

Happy Planning.

Hi Ladies,

I just got married at DT in May and I'm waiting for my marriage certificate to come in the mail so I can legally change my name-I'm starting a new job and I need new Identification ASAP. Initially I was told one month...but I'm going on two--when I called Anabel, she said it could take 4 months?!?

Anyone know more about this? I so appreciate the help!!