The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

I have a question. Now that it seems the only option for a reception is to pay mega $$$ (for those with a guest list above 20) for the gold and silver menu are any of you planning on doing a rehearsal dinner or something to welcome all the guests? I wanted to do a bonfire but it doesn't sound like that is an option any longer frown.gif

Also, I am not sure if this has been answered lately, but does anyone know what the nightly schedule of events is? i.e. Mexican and Caribbean fiestas, fire dancers, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&A2010 View Post
I have a question. Now that it seems the only option for a reception is to pay mega $$$ (for those with a guest list above 20) for the gold and silver menu are any of you planning on doing a rehearsal dinner or something to welcome all the guests? I wanted to do a bonfire but it doesn't sound like that is an option any longer frown.gif
Also, I am not sure if this has been answered lately, but does anyone know what the nightly schedule of events is? i.e. Mexican and Caribbean fiestas, fire dancers, etc.
Hey,

I am going with the ultimate package and it includes the gold menu, it s looking like i will have over 20 guests so i will be paying extra. I will be doing the free rehearsal dinner, but from what i have read the rehersal dinners can cost an average of 25 per person if you are renting a private space.

As for the activities schedule i also am looking for this information all i can find is the following:

It's a wonderful time to mix, mingle or just reflect on all the ways you'll spend tomorrow. Each evening you can enjoy:

* Moonlit theme parties
* Outstanding music and shows
* Dancing to great bands
* Big screen outdoor movies on the beach... and lots of other surprises

Sorry i couldn't help you more, i guess if you are going with the gold or silver menu it will cost a lot with extra guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&A2010 View Post
I am getting married on a Saturday and was told by the WC that the fire dancers are on that night. I think someone once mentioned that the Mexican fiesta was on Fridays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amymarie View Post
I am having a hard time finding pictures taken from the photographer at the resort. Does anyone know of someone who has used this photographer or a page number on this thread with pictures.

Thanks,
Aurora told me I should contact the photography service that is included in the package. I got an email back from ll Grupo Digitale and they gave me this link www.ilgruppodigitale.com
There are samples of their work from Tulum. I will say that some of the samples I saw looked a little outdated.
I saw some some pictures of one of the brides on this forum taken within the last year on the Dreams Tulum facebook account. I know she posted the pictures here as well but I can't remember her name. User Dreams425 also used the resort photographer.
One other point that I believe has been mentioned before is that I don't think there is only one photographer that works the resort. The samples we see might not be the photographer we get.
Check out page 1 of Sunbride's review. She posted the links of most reviews and photos. In the summary that we all filled out and posted here people usually state whether they used the resort photographer or someone from the outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzygirl85 View Post
I am getting married on a Saturday and was told by the WC that the fire dancers are on that night. I think someone once mentioned that the Mexican fiesta was on Fridays.
So are you planning on having your reception move over to where the entertainment is to watch the fire dancers? If so, how are you planning that transition? How many people are attending your wedding/reception?
Hmmm.... I wonder if that is every Saturday night or just the week you will be there. Thanks for the info!

I think the fire dancers are every Saturday. Dreams resorts are pretty predictable in terms of entertainment. They have 7 days worth of it, and it just goes on repeat (karaoke, fire dancers, comedy, fiesta, etc). I don't know the schedule for every day, but I'd rest assured that they will continue with fire dances on Saturdays. I think it would be cool to walk your wedding group over to watch! That'd be fun :)

Also, for any of you girls getting married soon (or have just got married in 2010), did any of you inquire about the $20 menu? I know a lot of you have the silver or gold package and that includes up to 20 guests, but I'm hoping someone might be in a similar situation to mine where I have a whole lot of guests coming and the $20 menu would definitely help the budget. Not looking forward to potentially spending 5K on dinner reception. I know one girl mentioned she somehow got the $20 menu in January, but she didn't say how, so it sounds like it MIGHT still be an option, but I'm hoping other brides ended up getting it as well.

Sorry to bug you guys again but no one answered my question the first time... was wondering what previous brides did and/or future brides planned to do?

"I'm thinking of decorating the canopy on the beach. What do I do? Do I just buy yards of tulle from the fabric street and the WC knows how to drape it? Or do I need to make it into some shape? I'm totally lost."

THANKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanWonderland View Post
I think the fire dancers are every Saturday. Dreams resorts are pretty predictable in terms of entertainment. They have 7 days worth of it, and it just goes on repeat (karaoke, fire dancers, comedy, fiesta, etc). I don't know the schedule for every day, but I'd rest assured that they will continue with fire dances on Saturdays. I think it would be cool to walk your wedding group over to watch! That'd be fun :)

Also, for any of you girls getting married soon (or have just got married in 2010), did any of you inquire about the $20 menu? I know a lot of you have the silver or gold package and that includes up to 20 guests, but I'm hoping someone might be in a similar situation to mine where I have a whole lot of guests coming and the $20 menu would definitely help the budget. Not looking forward to potentially spending 5K on dinner reception. I know one girl mentioned she somehow got the $20 menu in January, but she didn't say how, so it sounds like it MIGHT still be an option, but I'm hoping other brides ended up getting it as well.
Hi OceanWonderland!
I'm getting married on May 21st, and we're having about 50 people come. So I did want to pick the $20pp option, Aurora said that wasn't available, only the silver or gold option. bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisgirl View Post
"I'm thinking of decorating the canopy on the beach. What do I do? Do I just buy yards of tulle from the fabric street and the WC knows how to drape it? Or do I need to make it into some shape? I'm totally lost."

THANKS!!!
Hi!
I am just bringing a bunch of tulle, I am unsure of how much I need so I'm just bringing two spools of it. The WC will have to decorate the canopy =) I'm assuming they know how to do it, it looks like every bride has the canopy decorated!