The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourvm View Post
Thanks Michelle. I did not know the no music/dancing policy in the wine cellar. I never thought about doing our first dance before the reception - that might be the solution. Just out of curiosity, how are you planning on introducing the first dance?

Thanks again!
-V
My Fi's brother is taking his guitar and portable amp down to play for our wedding ceremony and first dance. He will prob just say something or start to play as we take our places to dance? It's all going to be very informal and with only 15 of us it won't be too difficult to get everyones attention.

Good luck with everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourvm View Post
Hi Blkatz, I just checked out Dreams425 wedding review and she had her wedding on the beach - she did have a few pictures in front of the chapel.

Michelle - Are you planning on decorating the chapel for your ceremony? If so, can you share? I'm thinking flowers on the benches but I decide if I want organza on the benches as well? and also thinking about adding flowers that hang from the lights?

Thanks.
Hi we are not decorating the chapel, I love the way it looks anyway but also our airline is super strict about luggage allowance and our budget won't stretch to include any Dreams "added extras".

We are having the ultimate package and have chosen the ceremony centrepiece with candles ( which im told by Aurora you have to supply thecandles for!)
Im also putting out fans, programs and maracas to shake at the kiss, which I dont really consider decor but will hopefully look nice!

In terms of decor ideas for yourself I would only recommend using decor that can then be transferredto your reception, eg tulle re-used as chair bows, pew flowers as centrepieces etc.

Good luck with the planning

So I'm still having a problem with the lighting issue. My reception was moved from the dolphin pool to the relaxed pool, where I don't see any lights!! Aurora said I could buy luminaries for $2 USD...I'm not sure exactly how much light those will give off...

Does anyone have any thoughts on this-

Buying numerous Floralytes (Cheap LED Party 'Floralytes' $1.34 Wholesale LED Submersible Lights) and putting them in little glass candle holders, then filling the candle holder with crystal fibers or diamond vase filler...

Think this is a good idea for lighting, or stupid/waste of $ idea? Am I thinking too much into the lighting situation?? undecided.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post
So I'm still having a problem with the lighting issue. My reception was moved from the dolphin pool to the relaxed pool, where I don't see any lights!! Aurora said I could buy luminaries for $2 USD...I'm not sure exactly how much light those will give off...
Buying numerous Floralytes (Cheap LED Party 'Floralytes' $1.34 Wholesale LED Submersible Lights) and putting them in little glass candle holders, then filling the candle holder with crystal fibers or diamond vase filler...

Think this is a good idea for lighting, or stupid/waste of $ idea? Am I thinking too much into the lighting situation?? undecided.gif
I'm having my reception at the adult pool as well. I hired a dj who is bringing some of his own lighting for the booth which may help with the lighting situation. Also i think they can set up lights around any nearby trees. The luminaries don't really help but they do create a nice ambiance around the reception area.

I was thinking of making my own little floralyte things and putting them in paper lanterns, but i just didn't feel like spending the money or the time on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AchiCAp0547 View Post

Hi. I've asked a few times what lighting options they have and their cost...they have light columns (whatever they are). Anyhow, I sent another email today asking for pictures and prices. I'm hoping they have something like the photos on the dreams riviera cancun site (Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa) check the last two photos.

I will post their response once I have it.

tt

Hi ladies,

I'm thinking of decorating the canopy on the beach. What do I do? Do I just buy yards of tulle from the fabric street and the WC knows how to drape it? Or do I need to make it into some shape? I'm totally lost.

Though I'm happy to report I'm making progress on my decoration thanks to fellow members =)

I was just wondering about money cards that people may bring to the wedding. Are any of you having a box that people can drop the envelopes in or are you putting someone in charge of collecting them? If someone is collecting them, how will you let your guests know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzygirl85 View Post
I was just wondering about money cards that people may bring to the wedding. Are any of you having a box that people can drop the envelopes in or are you putting someone in charge of collecting them? If someone is collecting them, how will you let your guests know?
Most of our guests didn't even bring purses to the ceremony and reception! All of ours mailed gifts/cards before the wedding, so we didn't even think about people bringing them down to Mexico. My grandmother wanted to give us something on our wedding day, but she did that while I was getting ready in my room. I wouldn't worry about it, I don't think that many people would travel to Mexico with those kinds of things :)