Photo

Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides!

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#61 cowman1999

cowman1999
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:43 AM

We are up to 25 total right now and looking to be just around 30 total. From what i heard they should be able to handle us no problem. I'm just happy to finally have everyone booked...

#62 cowman1999

cowman1999
    • 107 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:32 PM

We have the Gold Excellence Package booked for the wedding. The dinner and cocktail party state that they are for 20 people and we have 25 booked to be there. How is this handled? Is there going to be extra fees for the 5 extra people? It'd be nice if they just let us slide by.

#63 endlesslove

endlesslove
      • 362 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:30 AM

It would be nice, wouldn't it? But of course, they don't. If I remember correctly, it's about $40 a person for any over 20.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by cowman1999
        We have the Gold Excellence Package booked for the wedding. The dinner and cocktail party state that they are for 20 people and we have 25 booked to be there. How is this handled? Is there going to be extra fees for the 5 extra people? It'd be nice if they just let us slide by.

#64 Kellykm7

Kellykm7
        • 21 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

Last I was told was $45/head for any over 20 for the reception. Some resorts also tack on a 10% tax and 15% service fee per person, so really $45 a person, is $56.25/person. Not a huge difference but something to maybe be aware of. Anyone have any specific numbers on the reception dollars?

From what I understand, some reosrts also charge per head (over 20) for the cocktail hour and hor'dorves reception. I have no idea how much that is and have been trying to get those numbers as well.

If anyone has that info, please pass along!! Thanks ladies!!

#65 cowman1999

cowman1999
          • 107 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

Hmm.. sure wish they would have these numbers posted on the wedding page with the packages. Maybe I could've cut a few from our guest list. We're already throwing $2400 at the resort so of course they'll want another $250 or so for 5 more people. And that's just for the dinner? Crazy....

#66 Kellykm7

Kellykm7
            • 21 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

Trust me, we feel the same way. I mean dinner and drinks are supposed to be all-inclusive. I am fine with paying service and gratuity fees, but extra $$for dinner...come on.

We have around 50 probably coming, so I def. have to be more aware of all the costs. It starts adding up quickly.

I am frustrated they do not have the rates publicly posted and I can not seem to get a straight answer. Some of the other resorts will give you a list. The other resort we are looking into has given me all the specifics, it just seems a lot more expensive there, so I want to know all the #'s on both places before we make a decision.

#67 jggm

jggm
              • 27 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

Hi,
                I was told that it will cost $45 for each person over the 20. This includes everything from cocktail hour to reception. The cake will be extra depending on how big you would like it. Does anyone know if you can request different menu items?

#68 FutureMrsRoss

FutureMrsRoss
                • 19 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 11:02 PM

So...I'm seriously considering ERC - but haven't gotten a response from them on anything yet. As such - just a couple of quick questions - do you ladies know what the deposit is to reserve a room (if they don't require a deposit for the wedding, just your confirmation #, I'm assuming there is a deposit or full payment)?
                  Do they allow outside photogs?
                  What is the reception like for the Gold Package? Beach? Private? Semi-Private?

Thanks!!

#69 endlesslove

endlesslove
                  • 362 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:53 PM

I haven't heard anything about a down payment, we're going through a TA.

As for the photographer- outside photographers are allowed. If they aren't staying at the hotel you need to purchase them a day pass.

The reception is private it's held in a room off the lobby I believe. There a shot of it.
                    So...I'm seriously considering ERC - but haven't gotten a response from them on anything yet. As such - just a couple of quick questions - do you ladies know what the deposit is to reserve a room (if they don't require a deposit for the wedding, just your confirmation #, I'm assuming there is a deposit or full payment)?
                    Do they allow outside photogs?
                    What is the reception like for the Gold Package? Beach? Private? Semi-Private?

Thanks!!

#70 cowman1999

cowman1999
                    • 107 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 05:58 AM

We booked through a TA and all we've put down for the resort was a $150 per person deposit. I was told that was enough to hold our room and our wedding date. Veronica then sent us a confirmation # for what that's worth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users