Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an email from September 22 from Veronica saying that we could choose two main course meal options for our guests. Well, I emailed her the other day asking when she needed to know our guests meal choices by so I can plan invitation wording and RSVPs. She wrote back saying that we decide when we meet with her before the wedding and that we pick one option for everyone unless someone is a vegetarian or has an allergy. I emailed back asking if something changed recently since I have an email from 9/22 saying that we could choose two options. I haven't heard back yet though.

What the heck? Has anyone else gotten any information from her about meal options? It's hard to expect that a large group of people will all like the same meal!

• 2 months later...

Oh, I have everything saved since I first started talking to Noemi, the last WC, last July! I've had to forward emails to Veronica that she previous wrote to me in order to clarify conflicting info from her a few times already.

About the meal thing, that was a few months ago, but I had to email her twice to get an answer. I forwarded her the email she sent me in September saying that we could choose two meal options for our guests. She finally wrote back saying that we could give our guests options to choose from, but I'd have to let her know in advance. But she told you that you don't have to choose? I don't really get what I need to do about meals still.

I still haven't sent out my invitations yet, mostly because of this meal ordeal. I don't know if I should have people specify their meal choice on their reply card or not. I'm afraid that if they choose their meals and then Veronica changes what she said again, my guests will be annoyed that they didn't get the dinner they chose.

Is anyone having their guests specify meal preferences on their reply cardshuh.gif

Hi girls,

I'm new to the forum so just wanted to share my experience with Veronica. My wedding will be on April 23rd of 2009 (very soon) and I'm getting more and more frustrated with the whole planning, especially Veronica and her silly policies.

No matter what you ask her everything is "nonrefundable or exchangeable" (that's according to her). I said I don't need photographer because I have my own, so let me have more video coverage and I will pay the difference, but she said no because items are "nonrefundable or exchangeable". I said I don't want that cruise which is included in the package but she said "nonrefundable or exchangeable". Lastly I asked for few flowers to the bridesmaid instead of corsages and again "nonrefundable or exchangeable".

I feel that they sell those packages as "one size fits all" and have absolutely no flexibility and don't care what the customer actually wants or needs. Different people have different needs and they should have more flexibility.

My friend got married there two years ago, had a different planner at that time and totally different experience. I'm starting to feel sorry that I chose this resort, but it's too late now.

I haven't even discussed the menu with her yet. Looks like I am the one who does all the planning and she just says yes or no. She doesn't ask me anything. I hope my orchids arrive in time since they have to ship them and she didn't ask me before.

Other than that, we will have a ceremony at the beach location and reception in the balcony at the foyer. Only 16 guests. I booked the guitar player for the ceremony to play some romantic music, Mariachi trio for the late evening, also audio speakers from the company that they provide and I still need to book the videographer (havent' decided which option to take yet).

It seems like a lot of brides are getting mixed information from veronica, and it's frustrating! I have each and every email ever sent from her and Naomi just in case. How much is she charging your for orchids? I asked for a few maybe 3 or 4 added to my bouquet and she told me it would be $150 extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egle View Post
Hi girls,

I'm new to the forum so just wanted to share my experience with Veronica. My wedding will be on April 23rd of 2009 (very soon) and I'm getting more and more frustrated with the whole planning, especially Veronica and her silly policies.

No matter what you ask her everything is "nonrefundable or exchangeable" (that's according to her). I said I don't need photographer because I have my own, so let me have more video coverage and I will pay the difference, but she said no because items are "nonrefundable or exchangeable". I said I don't want that cruise which is included in the package but she said "nonrefundable or exchangeable". Lastly I asked for few flowers to the bridesmaid instead of corsages and again "nonrefundable or exchangeable".

I feel that they sell those packages as "one size fits all" and have absolutely no flexibility and don't care what the customer actually wants or needs. Different people have different needs and they should have more flexibility.

My friend got married there two years ago, had a different planner at that time and totally different experience. I'm starting to feel sorry that I chose this resort, but it's too late now.

I haven't even discussed the menu with her yet. Looks like I am the one who does all the planning and she just says yes or no. She doesn't ask me anything. I hope my orchids arrive in time since they have to ship them and she didn't ask me before.

Other than that, we will have a ceremony at the beach location and reception in the balcony at the foyer. Only 16 guests. I booked the guitar player for the ceremony to play some romantic music, Mariachi trio for the late evening, also audio speakers from the company that they provide and I still need to book the videographer (havent' decided which option to take yet).

veronica and i really started making decisions the week before the wedding. she would email me a couple of times a day to ask me questions. i did not have bridemaids so i used the flowers for the reception table. i used the other photographer also, even though i had my own. i figured it couldnt hurt to have more pictures. also, the price seems to change when you get there. when i got there she told me a dj would only be 250 dollars. also she had quoted me a price for speakers ahead of time which was 200 dollars. i told her no. then when we got there it was only 75 dollars for the speakers.