Photo

AshleyRose's pink/orange boarding pass STDs - ROUGH DRAFT - Feedback?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 lhsing

lhsing
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

wow! it looks great! was it a lot of work? i was thinking about doing something similar... and was wondering if you cut everything by hand or...?

#22 seaprincess

seaprincess
    • 753 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

Pretty colours! Good luck!
      Lindsay and Jamie - January 28, 2009

#23 Emily&Matt

Emily&Matt
      • 144 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

I think you have done a fabulous job! Love the colors! I don't think it's too much info. Not everyone uses the internet.

#24 ashrose

ashrose
        • 422 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

Wow! This thread exploded overnight. Thanks for all the comments.

I would have used photoshop... but my laptop doesn't have it and I don't have the money to buy it again... so I just used MSFT Word (07).

To make the background, I found a pretty textile print that I liked (from here: Indian Textile Patterns,Designs for Fashion Designers,For Housewives) and put it into word and colorized it to make it white. I really didn't think the shape looked like what I wanted, so I actually took two of the designs and manipulated them around to get a pattern that I liked. I used the freeform shape tool to draw the funky wavy shape and filed it with a gradient. I used the snipping tool in Windows Vista to do a "screen capture" and made the two in to one graphic.

To make the boarding pass shape, I used the rounded-corner square tool and made two of them... one long and one short... and put them together. I then made a white square to temporarily hide the intersecting lines. I took another screen capture to make it one graphic and then made the white area transparent so I could put my background in it.

There really is an easier way to do it, but I was ticked that I didn't have the right tool and did what I could using Word.

I'll post the template shortly. The fonts that I used were Calbri and Blackjack (blackjack from dafont.com).

#25 ashrose

ashrose
          • 422 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:57 PM

Here's the template. I included four versions in that document:

1. The pink/orange background with the outline.
            2. A blank outline in case you want to use your own background.
            3. An outline with the background the brown bottom border -- as I used it.
            4. A sample (my first page) using the fonts/text boxes where I had them.

I used two non-standard fonts that you will want to install:

Blackjack
            Black Jack Font | dafont.com

and

Fleurons (for the little symbol on the side). Just pick a dingbat font you like and put a little icon in between the date/location if you choose.

Let me know if you have any questions. I haven't printed them yet... so I will let you know how the final product turns out later. :)

Hope that helps!

(i like that guy)

Attached Files

#26 lhsing

lhsing
            • 25 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

wow - these are beautiful!

in terms of colors, i think it would depend on which one is your primary vs. accent color. i would use your primary color for the pocket.

#27 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,368 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

My aunt and uncle are missionaries in Kenya and I know they have a terrible time accessing the internet. If you feel it's too much info for everyone (which I don't because I think the more info the better), then just send the ones with more info to the missionaries and the first two tickets to everyone else.

They look great!

#28 samanthag

samanthag
                • 896 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

WoW!!!

They look awesome!!!

#29 ashrose

ashrose
                  • 422 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:13 PM

As an FYI... I'm playing around with sending a STD boarding pass and passport ... I haven't yet played around with to the passport enough to know if I'll actually do it... but stay tuned. I want to give more information because we've been talking to his family and their response is "we can do a vacation in cancun cheaper than the resort"

... I don't have it in my budget to pay for 50 guest passes cause they want to save 300 dollars that they will end up spending by staying at a non AI.

#30 dmarie17

dmarie17
                    • 276 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

Those are gorgeous! Great job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users