Photo

ROR Beach Arches

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Danniellou

Danniellou
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:02 PM

Does anyone have any pricing or pics of the ROR beach arches? It seems that most brides have opted for the gazebo over the arches and I was wondering if there is any overwhelming reason why. The gazebo is beautiful, but the FI and I really like the idea of getting married directly on the beach. If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

#2 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
    • 215 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

I think the basic bamboo arch was like $800 or something stupid, that's why we picked the (free) gazeebo. I was pretty choked when there were maintenance men running around during my wedding setting up the arch beside the gazebo. They're in all of our pictures. Grrrrr...

Click the image to open in full size.

#3 Danniellou

Danniellou
      • 815 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

You would think that for as many weddings as they do, that they would know better! (Honestly I didn't notice the man in the background at first, but I would still be angry!)Thanks for the info, now I understand why the gazebo is so popular.

#4 albertabride

albertabride
        • 78 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

That sucks that they ended up in your pics! Are the decorations in your picture the free, or did you have to pay for that?
          [FONT="Century Gothic"]

#5 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
          • 215 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:17 AM

I didn't pay to upgrade the gazebo decorations. We had a bunch of birds of paradise on either side of the gazebo with the pink fabric wrapped around. I didn't ask for pink fabric, I thought the white tulle was the standard (that's what Nikisha showed me) and actually, I would have prefered white, but the white tulle was needed for the arch next to us apparently, so I got a frayed old piece of pink fabric (thank goodness no one but me could see the unfinished edges!) Whoever was getting married after us at the arch must have spent a lot more money than we did because they got the VIP treatment and we got maintenance men in our pictures!! The free set-up can include the palm leaf arch inside of the gazebo but I didn't see a single wedding use it the whole week I was there.

#6 Danniellou

Danniellou
            • 815 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

So I guess if you get the free decorations, you can't request any colors? Is that how that works?

#7 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
              • 215 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:02 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Danniellou
                So I guess if you get the free decorations, you can't request any colors? Is that how that works?
                What colors are you talking about? If you're talking about flowers then no, you don't get a choice with the free decorations.

#8 Danniellou

Danniellou
                • 815 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 12:46 PM

I meant with the flowers as well as the fabric.

#9 kater

kater
                  • 77 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:32 PM

I'm curious about that too, if you go with the free decorations, can you request specific colors of fabric? As for the arches, we decided against them because the prices I've seen in other threads have been pretty outrageous!

#10 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
                    • 215 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 09:01 AM

There isn't really any color selection for fabric. The standard that they show you is white tulle. I think they only reason they'd have anything else is because someone else left it behind. If you want something specific, I'd bring it yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users