Signed up for a photography class!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

Oh that should be fun! That's something I wanted to do that right after college but never followed through. I was just telling Joe I'd like to take some classes for the fun of it. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll do great!

#22 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

I was way too prepared. My lens still hasn't arrived, so I borrowed a friends last night. I had a crash course last night in photography. I read the entire camera manual & practiced everything. I was really worried I would be lost for the first class because I had so little time with my camera. Instead I might have been the most prepared in the class. Many people hadn't bought their cameras yet. We covered all the basics today that I crammed into my head last night.

Next week we head outside & start taking pictures. Today we only took pictures of the instructor walking. I won't bother posting those.

My homework is to take a self portrait. I want to try doing something cool with my shadow. I took a picture once of my shadow on the beach that turned out nice. I'm not sure how to recreate that effect though. I know it was really sunny & midday. I'll have to pay attention to the sun & shadows this week.

The other assignment is to take a picture of someone at night with a lot of artificial lights behind them.

These are due in 2 weeks.

#23 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 26 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

Cool! I saw you on this morning and I was abut to search for this post to ask you how it went. You beat me to it! A self portrait interesting. I usually only take self portraits when I'm drunk lol I can't wait to see your photo though incorporating the shadow. You're so creative!

#24 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

this is what I had in mind. but, with my shadow cast across something that represents me somehow. Like a distinctive building on duke campus. or a trail I enjoy hiking.

Click the image to open in full size.

#25 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Raeka
          Cool! I saw you on this morning and I was abut to search for this post to ask you how it went. You beat me to it! A self portrait interesting. I usually only take self portraits when I'm drunk lol I can't wait to see your photo though incorporating the shadow. You're so creative!
          I'm going to try to keep my blog updated with what I'm learning in class. There is a link in my siggy to it.

OK off to look for my shadow like a groudhog.

#26 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

this is cool. if i can find a reflective surface that has something to do with me. My car might be shiny enough. hmmm, maybe mike wants to wax it :)

#27 amym567

amym567
            • 403 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

Love that shot in the motorcycle! I'm also trying to learn how to use my DRebel. I'm doing an online class through BigPictureScrapbooking.com. Hard to do it online though~ I would be better off going to a class. Looking forward to seeing your pix!

Amy

#28 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 06:38 PM

Here are my best shadow pics. I adjusted the curves & layers a little different in each. Any feedback on the lightness or darkness of any?

It's probably a cheesy idea, but I was thinking about photoshopping my wedding ring onto the shadow. I took some with my hand up.

4 i think i overdid the curves on this one.

quick pic of my reflection in the car. I'm going to wash off the dirt & take some more.

#29 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

You know what might be a cool idea? Maybe use the car rear view mirror or side mirror to do your reflection. What I liked about the engine reflection is that it had "interest" to the picture. Maybe like cool store window. or water reflecting your image... Something like that. Just an idea.

#30 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TammyB
                    You know what might be a cool idea? Maybe use the car rear view mirror or side mirror to do your reflection. What I liked about the engine reflection is that it had "interest" to the picture. Maybe like cool store window. or water reflecting your image... Something like that. Just an idea.
                    yes, i was thinking if I was a shopper the window of a store would be really cute. But, I'm not a shopper. I do most of my stuff online to avoid going to a store. But, someone carrying bags walking by a shoe store looking in would be a neat picture.

There is definitly nothing interesting with my car door. I just wanted to see how reflective it was. If I do the door picture again I'm going to make it more exciting. I have this imagage in my head that is going to make me look crazy in front of my neighbors.

I saw a cool picture the other day taken from someone's rear view. I'll give it a try.

There are more pictures on my blog now. I photographed mike playing frisbee golf this morning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users