Sign in to follow this  
cheese_diva

Bouquet Idea to Honor Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicomelissa View Post
well we're already doing a 5x7 frame that's inscribed with a poem, i just wonder if that AND the bouquet frame would be too much?
and really, the frame is more for the guests to see. to me, the one on the bouquet is more personal, like knowing she's up there with you when you say your vows. another idea - i wonder how it would look to attach the little frame to the grooms boutonniere (sp?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
and really, the frame is more for the guests to see. to me, the one on the bouquet is more personal, like knowing she's up there with you when you say your vows. another idea - i wonder how it would look to attach the little frame to the grooms boutonniere (sp?)
aw that would be sweet! maybe i'll make up a "trial" bout and attach it and see how it looks...

so I asked my grandma about this and she said she already had something for me to borrow to carry with me, so I guess I won't be doing this. But I really love the idea, I have been trying to figure out how to include my aunt in my ceremony.

Thanks so much for sharing this! I'm totally going to use this for a pic of FI's grandma - she was totally my soulmate and I have been looking for someway to keep her "close to me" at the ceremony.

Quote:
Melissa I totally agree with Ann, it could never be too much.

I lost my mom some years ago and couldn't imagine not walking down the aisle with her pic. While I am not doing the frame, I have located a really tiny paper scrap book where I will affix the pics of my mom and some other family member to it. I will also light a memorial candle and have a pic displayed of us together.

If I wasn't afraid of making everyone cry I'd do even more!

Angela, thanks for sharing. When I was looking for a tiny frame I couldn't find one other than an expensive on. This is so reasonable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMO View Post
Melissa I totally agree with Ann, it could never be too much.

I lost my mom some years ago and couldn't imagine not walking down the aisle with her pic. While I am not doing the frame, I have located a really tiny paper scrap book where I will affix the pics of my mom and some other family member to it. I will also light a memorial candle and have a pic displayed of us together.

If I wasn't afraid of making everyone cry I'd do even more!
oh girl let 'em cry! hehe that sounds beautiful! :)

Quote:
this is a great idea, I'd love to do this for FI without telling him and put a pic of his little brother that passed away, I think he'd really love it!woot.gif