Sign in to follow this  
Kristy!

Is American Airlines frustrating anyone else?

I'm a fan of American Airlines and usually choose to fly with them over the competition. But right now they are driving me crazy! They keep changing their schedules, taking flights away and then putting them back in. The last three times I went to book all of our travel arrangements (New York to St. Lucia, St. Lucia to Punta Cana, then Punta Cana to New York), the flights have changed. This makes it very difficult to plan because we keep having to change what we're doing!

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been dealing with this.

I work with AA so my advice is just be patient b/c I think with this fuel crisis it may happen a few times more. Hate to be the bearer of bad news. All airlines are going through this tough time.

my flight (which is 3 legs on the way to cabo) is in 2.5 weeks and i keep checking to see if theyve changed any legs, but so far they havent.

I used to work for SkyWest and worked regional for Delta and United and all airlines do this.... every year. It's all about business needs and where the business is. We all know that the majority of airlines are either bankrupt or on the verge of being bankrupt. So of course they have to change there schedule do to business cause they need as much as they can get!

Mine hasnt changed as far as I know...I assume my TA would let me know if it does?!?!?! Then again there arent a ton of flights to Cancun from KC

Yes, I think this is normal for the current market situation. The LAX to CABO flight I have always taken at 7:35 in the am is now gone and I can't get there before 2 pm now.. bummer~!

It is because these companies are losing money. The government has them on restricts and they are not able to be a free market (based on supply and demand). With all the regulations, they have to put the puzzle together just right otherwise they will go under. Not sure if that makes sense but I would hate to be in the airline industry right now. AA is doing large lay offs as well.