45 replies to this topic

#41 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tamster808
    Even though Kozmo is 26 lbs and Newman is 66 lbs and both are 4 years old(yes they are named after Senfield).
    Please tell me that you call Newman like Jerry. lol i dont think i can say Newman and not say like that.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#42 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christi
      What is in a raw diet? Is it safe to switch back and forth from kibble to raw? I like the idea of preparing home food so to speak, but also like the convenience of having kibble around too.
      It's safe to switch immediately from kibble to raw, but I don't think you can switch from raw immediately back to kibble. The raw is actually much more convenient than I thought it would be. Every 4 days or so I put some from the freezer into tupperware containers and then put it in the fridge, then I just take the food out of the fridge to feed him. The benefits of the food far outweigh having to re-fill the tupperwares every 4 days or so.

Just to clarify - for the raw diet, it's actually already prepared and we purchase it in a big bag and keep it in the freezer. It kinda looks like ground beef but there are other things in there too (carrots, some other vegs, some bone). We don't actually prepare the food for him every day.

This is the brand we use:

The Ultimate Diet

#43 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

Killick has been eating TLC since he was born. The breeder starts him off on it & highly recommends it (with no benefit to her!). It has free delivery to anywhere in North America!! It's great not to have to go out & pick up his food or treats...just pick it up off the door step when we get home in the evening! Click the image to open in full size.

#44 lmg970

lmg970
        • 316 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

My yellow lab eats purina one, but we tried her on pedigree small crunchy bites, but we got a letter in the mail from the manufacturer that it was most likely contaminated with salmonella, to stop it immediately and throw it away. Won't go back to that so FI is happy as he now gets his choice of purina one large breed formula. she is much happier on this food also

#45 **~Jenn~**

**~Jenn~**
          • 1,236 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by BachataBride
            Killick has been eating TLC since he was born. The breeder starts him off on it & highly recommends it (with no benefit to her!). It has free delivery to anywhere in North America!! It's great not to have to go out & pick up his food or treats...just pick it up off the door step when we get home in the evening! Click the image to open in full size.
            Awww He is sooo cute!! :-) Is he a Chocolate Lab? I have a Black Lab (Mixed with Cocker Spaniel!!)
            He has Bad allergies and I think I a going to have to find out more about this Raw Diet..I just don't know where to get it in my area.....

Here is my baby.....
            Click the image to open in full size.
            Click the image to open in full size.

Married @ Dreams Cancun 06/24/09
            My Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....24-09-a-45066/Pics By Juan Navarrohttp://www.facebook.....9&l=32db696cd3

#46 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:09 AM

He's so cute!! Cuddling while he has a snooze!! So adorable!!
              Yeah, Killick is a chocolate lab. I think we're getting another one next year, either black or yellow. Jeff says he's going to keep buying me puppies whenever I bring up babies!! LOL
              You should contact the people at TLC...they should be able to let you know if this food will be ok with his allergies. And the best thing is they make treats too...so you know they will be ok too! Also, they ship right to your door for FREE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users