Photo

Paying for Bridesmaids Trip

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:05 AM

We didn't pay for our bridal party, we gave everyone plenty of noticed. But we also knew the people we were asking to be in the wedding party would come to the wedding. Everyone was a great sport.

#12 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
    • 687 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:39 AM

We will not be paying for ours either. I plan on buying their dresses, a few small gifts and a spa certificate for at the resort. We haven't decided anything for the guys yet, but we'll think of something.
      Photography by Tamm's Photos
      http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#13 sndyndln

sndyndln
      • 30 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:45 AM

We are not paying for ours (which I'm noticing no one else did really either, makes me feel better). But we are only having two. I would suggest like someone before me said, and seeing who is planning on coming, and taking it from there. We are not paying for the dresses either, but I am letting them pick their own as long as they are black and white and some what similair to mine. That way they can wear it again for other occasions in the future.

#14 Carolyn

Carolyn
        • 1,235 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

I will not be paying for the trip but I will be paying for there dress, make-up and hair.. I will also be getting them a nice gift.

#15 twixygrl

twixygrl
          • 293 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:32 AM

All the other members are right, but I will concur. You do not have to pay their trip. It sounds as if you have already asked them to stand up for you. If one of them cannot make it due to money concerns maybe you could come up with a way to help her out that doesn't involve you paying her ticket out of your own pocket....maybe a little "fundraiser." Hopefully your girls will all make it. But dont feel obligated.

Also, it is nice that they can buy their own dress so they can be as price sensitive as they need to be based on their own situation.
            Twixygrl

#16 sunset78

sunset78
            • 1,280 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:47 AM

We will be paying for half, but we will only have MOH and BM. We are also going to be paying half for his sister, and either half or all for his parents and my parents.

#17 *Casey*

*Casey*
              • 5,209 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:51 AM

I kind of see it as a vacation for them, and I wouldn't pay for their vacation... even though its for my wedding. Are they all financially stable to where they can afford the trip? You could help possibly pay for their dresses, but other than that, I think you're good. Have any of them hinted at the fact that they wanted you to pay?

#18 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:07 AM

definitely not. we looked at each persons situation and decided from there. my sister was being sponsored by my parents, one bm and her hubby had their flight paid for by his parents, who were also coming (i paid for her dress instead), one gm, who has been in school getting his phd for 10 years def. couldn't afford to come, so we paid for his hotel, the other gm had $ and could afford it, and the last bm didn't say anything, but i knew that $ was tight, so we offered $500 to use however they needed it. i'm happy i helped those who needed it, but that last bm would have been there regardless.

#19 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

You don't have to pay for their trips. I know it's tradition to pay for a bm's one night hotel stay where we live but with a DW that gets totally thrown out the window. I am paying for my bm's dresses and getting them a gift. i only have 2 bms though.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#20 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,513 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:04 PM

I didn't offer to pay for my BM's expenses - no way! Originally I was going to have my 3 BF's be in my wedding - but then one was finishing up nursing school, one is a teacher and couldn't get work off and the other one had just gone to jamaica.....so none of them ended up being able to make it - I had my sister, and 2 SIL's be in it. Later, after my wedding and after seeing all the *awesome* pics my BF's told me if I had specifically asked them to be my BM they would've found a way to make it. It kinda pissed me off!! Anyways my 2 cents - don't pay there way - if they want to be there they can find a way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users