Photo

Our AHR.....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

Our AHR was last weekend and thought I would share the evening with all you ladies and post a couple of pics. To give alittle background, my husband and I decided to get married in Jamica to avoid the stress and the money would spend on a big to do. In addition I moved 3 hours away from my friends and family and didn't want to have to worry about where and how we were gonna to get everyone together. Our actual wedding was very small, just us and another couple. Neither of our parents or siblings were able to make the trip. That was ok with us. I really did not want to have an AHR and after trying to cancell it a few months ago my parents talked me into it and took on the responsibily and in addition decided we were not to worry about a thing. They took care of the venue, the DJ, the food, and the decorations. I was pretty nervous about it but it turned out great! My mom and dad did an excellent job. The decorations were wonderful and the food was great!

Here is the cake my cousin made. It's the first wedding cake she has ever made and I think she did a really great job. It tasted awsome too!
    Click the image to open in full size.
    This where they had us sitting
    The first, well secound dance since we did one in Jamaica too..lol Oh yea, I decided not to wear my wedding dress cause I wanted things very casual!

#2 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
    • 419 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

My favorite part of the evening was couples musical chairs. The guys had to sit in the chairs and the ladies had to find a lap when the music stopped! It was a blast! I was the secound to last girl out and Hollis was the male winner. It shows how competitive we are...lol

#3 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
      • 419 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

Here is one last pic. I wanted to show everyone how nice my kids looked all cleaned up..lol My step daughter is the one in the back and white dress. I took her that afternoon and had her hair done so she would feel beautiful and she was!! My stepson is in the red shirt and my son is in the solid white shirt. I was holding the 2 year old my husband and I have together. Somehow we missed getting a picture of just the six of us (It was a very busy night) so in the rest of the pic is my brother and his family. I think we are gonna go have a real family picture taken soon!

#4 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:22 AM

Glad you had a great time at your AHR! Looks like you all had a lot of fun! Congrats and thanks for sharing :)

#5 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
          • 933 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

looks like you had fun! you look beautiful!
            My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#6 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

It looks like you guys had a great time! I'm sure everyone was excited to get to celebrate with you.

#7 AmandaR

AmandaR
              • 241 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

Steph, your AHR looked like a blast! I love the picture of everyone playing Musical Chairs!

Amanda

#8 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

Yay! It looks like you had soooo much fun!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#9 Carolyn

Carolyn
                • 1,235 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

Looks like you had a blast. Your cousin did a great job on the cake. It looks wonderful.

#10 JennyK

JennyK
                  • 3,502 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:44 PM

Cute pictures!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users