Photo

Quitting smoking

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Erica053009

Erica053009
  • 513 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

Ok so it has been 5 days since I had a cigarette...yes I am quitting smoking and I hate every second of the day since I made this decision. Is anyone else going through this right now? I decided I did not want to be a smoking and fat bride. So I am quitting smoking so I can breath so I can exercise but all I have done is eat, eat, and eat oh and my new addiction is soda (that's great for the butt). MY FI is working overnight tonight (FDNY) and I want to drive to the store buy a $10 pack of cigarettes smoke them all and lie to his face when he ask if I cheated. If no one sees it does it count? Thanks for listening to me vent and if you have any tips I would appreciate them...

me going crazy

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:40 PM

Wait first of all cigarettes are $10 where you live?

Second, congratulations on day 5!!! It sure is tough, isn't it? I've been there and it seems like it would be easier to kick crack! A lot of people, on BDW too, have been able to quit cold turkey and good for you! Stick with it, the longer you go without the easier it becomes. I sort of cheated if you can call it that - I saw a hypnotherapist. I still had moments of cravings but they were much more managable IMO.

Whatever you do don't buy a pack! If you have to have one the first week when it is super tough, bum one - ONE. A few doctors have told me before that tapering off is as effective as cold turkey but I think we're all different. Never have a pack in your possession again if you are truly trying to quit or you will sabotage yourself. Hang in there, you can do it

#3 happygilmore

happygilmore
      • 576 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

I am not quitting smoking but I am quitting soda! At one point recently i was drinking a 2 liter bottle of diet pepsi a day. So after finding out I have hypothyrodism and that was why I was so tired and drinking the soda for the caffeine I decided to quit, plus a friend told me about an article she read about how horrible aspirtame(sp?) is for you! I have made it passed the killer headaches, thank goodness!

Just remember it takes 21 days to make a habit! So hopefully your new habit will be not smoking!

As for tips, I have heard to drink water, play with a pen or find something to do when you have an urge! Good luck! May we both be successful with our goals!

#4 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
        • 933 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

you can do it! i did after 10ish years! just don't drink while you are trying to quit. you can do it! you can do it!
          My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by amandalovesryan
            just don't drink while you are trying to quit.
            Yes, great point!!! It will make it a zillion times more difficult!

#6 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:05 PM

You can totally do this. Stay strong - when you need one, come here and post - type till your little fingers are so tired they couldn't dream of holding a cigarette.

#7 Christi

Christi
              • 1,905 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:07 PM

a friend of mine chewed a lot of gum and started taking pictures to give her something to do with her hands...good luck and congrats on quitting!

#8 Erica053009

Erica053009
                • 513 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

Yeah almost $10 a pack isn't that crazy my FI and I were spending average $20 a day on killing ourselves slowly 2 more good reason we are quitting, money and longer lives together :)

#9 Erica053009

Erica053009
                  • 513 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LALA
                    You can totally do this. Stay strong - when you need one, come here and post - type till your little fingers are so tired they couldn't dream of holding a cigarette.
                    This forum has been a life saver honestly if I wasn't typing away tonight I would have def broke down and cheated thanks for the support

#10 KLC77

KLC77
                    • 2,207 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

Good luck! Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for yourself. Stay strong!
                      ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users