• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 quiche

quiche
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 09:11 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TA Jill
    Immediately! I ended up not even wearing my skirt thing that went under the dress, because that was one more thing to make me hot!
    Wow! I'll keep that in mind thanks for the information.

#12 Jenn

Jenn
    • 1,557 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

Just as an aside... if you love the look of satin, it is possible... My dress was duchess silk satin which is much lighter than standard satin. I was hot after a while, but I was ok for the ceremony and dinner. Raw silk is also very light and would work. Of course, if you want a TTD in your actual wedding dress, don't go with anything silk. I wore a different dress for TTD.

#13 quiche

quiche
      • 71 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jenn
        Just as an aside... if you love the look of satin, it is possible... My dress was duchess silk satin which is much lighter than standard satin. I was hot after a while, but I was ok for the ceremony and dinner. Raw silk is also very light and would work. Of course, if you want a TTD in your actual wedding dress, don't go with anything silk. I wore a different dress for TTD.
        Thanks Jenn. I found a few dresses in duchess silk satin that I really liked, bu feared they may be too heavy. This really helps, thanks!

#14 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 09:41 AM

My dress was A-line, which I think also helped. I never would've been able to wear a mermaid, but with the big skirt, I was fine. Good luck!

#15 Jamminworld

Jamminworld
          • 136 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:01 AM

I feel in love with my dress. Unfortunately, I know I will be super hot. Mine is a silk/satin blend. I am only doing my ceremony and a short cocktail reception so I will endure it to have my dream dress.

#16 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

mine was chiffon (i think) and I was still sweaty. I had to pick up the bottom as we walked across the beach because my legs were hot. I had on a slip & then there was a layer in the dress. It didnt' breath. still I'd wear it again. it wasn't bad.

I'm glad I had that flowy layer on top. i love how it photographed with so much movement. it was also pretty in the water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users