Sign in to follow this  
Nrvsbride

What was your most favorite bridal gift?

Hey guys,

I'm trying to put together something special for a good friend of mine who just got engaged. Her engagement party is August 23rd and I have decided to make a wagon (using a child's toy wagon) filled with exciting bridal stuff.

So I am trying to come up with ideas of stuff to put in it. They can be little things or big things. Basically I want to know what was some of your favorite stuff that you got either at your bridal shower, wedding, engagment party, or just any old gift.

I want to do really, really cute things. Money is not a factor, I'm going to go all out so please let me know any cute ideas.

I've already ordered the wagon (its pink) and a wedding planner book. Plus I ordered two books "Something Borrowed" and "Something Blue" to throw in there. I will probably get her a monogrammed "soon to be" hoodie but I need more stuff. Any ideas?

Glenda - get her a cute ring holder - that is the BEST engagement gift IMHO.

BRB - i am going to put some links here for you in a minute...

i am such a loon i have 3 of these - i have this one on my nightstand by my bed...

Bed Bath & Beyond Product

this one in my kitchen next to the sink (but in a green)

Etsy :: Dirtgirlpottery :: Blue Stoneware Ringholder

and a silver elephant one in my bathroom (i can't find a pic - it is a cheap-y one anyway)

if you don't like those, search "ring holder" and you will find a bunch by Lenox and Waterford - those are nice too just not my taste.

I think this is the best gift b/c every girl needs a special place to put her new bling wink.gif

agreed - good call alyssa about the ring holder.

a good friend of mine recently got engaged and she and i are going to have the same last initial when we are both married, so i got us matching "Mrs. H" totes from land's end - it was like $25 plus shipping. she LOVED it.

Glenda...

My fav gift was from my mom at my shower: She had taken my wedding invitation and gotten it framed in a gorgeous thick silver frame with about 4 different mattings and a neat band of silver kind of studs around it. It's hanging on my wall already...just love it, and so creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Andy View Post
Glenda...
My fav gift was from my mom at my shower: She had taken my wedding invitation and gotten it framed in a gorgeous thick silver frame with about 4 different mattings and a neat band of silver kind of studs around it. It's hanging on my wall already...just love it, and so creative.
Oooh that is really cute but unfortunately she doesn't have a wedding invitation yet b/c she hasn't even picked a date or location. LOl. But I will def keep this in mind for her shower.

I also used to get all my friends the Tiffany's heart keychain with their new initials and wedding date engraved but since she doesn't have a wedding date yet I can't do that.

Hmmm...thanks for the ring holder idea Alyssa and Maura I def have to check these out.

oooh I just remembered...Ana (from the forum) was so sweet and sent me a little goodie bag before the wedding and it had this lip goss in it. It is sooooo cute....when you turn it over it makes the bride and BM's do something special...and that part comes off and can be hooked on your keychain. I loved the gloss as well....and even wore it that wedding day :)

BALMSHELL - Today?s The Day

glenda what a great idea about the tiffanys keychain with the new initials and wedding date, now i know what my first purchase will be when we get back from mexico LOL

If she is thinking of having a DW I would get her the Knot Destination Wedding Book it is my bible my bf got for me and it was the best gift...A monogrammed bath robe is cute (and takes up room)...and champange flutes are a traditional gift