Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review 7/4/08

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Detailed review, I couldnt wish for more, I also am going to get married at the ror, and this review helps me very much! But I also wonder, how did you get the 5 o'clock wedding time? I have the 4 o'clock ceremony, and I thought it was the last time to get. Im getting worried, that it will be to busy..looking like factory marriage...

Thanks everyone. I will try to answer all your questions.

1. I used the Royal package and upgraded by using the Tai Flora for the ceremony and reception décor. I sent Jennivie pictures I found of centerpieces and ceremony hupaâ€s and she would give me the price they charged to replicate the same thing for me. She was very helpful. I would suggest calling her in advance. Also, I brought my bouquets and other flowers with me.

2. I picked the plantation because we wanted a private reception. Iâ€ve attached some more pictures from our reception at the plantation and of my ceremony hupa. Remember you can make some changes up until the day before your wedding day. So if you decide that the disco is fine and want to rent it out just tell Chandlyn and she will take care of it. There were things that I couldnâ€t decide on until I experienced it for myself (ie, the dancers).

3. I got the 5pm ceremony b/c when I first went online to book the 4pm time slot it was taken. So I contacted the Riu headquarters and persuaded them to allow me to use 5pm instead. I really wanted my wedding on the 4th so they were very helpful.

Actually on the 5th they only had one wedding which was shocking. I think people select the times and then drop out but no one lets you know that bit if info until you get there. However, if youâ€ve selected the 4pm time slot you should be fine. You will still be the last wedding of the day and the beach is not that crowded during that time.

For those of you who chose the garden gazebo be aware that the gazebo is located near the active pool and so the pool noise and or activities might sound loud in the background during your ceremony.

5. I contacted Michael prior to arriving to the riu. I gave him the basics of my wedding. When I arrived to the Riu we meet up with Michael and discussed what type of pictures we wanted and how much everything would cost. He has a TON of sample pictures that you can look at to get an idea of he does. Also, Michael is a professional photographer. Heâ€s been doing this kind of work for over 8+ years and has a lot of experience. You just have to know what you want.

We even set up a morning ‘trash the dress†shoot with him the morning after our wedding. In total he took over 1000 pictures.

~$u Plantation_Hupa.doc

Hi this was one of the best detail wedding reviews so far that i have read. This is very very helpful to me considering im having my wedding at the riu ocho rios august 18th 2008, yes just around the corner girl. im extremely nervous i just want everything to be right. I have a question what was the cost of the entertainment? It looks like a lot of fun. Im looking to have a beach gazebo wedding. That is my dream, the idea of getting married on the beach was from the martin lawrence show, the only thing is i wont have babyface singing at the wedding lol.... I just love the colors of your brides maids dress awesome choice. Two thumbs up for your review, i have other question but i dont want to bore you with them,, thanks and congradulations.' Bronx New york