Photo

Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review 7/4/08

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#11 Danniellou

Danniellou
  • 815 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

Great review! Thar makes me feel much better about going with the Riu!

#12 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
    • 298 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

Nice to see everything went according to plan. I am still a bit nervous about how everything is going to turn out.

Your pictures were beautiful and your colors were really nice. Congrats!!

#13 msasfraz

msasfraz
      • 392 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:45 PM

really nice pics... love the flowers... i choose calla lillies as well... Congrats!

#14 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

Congrats! It sounds perfect and reminds me so much of my own experience.

#15 quiche

quiche
          • 71 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

This isn't the first time that someone has commented on smell in the disco. Anyone know why its smells?

#16 quiche

quiche
            • 71 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

Great photos! You were a beautiful bride!

#17 riubride08

riubride08
              • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

The disco smells I think because its so small and they don't turn the air conditioning on unless needed.

I am pleased that everyone liked my pics. Michael was great.

Take into consideration that my wedding was the last one of the day. There were only 2 weddings that day which made Chandlyn and Nicky easily accessable when my time came around. Chandlyn and Nicky do a really good job especially since they are the only two people working in the entire wedding department.

I would recommend being very detailed with your requests. I wrote everything out EXACTLY how I wanted it to look or happen. I would go over everything with them to make sure we were on the same page and I would call them if necessary. Sometimes I think it was easier for me to call them on the phone to explain things just to make sure we had that understanding.

Remember its your wedding. Don't be affraid to buy a calling card and call them if you are not getting a quick response with using emails. Then you can follow up the call with an email to confirm your conversation.

When you arrive to the Riu for your big day ask Chandlyn:
                - how many weddings are planned on your day
                -what are the times and
                -where they will be having their receptions

This will help you figure out where your wedding comes in during all the events on that day and how busy Chandlyn will be during your time of need. Remember to ask questions.

Here are some more helpful tips:
                -Make your hair and or makeup appt with the salon at least two days in advance to make sure you get the time you want and arrive a little early as they will make you wait.

-Put all your important items in a small to go bag like, vows, makeup, shoes/slippers etc... and keep them with you. I left my vows in my room and had to have some one run back and get them at the last minute (lol). That wait was not fun :)

If you have more questions just let me know.

Jill

#18 quiche

quiche
                • 71 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

Which package did you go with and did you upgrade anything?

#19 chicklet

chicklet
                  • 718 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

Great review and congratulations!How did you know what you wanted before you arrived?
                    Did you book Michael prior to your arrival as well?

#20 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
                    • 417 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:04 PM

Congratulations!!! Your review was wonderful and so helpful. Can you give me details on the Plantation? My FI and I love to dance and are trying to keep things low budget, so I was thinking the disco, but need more info on the Plantation. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users