• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:21 AM

OK, let me preface this by saying I'm not a huge Batman fan, and I also go see probably 50% of what comes out in the theater and rent everything else later- I watch a TON of movies. So, I honestly didn't go into this with high hopes because I'm always disappointed by movies that are surrounded with tons of hype. Well...

This movie was freaking amazing. I absolutely loved it. Definitely the best movie this year, if not the best movie in the last couple years- although "There Will Be Blood" and "No Country" probably give it a run for it's money.... I absolutely LOVE dark movies and this movie was all that and a bag of chips :) Heath was brilliant as the Joker, and Christian Bale was, well, he was yummy Christian Bale- I'll stop now before I get in trouble! lol I thought the plot was fantastic with lots of twists and incredible acting. The only person who didn't wow me was Maggie Gyllenhaal, but I liked her as Dawes better than Katie Holmes.

If you like action, if you like movies a little on the darker side- go see this movie. I waited 4 days to be able to see it in IMAX- and if you have the opportunity to go that route, by all means do it!

#32 cheshire_moon

cheshire_moon
    • 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

I saw this on IMAX as well. It was amazing, and honestly I can't wait to see it again to pick up on things I missed while mesmerized during the first viewing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users